Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:30 PM

Ooniik
  • Ooniik
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Will be flying off to KK in June due to Tiger Airways promo... (pay only taxes).
Will be there for 6 days and 5 nites....

Appreciate if anyone can provide with ideas or interesting places to see, visit or do.

Some ideas in hand subject to confirmation.

1. Stay and play golf at Sutera Harbour...
2. Day trip to some island??

Many thanks in advance....

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

Lain
  • Lain
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

can climb the mt.....

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

Ooniik
  • Ooniik
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hehe... with young kids in tow, think I'll give it a miss .... mellow.gif

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:22 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You can go to any of their local tour agency and find out.

While I was there a couple of years ago I went for the river rafting or white water rafting. It's quite an adventure, I think your kids will love it. It takes half a day's of car ride and "roller coaster" train ride to reach the river start point. There are two guides on a raft to assist and guide all the way down river. At one point you can even "free fall"(you get to float down river with the current) down river.

Or you can go to relac at one of their hot springs which I went to after coming down from Mt KK. It's near Mt KK.

Just go to any of their local small tour agency in town. I looked for one run by the local Chinese so that there won't be communication error. They have lots of activity for you to choose, even go nearby island and stuff.IMO it's cheaper to book from there dan in sg. When I last went to Sabah I did not book anything except air tickets.

Edited by Watwheels, 27 February 2009 - 08:26 AM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:27 AM

Ooniik
  • Ooniik
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks bro... thumbsup.gif
Mind sharing which hotel you stayed at?

I might need to book hotels beforehand due to the holidays in June but will take up your offer on the local tour agencies there.......
Makes more sense or maybe I can call them up first from here....

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:37 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Haha... I stay at some motel cos my friends and I spent most of the time outside and even got one nite in the mountains while climbing Mt KK. I suggest you go to their more luxurious hotel since you have kids. I dunno about the hotels there, we just go there and anyhow hoot, see the place we liked and stayed there. laugh.gif Our bad habit lah cos we always look for centralized area with supermarket and eating place.

Dun rent a car to drive there. Their TP is no better dan up north's. They ambush near any car rental. Get hotel or tour agency to arrange transport. Taxis are also one kind, must bargain one.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

Ooniik
  • Ooniik
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

KK has got several nice resorts and hotels like nexus, shangrila tanjung aru, shangrila rasa ria and sutera harbour...
still sourcing around for good deals....

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

Cactus
  • Cactus
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I will be flying there in Apr...
Intend to rough it out with friends, do all the river rafting and cave exploration stuff.

May I ask, if I wana go Sandakan for the wildlife, how to go abt arranging it? From kk need internal flight over?
Also, is there any rafflesia flower there... been wanting to see one for a long time.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

Rainbatt
  • Rainbatt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Any eating places to recommend in KK?

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why it's called present.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Holiday, Tips, Sabah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users