Fish Market in Pontian, Johor?

Wizzercool

sorry for the late update...... Went to Pontian fish market...... back in a week before Raya!....... When to uncle Lim durian farm to eat durian before heading to the market..... As mentioned by many, the farm does have alot of houseflies.... but Uncle lim newly set up a special room with all netting for Singaporeans.... haha..... as not durian season......the selections are limited and sold out fast...... Proceed to the fish market to buy fishes and prawn... as I reached there about 11am..... mainly the bidding by those fishmongers are over...... bought some fishes and prawn which they will help you to properly packed into the ice box with ice.......Didn't went over to the shop with my purchases to cook for us.... as it is crowded..... but according to those fishmongers.... you still can buy fishes from them and request to cook shop to cook the seafood for you.... not a bad trip.... but the coming back is agony.... as stuck in jam for 8 hrs to come back singapore!!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

sorry for the late update...... Went to Pontian fish market...... back in a week before Raya!....... When to uncle Lim durian farm to eat durian before heading to the market..... As mentioned by many, the farm does have alot of houseflies.... but Uncle lim newly set up a special room with all netting for Singaporeans.... haha..... as not durian season......the selections are limited and sold out fast...... Proceed to the fish market to buy fishes and prawn... as I reached there about 11am..... mainly the bidding by those fishmongers are over...... bought some fishes and prawn which they will help you to properly packed into the ice box with ice.......Didn't went over to the shop with my purchases to cook for us.... as it is crowded..... but according to those fishmongers.... you still can buy fishes from them and request to cook shop to cook the seafood for you.... not a bad trip.... but the coming back is agony.... as stuck in jam for 8 hrs to come back singapore!!!!!

thanks for the FR!  :D what's the prices like for fishes and prawns nowadays?

stuck in a jam for 8 hours?  :huh:  :wacko:  :a-confused:

Hypersonic

stuck 8 hrs, fish/prawns still fresh?

• Praise 1

(edited)

u will be surprise........ as I am very surprise.... all 4 boxes of seafoods are still intact with the ices..... majority of the ice did not melt!

thanks for the FR!  :D what's the prices like for fishes and prawns nowadays?

stuck in a jam for 8 hours?  :huh:  :wacko:  :a-confused:

yup 8 hours.... start queuing near pelangi shopping mall jb at about 8.45pm, clear woodland at about 3am.......reach home near 4am after sending relatives back.......

Edited by Macross_vin

after buying fish prawns crabs, my family still can go makan relax. come back jam abit,

all still fresh , dun worry.

as long as the boxes is not broken, fill fully with ice, and totally tape up [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

after buying fish prawns crabs, my family still can go makan relax. come back jam abit,

all still fresh , dun worry.

as long as the boxes is not broken, fill fully with ice, and totally tape up [laugh]

awesome  [thumbsup]

u will be surprise........ as I am very surprise.... all 4 boxes of seafoods are still intact with the ices..... majority of the ice did not melt!

nice  [thumbsup]

• Praise 8

Is the seafood there much cheaper and fresher than Singapore?

Just wondering whether worth to drive 1-1.5 hr north for it.

Thanks.

Just wondering whether worth to drive 1-1.5 hr north for it.

Thanks.

confirm wu hua, 

but dun go there buy a few fishes la,  min 1 - 2  boxes

u know the uncle liao, can bargain some more. 

• Praise 2

confirm wu hua, 

but dun go there buy a few fishes la,  min 1 - 2  boxes

u know the uncle liao, can bargain some more. 

Thanks ... in additional to just cheaper seafood, thinking of 2D1N trip.

Any other things to do there?

Any good shopping centre? Must eat makan places?

Thanks for sharing ...

Just wondering whether worth to drive 1-1.5 hr north for it.

Thanks.

Don't think it is very much cheaper after factoring in fuel, toll, time, etc but you pay for the freshness.

My dad went last week and he was telling me the fishmongers were selling medium sized sea prawns at around RM60-70/kg. Assume you buy 3kg, the saving won't be that significant. Need to buy a lot.

• Praise 3

Thanks ... in additional to just cheaper seafood, thinking of 2D1N trip.

Any other things to do there?

Any good shopping centre? Must eat makan places?

Thanks for sharing ...

Most people go to Kukup to stay in one of the over the water "bungalows". Heard not bad but never try before.

Most people go to Kukup to stay in one of the over the water "bungalows". Heard not bad but never try before.

I went before. 

Not bad, just relax and eat + visit to a fish farm.  Can play fireworks and fly "sky lantern".  Usually people will play mahjong and karaoke in the chalet.

Children will enjoy exploring the village, watching mad skippers and mini crabs during low tide.

They need a minimum of 10 pax in order to book.

• Praise 3

Been there once and love the sea breeze and water. Wanted to go back again but wife prefers shopping [bigcry] than looking at crabs, fishes and sunset.

• Praise 1

Been there once and love the sea breeze and water. Wanted to go back again but wife prefers shopping [bigcry] than looking at crabs, fishes and sunset.

You tell me which woman like to look at crabs, fishes and sunset? Lol.

haha..... definitely not mine... cause when my wife step out of the vehicle when we reached the market..... the "Seafood" smell just killed her! also as it is a wet market..... wearing a slipper will be a no no for her..... as her feet got wet.... worst still........ after we left.... the smell just stay inside the car till I manage to get some pandan leaves to kill the smell!

Most women I know like to look at

funny-face-in-dollar-bill.jpg:grin:

• Praise 1

haha..... definitely not mine... cause when my wife step out of the vehicle when we reached the market..... the "Seafood" smell just killed her! also as it is a wet market..... wearing a slipper will be a no no for her..... as her feet got wet.... worst still........ after we left.... the smell just stay inside the car till I manage to get some pandan leaves to kill the smell!

Wow!  She's so 小姐. 

The smell is so strong meh?  Next time bring perfume.  Wahahahahaha

• Praise 1

Wow!  She's so 小姐. 

The smell is so strong meh?  Next time bring perfume.  Wahahahahaha

Wind oil is the best.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1