Lets talk about fish!

Kelpie

My current maid told me his ex-employer in Hong Kong is a fish lover

Just curious, your maid is a he?

Sorry, that is a typo error, pardon my poor england [laugh] .

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I like the yu tou lu at Balestier hawker centre. Lots of meat and tasty (MSG laden) soup base. But always wait at least 30 min.

hey speaking of keeping fish, anyone knows any good place to get 3 x 3 ft fish tank in west area? seems like aquarium hard to find. qianhu hv?

If you can't find the size you want some shops would be able to custom make it for you. Try asking around and comparing prices - custom made tanks are often a lot less expensive than one would expect.

Qianhu should either have or be able to order/custom make.

herring, salmon and trout produce the highest content of omega 3 fatty acids among all the other fishes. herring produces the highest level of omega 3 fatty acids. the different types of salmon produces different level of omega 3 fatty acid. chinook is the fattest, followed by sockeye and pink salmon has the leanest meat.

Edited by Alcapone

Salmon and cod, buy from Fassler at Woodlands Terrace. Cheaper.

[thumbsup] i second that. everytime got craving for sashimi i get from them

Twincharged

how come nobody recommend batang fish ?? relatively cheap and when prepared properly, taste great too.

used to frequent a stall selling fish porridge at my workplace almost everyday; but that was when the cook was a young chap by the name of ah huat. The stall's business was also very good then. But since he left the stall, i only tried the preparation twice by another cook and gave up on the stall already.

ya lor me too...300gm for only abt $12 is cheap man... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

try 1 fish soup stall at kakit bukit techview taste good and is cheap.

the stall name is ah koon fish porriage if i remember correctly....

Hi all,

Fish is perceived as a healthy source of protein (Omega). My current maid told me his ex-employer in Hong Kong is a fish lover and wanted fish for every meal if they are eating at home. Do you eat fish everyday?

I thought this is a good idea and seriously thinking about buying more fish in the near future. What are the fish that are known for a nice steamed dish? I'm sure there are both cheaper one and the more exotic one. Any lobang for reasonable priced fishes around?

Fish guru, please advise.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

I am fish lover and almost eat Steam Fish every meal if I ask my maid to cook. Normally, the fish I buy is no more than $20/kg. Average should be $15/kg.

I do not know how to choose but I always buy from a few stalls that I know of and I tell them if you giveme lousy fish that can not steam (the fish must be fresh to be able to steam or else it sticks), I will not buy from them anymore. So far, the fish i bought are very fresh.

I been there many time but not sure how or what to buy. Is there many type of cod fish?

Salmon and cod, buy from Fassler at Woodlands Terrace. Cheaper.

frozen kind?? salmon is real nice for sashimi and pan grill...