Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:42 AM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Does anyone notice the lights on the CTE tunnel is kinda dim than usual?? Been observing it for the past week during the night, only this certain section of the tunnel is dim. Thought they were carrying out maintenance work, but after nearly a week, remains dim than usual.

Izzit recession... so trying to save power?? sweatdrop.gif

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:56 AM

Nine_eleven
  • Premium member
    Nine_eleven
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i tot so too! i tot i was spending too much time in the KPE!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Does anyone notice the lights on the CTE tunnel is kinda dim than usual?? Been observing it for the past week during the night, only this certain section of the tunnel is dim. Thought they were carrying out maintenance work, but after nearly a week, remains dim than usual.

i think the dim lighting is to preserve your night vision..esp at night..

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:01 PM

Ronnchee
  • Premium member
    Ronnchee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Economy no good, govt needs to save on electricity. Besides Govt is not make enuff from COE.

Unless you want GST to be 10%, then CTE will be brightly lighted.

Edited by Ronnchee, 21 February 2009 - 12:03 PM.

I like to break, particularly records ...

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

Anakusop
  • Anakusop
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

yeah!! juz noticed it yesterday...

anw is the CTE ceiling black since last time or was it juz painted recently??

damn puzzling... confused.gif

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i think the dim lighting is to preserve your night vision..esp at night..

Maybe it is to ensure we do not get blinded by darkness once we exit the tunnel at night?

Going by this logic, then the tunnels should be brightly lit at daytime, and toned down when it gets dark?

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

Acerchan2002
  • Acerchan2002
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I second that,was passing by there yesterday,and felt kinda weird.I tot my eyes were playing trick on me.

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

To offset Hor Zhing's lose? lipsrsealed.gif
===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Maybe it is to ensure we do not get blinded by darkness once we exit the tunnel at night?

Going by this logic, then the tunnels should be brightly lit at daytime, and toned down when it gets dark?

Why do you think they have the stretch of orange lights when you enter the tunnels during the day???

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

Mikeyeo
  • Premium member
    Mikeyeo
    4th Gear
    Author Image

May I suggest that you sent an email to LTA and keep them posted. Who knows, they might not be aware at all. Also, ask them for a reply.

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

Route
  • Premium member
    Route
    5th Gear
    Author Image

and i thought i was just being too sensitive... lol

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Why do you think they have the stretch of orange lights when you enter the tunnels during the day???

Hmm, which tunnel got orange lights? Underpass I know have.

Whether it is tunnel or underpass, what I am wondering is whether two sets of lights are used: the bright ones during daytime (so that drivers do not get blinded by the sun when exiting the tunnel), and the dim ones at night (so that drivers can still see in the dark after exiting the tunnel).

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:04 AM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hmm, which tunnel got orange lights? Underpass I know have.

Whether it is tunnel or underpass, what I am wondering is whether two sets of lights are used: the bright ones during daytime (so that drivers do not get blinded by the sun when exiting the tunnel), and the dim ones at night (so that drivers can still see in the dark after exiting the tunnel).

CTE, KPE, they all have the orange lights. LTA is quite smart though. In areas where light gradually decreases, they don't use it.

They don't need to brighten the lights during the day as by nature of it being a tunnel, the brightness increases as you reach the end of the tunnel, and the eye's reaction to brighter "lights" is quick. On the other hand the eye's reaction to darkness is more gradual.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Good point you have there. Agree with you. thumbsup.gif

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Anyone noticed at night the streets in some areas tens to be darker now? Like the lights from street lamps are weaker? I observe that at some stretches of the SLE esp towards BKE. I notice that there are a lot of trees there so wondering if the leaves are blocking some of the light and hence the road seem darker.

But anyone else noticed this? Or am I too sensitive?

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone noticed at night the streets in some areas tens to be darker now? Like the lights from street lamps are weaker? I observe that at some stretches of the SLE esp towards BKE. I notice that there are a lot of trees there so wondering if the leaves are blocking some of the light and hence the road seem darker.

Maybe you are getting older and eye sight not as sharp as before? Nowadays if i drive at night, i find the street lights not as sharp as last time. Lol.

Philipkee praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe you are getting older and eye sight not as sharp as before? Nowadays if i drive at night, i find the street lights not as sharp as last time. Lol.

i was about to say that and it is true for people getting older  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

Locknload
  • Premium member
    Locknload
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i was about to say that and it is true for people getting older  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

agree as people grow older so do the trees, except that their leaves grow 'longer'  :D

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Confirmed due to ageing la. As we grow older, we really see things not as sharp and clear as before, even you are wearing your glasses esp at night.  [sweatdrop]  

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got no picture or video and which stretch of the expressway are you talking about? If you want to talk about such things you need to be specific. Else nobody will know what you are talking about.

Just like I tell you I just saw a very chio charbor. Got hair got eyes got nose got mouth. W/o a pic might as well don't mention at all.

Edited by Watwheels, 11 October 2017 - 03:06 PM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: lightings, tunnel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users