Peugeot 207

Onenightstd2

the 206 is still a better car. What are you looking for in a 207?

206 is more responsive in turns and acceleration...

207 is dull....

207 is dull....

100% agree [thumbsup] 206's steering was fantastic, 207's is typical no-feel electric power steering. Peugeot's really lost the plot in recent years.

Peugeots, let down by their auto box. Though the 1.4 comes in a automated manual box.

That, if suitable to you, will be a good option.

But quite a number of ppl cant get used to these automated manual boxes.

Neutral Newbie

207 is bigger compared to 206, so the interior is bigger, esp at the back. 207 has a new 1.6L engine co-developed with BMW. This engine is deployed in Mini too. However, the auto transmission is the same for 206 and 207. 207 also has a more modern and higher quality interior. General criticism of the 207 is that although it has become bigger and more comfortable, it is also more dull to driving enthusiast. 207 steering may have become more inert but this is the general trend, even BMW. Maybe fitting larger wheels (say 17") will help to give better steering feel.

Edited by Sunrise

used to drive 206, test driven 207. overall still prefer e 206. steering of 207 feels "over controlling". overall interior and exterior looks better though. engine although said to be improved but seriously i don't feel much difference. perhaps i was expecting more from 207. oh, and 207 seems to give a more bumpy feel.

sidenote: 308 looks good. wonder if anyone can provide information about it. :)

Neutral Newbie

the 308 & 407 in MY is assembled by Naza (with certain percentage of local contents). Not sure the 308 selling in SG is from where??

am also having interest in the 207 1.4.

both exterior & interior are more appealing [inlove] than other makes in this class...

however, concern is that i do not know anyone who own a peugeot before & not sure what's the reliability & maintenance cost.. heard tat insurance will also cost more??

the premium rocket high??? It should be in the range of the jazz now... though u may still term it high if compare to other japanese/korean makes which surely derive more value for $.

get the 1.6

the 1.4 being a MTA type gearbox can give better efficiency compared to the autobox, but is whether u can get used to it and learn how to control it

beware of car valets, more than 80% cant drive a MTA gearbox for nuts

Edited by Furrynadz

At least u won't have trouble spoting yr vehicle among all e others..if u drive a Toyota, Honda or Hyundai your friends or relatives might walk to the wrong car. That's what happens to me once when an elderly nearly open my passenger door when her son call out to her "Sa La Cia" [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Bros,

1. how much would a 1.4 Vive (May 2009) fetch in this rising COE & 2nd hand car mkt? A new one costs $80,900 now!

2. does the phone speaker system in the 207 actually works?

Edited by Live4ten

Neutral Newbie

207 is dull....

Yes Stupid 207, the acc so bad. what kind of design is that

Neutral Newbie

[wave]

At least u won't have trouble spoting yr vehicle among all e others..if u drive a Toyota, Honda or Hyundai your friends or relatives might walk to the wrong car. That's what happens to me once when an elderly nearly open my passenger door when her son call out to her "Sa La Cia" [laugh]

:D[laugh][wave]

ha ha i fully agree with this, and this is the ONLY good things for 207. NEVER have trouble spoting my own vehicle.... so obvious.

BUT others than this, it suck

↡ Advertisement