Best to use Stock filters if using CAI

V200

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys. I had routed my air intake to the front 2 months back.

Here is the effect.

Air intake

Luckily using stock filters! Else.... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

if u are using a CAI tubing

it would be a good idea to wrap a net at the mouth opening of the tube.

this extra precaution will help to prevent those leaves from getting into the air box

i did for mine...

up to now, no such big particles as leaves....

the net, u can get from hard ware shops...

one big pc for only $1.

can wrap for alot of cars..

Hi guys. I had routed my air intake to the front 2 months back.

Here is the effect.

Air intake

Luckily using stock filters! Else.... [sweatdrop]

hi bro, thanks for sharing.

may i know where did you get the tubing?

Will like to DIY CAI too.

thanks.

another case of DIY gone wrong...

firstly, if you want ram-air (not ramp) you must put the inlet at a location with the greatest aerodynamic pressure. i've seen a lot of people who put it at random locations or even at places that have negative pressure.

See here for explanation

secondly, the location of the inlet should NOT be like a mechanical sweeper. it seems that you placed urs like the machine they use to clean up the dried leaves in the park. so no matter what kind of filter you use, it's bad.

Lavander area. walk around the block of flats that have the hardware stores. look for a shop that does air/vent ducts. they should have. if you think you need those "specially made for cars" then autobacs can set you up with one

have no idea where the high air pressure for my car is but i place it near the grill of my car.. wanted to cut for more air but then it helps to keep leaves out.

2e5p7wo.jpg

so far no problems at all, dun find lots of leaves and sand in my airbox.

Neutral Newbie

best is use a net to cover over the opening of the CAI

done tat and never had problems with leaves.. jln besar hardware shop got sell too, buy small piece can cover oredi

mine usually face front too, never face my CAI facing the road aka downwards

firstly, if you want ram-air (not ramp) you must put the inlet at a location with the greatest aerodynamic pressure. i've seen a lot of people who put it at random locations or even at places that have negative pressure.

See here for explanation

secondly, the location of the inlet should NOT be like a mechanical sweeper. it seems that you placed urs like the machine they use to clean up the dried leaves in the park. so no matter what kind of filter you use, it's bad.

It's similar to the location of Pitot tube in aircraft to measure the airspeed. The static pressure inlet is at the side of the aircraft fuselage (side of body) to measure the 'still' air pressure.

When air pass through the surface, i.e. of a car, the faster surface airflow happen to have the lowest pressure(from bernoulli principle) so it depends whether we are looking for higher air velocity or higher air pressure. With this aspect the fastest air flow will be the top of the car roof when the it has the lowest pressure. Like the camber of an aerofoil, the fastest laminar airflow point happen to have the lowest pressure point, thus causing lift. Similarly that's why we see ram air-scoop of wrx at the top of the bonnet where the air flow is the fastest at the top of the curve surface.

But we have to understand the measurement of air pressure and air speed is at the point of entry, but the real pressure and speed of airflow will be different as there will be tubing, constriction and bends that will affect the 'optimum' flow and pressure.

The point we need to ask is whether we want more air flow or more air pressure at the point of entry.

Neutral Newbie

hi bro, thanks for sharing.

may i know where did you get the tubing?

Will like to DIY CAI too.

thanks.

Hi. This was from my old dryer. 4". Too big so I modified the ends. But you can get the tubes from Weng Hock Hardware at King George. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

See here for explanation

Actually, I had followed this website.

Link

I put this pipe near my foggies. Like what some guys suggested, will get a net to fix this problem.

But unless you place it on top, which some of the stock designs are, if it is below, bound to have some sand and leaves.

I don't think it sucked up the leaves. You know when you pass by those trees and a sudden gush of wind blows making lots of small leaves fall? Well, I think most of the leaves got there because of this. <_<

Neutral Newbie

if u are using a CAI tubing

it would be a good idea to wrap a net at the mouth opening of the tube.

this extra precaution will help to prevent those leaves from getting into the air box

i did for mine...

up to now, no such big particles as leaves....

the net, u can get from hard ware shops...

one big pc for only $1.

can wrap for alot of cars..

Thanks. will try that. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement