Dim lightings on CTE tunnel

Zxcvb

Does anyone notice the lights on the CTE tunnel is kinda dim than usual?? Been observing it for the past week during the night, only this certain section of the tunnel is dim. Thought they were carrying out maintenance work, but after nearly a week, remains dim than usual.

Izzit recession... so trying to save power?? [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Does anyone notice the lights on the CTE tunnel is kinda dim than usual?? Been observing it for the past week during the night, only this certain section of the tunnel is dim. Thought they were carrying out maintenance work, but after nearly a week, remains dim than usual.

i think the dim lighting is to preserve your night vision..esp at night..

Economy no good, govt needs to save on electricity. Besides Govt is not make enuff from COE.

Unless you want GST to be 10%, then CTE will be brightly lighted.

Edited by Ronnchee

i think the dim lighting is to preserve your night vision..esp at night..

Maybe it is to ensure we do not get blinded by darkness once we exit the tunnel at night?

Going by this logic, then the tunnels should be brightly lit at daytime, and toned down when it gets dark?

Maybe it is to ensure we do not get blinded by darkness once we exit the tunnel at night?

Going by this logic, then the tunnels should be brightly lit at daytime, and toned down when it gets dark?

Why do you think they have the stretch of orange lights when you enter the tunnels during the day???

May I suggest that you sent an email to LTA and keep them posted. Who knows, they might not be aware at all. Also, ask them for a reply.

Why do you think they have the stretch of orange lights when you enter the tunnels during the day???

Hmm, which tunnel got orange lights? Underpass I know have.

Whether it is tunnel or underpass, what I am wondering is whether two sets of lights are used: the bright ones during daytime (so that drivers do not get blinded by the sun when exiting the tunnel), and the dim ones at night (so that drivers can still see in the dark after exiting the tunnel).

Hmm, which tunnel got orange lights? Underpass I know have.

Whether it is tunnel or underpass, what I am wondering is whether two sets of lights are used: the bright ones during daytime (so that drivers do not get blinded by the sun when exiting the tunnel), and the dim ones at night (so that drivers can still see in the dark after exiting the tunnel).

CTE, KPE, they all have the orange lights. LTA is quite smart though. In areas where light gradually decreases, they don't use it.

They don't need to brighten the lights during the day as by nature of it being a tunnel, the brightness increases as you reach the end of the tunnel, and the eye's reaction to brighter "lights" is quick. On the other hand the eye's reaction to darkness is more gradual.

Anyone noticed at night the streets in some areas tens to be darker now? Like the lights from street lamps are weaker? I observe that at some stretches of the SLE esp towards BKE. I notice that there are a lot of trees there so wondering if the leaves are blocking some of the light and hence the road seem darker.

But anyone else noticed this? Or am I too sensitive?

Anyone noticed at night the streets in some areas tens to be darker now? Like the lights from street lamps are weaker? I observe that at some stretches of the SLE esp towards BKE. I notice that there are a lot of trees there so wondering if the leaves are blocking some of the light and hence the road seem darker.

But anyone else noticed this? Or am I too sensitive?

Maybe you are getting older and eye sight not as sharp as before? Nowadays if i drive at night, i find the street lights not as sharp as last time. Lol.

• Praise 1

Maybe you are getting older and eye sight not as sharp as before? Nowadays if i drive at night, i find the street lights not as sharp as last time. Lol.

i was about to say that and it is true for people getting older  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

i was about to say that and it is true for people getting older  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

agree as people grow older so do the trees, except that their leaves grow 'longer'  :D

↡ Advertisement