Dekitting the aftermarket exhaust system

Tigershark1976

my FC drop very badly and thinking to put back my original exhaust system. My whole set of exhaust was replaced with aftermarket ones... from extractor, cat converter, mid pipe, centre muffler and rear muffler. I did it in Mal but too lazy to go back there again.... any recomendation on the workshop that is doing a good job + reasonable price?

↡ Advertisement

Not too many choices.

1) If your original exhaust is in M'sia, it makes most financial sense to go back to do it. You just pay for labour

2) If you really don't want to go to M'sia, then you either buy an original used exhaust system for your car, or buy a brand new exhaust system for your car. There are many workshops around who will do a decent job of fitting back your original exhaust. You pay for labour + parts.

Edited by Chickenbackside

Changing to a aftermarket exhaust would not cause your FC to drop drastically. I suspect your O2 sensor is not fixed properly...that will cause your engine to run at a rich mixture hence your FC goes up.

Do check your O2 or Lamba sensor.

did you reset the ECU after installing?

check your O2 sensors too

if all else fails, you can swap at almost any good mech. Some people will recommend the "popular" shop in Ubi, but there are equal number of complains about them. they often treat you with "i got many customers, so i don't really need your business" attitude. i can recommend you a few others, if you PM me.

Neutral Newbie

[laugh]

i used to be a regular there...

They will treat their regular customer better...

Those first time..they usually ai mai ai mai like that...

haha maybe lo.. nothing against them, but since service not as up to wat one expected.. move on lo

heehee usually i go JB or 'famous' shop at Sin Ming now

Neutral Newbie

but also heard alot of complains about poor workmanship in the Sin Ming workshop...

second tat.. seen for myself, do 'operation' liao den spray back, but the spray cry alot sia, den any dumb dumb oso know something is done to the box liao.. sigh, guess all is heng or suay lo.. my workshop is jb at least do better job

↡ Advertisement