Toyota Sienta 1.5

Victor68

While shopping around, I ran into this cute 7 seaters. What amaze me most is that for a small car like this, you actually can sit 7 adults. The seating is even better than WISH or the likes.

1 door is auto sliding while the other with

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

yes yes...don't like the looks either...interior not as huge as you mentioned...tried seating in one the other day, couldn't breathe properly...3rd row useless with front and 2nd row seats slide all the way to the back...how to seat 7??? unless all of them no hands and legs...

• Praise 1

While shopping around, I ran into this cute 7 seaters. What amaze me most is that for a small car like this, you actually can sit 7 adults. The seating is even better than WISH or the likes.

• Praise 1

yes yes...don't like the looks either...interior not as huge as you mentioned...tried seating in one the other day, couldn't breathe properly...3rd row useless with front and 2nd row seats slide all the way to the back...how to seat 7??? unless all of them no hands and legs...

[rolleyes] I believe you must be owning Alphard or Grand Voyager? Heard that those cars 3rd row very spacious even with all seats slide all the way to the back. I envy you, can drive such big cars.

Thanks for the warning man! I ever slide the Sienta 2nd row all the way back with my adult friend sitting behind me. Damn, I better check if his legs are still there, maybe chopped off liao!!! Hope can find his legs there still, maybe still got chance to reattach back.....I better go check now..

Edited by Sgnick
  • Praise 1

Hi,

I am driving one since Aug 2009. It is quite a good car, the high roof is a pleasent to all who sit in it. My average FC is 17 tol 18 km/l.

Had driven to KL with 3 children and 5 Adults and full of bags under the 1st, 2nd row, spare tire well plus boot space.

Cheers

[shocked] champion FC. U r the first I heard of to get this FC I think.

WISH has a bigger interior than sienta? How come I don't feel the same? In term of leg room and head room, I feel the Sienta has more. Yes the finishes and design cannot compare to WISH but do remember the price tag hor.

I feel the sienta is unique in the design. Innovative if I may say it.

WISH has a bigger interior than sienta? How come I don't feel the same? In term of leg room and head room, I feel the Sienta has more. Yes the finishes and design cannot compare to WISH but do remember the price tag hor.

I feel the sienta is unique in the design. Innovative if I may say it.

Look at the car seats.they r build smaller & cushion thinner.

But the third row headroom is super good,almost same as freed.

The third row seat is good in height,but leg-room is average.

• Praise 1

After further review, 7 seaters are good for family that ferry their kids around frequently. That is your kids are below 12 and your family member are 7. Mine is 6 adults and we hardly have to travel together. Parents of older children would know, once they are above 18, you don't get to see them often. hahaha

Maybe an executive car and if require a 2nd small car is more pratical? However, this Sienta is still a good choice for budget tight would be owner. My rating on value for money is 7.5.

if u buy sienta,

u'r buying a car that has these features:

1) Excellent FC (slightly lower than vios only)

2) 7 seater capability

3) subjective cute look

4) low road tax and maintenance cost

5) auto sliding doors (typically only available in higher end models)

these 5 points are sienta's very very strong points.

the only weak point is PI, and very few of them on the road.

if u buy sienta,

u'r buying a car that has these features:

1) Excellent FC (slightly lower than vios only)

2) 7 seater capability

3) subjective cute look

4) low road tax and maintenance cost

5) auto sliding doors (typically only available in higher end models)

these 5 points are sienta's very very strong points.

the only weak point is PI, and very few of them on the road.

I see Sienta almost everytime I on the road and in carparks, sometimes see a few a day, so it's not as uncommon as you might think. Carens, on the other hand, I try to spot but hardly come across one, occasionally will see one.

Being PI car hasn't stopped Wish from selling so very much in Spore, so being PI is not really that bad experience as u imagine. Lots of people are driving PI cars. Think of it as buying furniture from Courts vesus buying furniture from small neighburhood furniture shop, shopping in Court so big and got aircon damn shiok somemore the staff wear uniform and good service, but end of the day the furniture is the same.

btw, for $52K, can get the Sienta XLimited with the power sliding door liao, don't need he higest end model to get it :)

Edited by Sgnick

Look at the car seats.they r build smaller & cushion thinner.

But the third row headroom is super good,almost same as freed.

The third row seat is good in height,but leg-room is average.

A very fair observation, stating facts. Wish more people can be like you when judging the Sienta, instead of just brushing it off and labelling it as trash w/o really trying it out fairly.

Sienta is simply a JDM budget small MPV. It's not a Wish, Picnic, Estima or Alphard equivalent, so no point expecting too much or comparing. Can anyone get a new Wish for $52K?

Edited by Sgnick
↡ Advertisement