Mob manning

Jeronleow

why dont u fark all those reg back.

if not suppose to drive why no official notification ?

i been to LCK camp before for function, if dont drive there ? how to go in ? my budy from 42 during his active time tells me the bus timing there abit gone case type.

i think since being as NS Men they shld stop treating the soliders like recruits.

OT a bit.

I was involved in a NDP 16 years back, we were putting in so much efforts for the rehersals. Like, going back to this camp in Changi all the way from Jurong and back home after practices which totalled 10 - 12 Sundays! And it's a whole day affair . . . . [sweatdrop]

There was once when it rained and we were "forced" by the high handed WOs to march to the field in the rain. We were blasted for being slow and made to do "semulahs" (spelling tio boh?) . . . .KNNH! We "revolted" by booing them and run off to take cover . . . . . laugh until kar chng poom. [flowerface]

What's wrong with driving back to camp? KNNM! Treat us with more respect, we are defending this country you know?

Edited by Vroomtattat
↡ Advertisement

There's nothing wrong driving back to camp for mobilisation.....But all along during our mobilisation, we have never driven our cars into the camp compound....We would all park our cars at LCK cemetry and then walk over to LCK camp.....But knowing that we would likely be transported to Maju and dismissed from there, we did not want to park our cars at the cemetry overnight and then come back to collect our cars the next day......God knows what will happen to our cars.....

Anyway, before dismissing us from Maju, we were told there would be 1 or 2 shuttle buses catered to bring those who have parked their cars or bikes at LCK back there to collect their vehicles.....

Neutral Newbie

I dont know about your case but for us, we were well inform of such arrangement 1 week before, no such problem. You have not been kept in the loop.

Think the notif send out did mentioned not to drive there. But at such a inconvinent place, how can they expect the NSmen not to drive there. I believe those regulars like those major and encik as mentioned drove there too. There is always this problem about double standard in SAF. I think this issue should be feedback to them before the mobilisation end. Since they like to give timing like 2-4 hours to report, they should expect ppl to drive there. Since is about serving the country on a saturday and you need to report back to camp, should NsMen be allowed to claim taxi fare if they are not permitted to drive?

SAF is about regimentation in the past but i believe today, ppl will talk back to higher ranking personnel regardless of any issue.

Yup. Notification never indicate whether to drive or not, but detachment IC should have told ppl in their detachment not to drive.....Then again, last Sat was a silent mob, so it's M+8 hours to report, but nobody will report zun zun at 1am......

My unit usually will inform us where to park the cars should there be ICT or mob manning. Usually for that, TP will close one eyes. Also the fact that we sign and go off (not combat unit tho)

As for such situation, if the NSmen had never been told about the driving of car back to camp during mob, better give feedback to the camp. This is to further not to give any miscommunication to each other.

Pity the drivers who drove there and gotten the summon. The RSM there did not do a nicer job for everyone.

Yup. Notification never indicate whether to drive or not, but detachment IC should have told ppl in their detachment not to drive.....Then again, last Sat was a silent mob, so it's M+8 hours to report, but nobody will report zun zun at 1am......

If detachment IC also dunno, should scare the top level. If the detachment IC know but never inform, wallop e fellas [lipsrsealed] I mean, give a scolding [sweatdrop]

during my last mob, only advance party was given privilege to drive to Tanjong Gul camp...so can u imagine..those who are driving rushed to volunteer to be the advance party coz better to drive own car then take the chartered bus even if we have to wake up damm early.

is the country going to fall coz u cant drive ur car for reporting!?!?! haha

Edited by Babyt

Think the notif send out did mentioned not to drive there. But at such a inconvinent place, how can they expect the NSmen not to drive there. I believe those regulars like those major and encik as mentioned drove there too. There is always this problem about double standard in SAF. I think this issue should be feedback to them before the mobilisation end. Since they like to give timing like 2-4 hours to report, they should expect ppl to drive there. Since is about serving the country on a saturday and you need to report back to camp, should NsMen be allowed to claim taxi fare if they are not permitted to drive?

SAF is about regimentation in the past but i believe today, ppl will talk back to higher ranking personnel regardless of any issue.

like it or not,double standard is e norm in SAF. Remembered during my reservist day in pulau sotong, e whole company's men were left to weather e heavy downpour for e whole nite. n wheres e officers???. having hot kopi, under a canopy , of course [sleeping]

Neutral Newbie

I've got a mob coming up. The clerk called me to tell me if activated, what time it will usually be because I need to reach within 2 hrs, but he said he don't know which day. The previous activation was on a Saturday. I stay in Bedok and my camp is in Sungei Gedong. Nah beh, how to reach within 2 hrs if I'm in the office and need to go home and change and get the FBO? Don't tell me for all 10 days go to work in FBO?

BTW, they did give us a place near the camp to park and 3tonners will ferry us into the camp. But that place is a horrible mud pool if it rains, cos it's all barren and uneven soil land. Only comfort is, I drive a SUV. Lowered cars will have a big problem.

I think NSmen should have every right to drive there. There should not be such things as telling them not to drive there or nonsense like that. Mindef jolly know very well, NSmen were given limited time to report to some rather ulu located camp. If there's not enough parking area, then they should by hook or by crook get places for people to park. There should be no excuses.

Giving us money and tax breaks is one thing, but showing due respect for NSmen when they report is the most basic requirement.

Bro what u mean I dun get u leh. Care to elaborate?

Even the brigatte IC oso duno cannot drive he was the one whom I overheard complaining about the no notification of driving and he heard from LCK camp that every one including himself kena summoned thats why he was so unhappy and complaining non stop about being summoned while serving the nation. If I was ill-informed I believe even the brigatte IC is too and the 50+ car owners parked at the cemetary.

I've got a mob coming up. The clerk called me to tell me if activated, what time it will usually be because I need to reach within 2 hrs, but he said he don't know which day. The previous activation was on a Saturday. I stay in Bedok and my camp is in Sungei Gedong. Nah beh, how to reach within 2 hrs if I'm in the office and need to go home and change and get the FBO? Don't tell me for all 10 days go to work in FBO?

BTW, they did give us a place near the camp to park and 3tonners will ferry us into the camp. But that place is a horrible mud pool if it rains, cos it's all barren and uneven soil land. Only comfort is, I drive a SUV. Lowered cars will have a big problem.

Since when Sungei Gedong camp cannot drive in for mob manning activation? Chun boh?

Your mob manning start 17th march siboh?

like it or not,double standard is e norm in SAF. Remembered during my reservist day in pulau sotong, e whole company's men were left to weather e heavy downpour for e whole nite. n wheres e officers???. having hot kopi, under a canopy , of course [sleeping]

must complain mah......

during my reservist live firing, same thing happen only difference is extremely hot weather...

we were told by ICT RSM(regular) to get out of the training shed for the officers(NS) to use

we did get out.... but all of us KPKB so loudly that none of them dare to go in........ sit under some trees only... same as us

↡ Advertisement