Caltex Techron/PowerClean fuel additive

Esky

Neutral Newbie

Heard from an actual user that this fuel additive works better than other similar products in cleaning out carbon and/or sludge from the engine, and will give noticeable difference after using. Any bros here used it? What's the price like? Thnx! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Heard from an actual user that this fuel additive works better than other similar products in cleaning out carbon and/or sludge from the engine, and will give noticeable difference after using. Any bros here used it? What's the price like? Thnx! [thumbsup]

is it sold in spore? i have been searching but cannot find it.

Hi 'Esky', though I have never use this product, there are many other additive in the market. It is very difficult to say which is better. HOwever, it's good that you read up the specifications and compare with other brands.

As for me, I use 'OWS' additive as I am also using 'OWS' high performance engine oil with very low viscosity.

Neutral Newbie

I believe that over here, it's called PowerClean and not Techron, to differentiate it from the additive in the fuel, although it's the same thing.

Mikeyeo,

is OWS the same company producing the double iridium spark plugs? How's their fuel additive and engine oil, any good?

I think I saw in Caltex station before...but never really believe in this kinda additive.

If you really want to feel a diff...a good 100+ km blast up NSH at high speed (tacho @ 5,000rpm) and come back...you car will be silky smooth....

Sold in Frankel Caltex.

It's not Techron as labelled but PowerClean.

I wrote an email to them and they claimed it's the same as Techron.

I still have doubts. If you want Techron chemical which is PEA, just get Redline Fuel system cleaner or Amsoil PI.

Neutral Newbie

So, what's the price of Techron/PowerClean like? Which one among PC, RL FI Cleaner & AMSoil PI is more cost effective?

The benefits of fuel additives per se is subjective, some claim they work, some claim they don't. Their respective manufacturers of course want you to believe they work. You can try it and see if it works for you, but I don't recommend you add it to every other tank of petrol, maybe every 20-30k KMs.

i have never used a caltex products but fuel additives do they really work?

i have tried STP. really cannot feel anything. but its supposed to clean valves etc....so i just use it every 25,000km. harmless too.........