How do you know if your car is hit by lightning ?

Vextan

in spore, struck by lightning is last thing u need to worry abt,

everywhere is tall building.

they tested in in Top Gear,

they deliberately sit in the car and car struck by man made lightning,

car nothing wrong and still able to drive off as long as u dun touch any

metal parts of the car when the lightning strikes.

noted, thanks for the sharing. so it is not safe to drive bare footed as the feet will come in contact with the pedals , wihch is definitely metal, right ?

noted, thanks for the sharing. so it is not safe to drive bare footed as the feet will come in contact with the pedals , wihch is definitely metal, right ?

im curious to know, do u drive in the first place?.... u mean u do not know the all those foot pedals has rubber on?? i've never seen a car with solid metal pedal ... perhaps ur already worn off but..........if metal pedal...,,, sure cause accident when shoes wet on a raining day....so slippery........ (btw, as for mine, i do attach the aftermarket "sport" type of alluminium pedal thou...) [laugh]

How do you know, if your car is struck by lightning during a heavy downpour ? will car just stall or will you fell anything, like being electrocuted ? Is it dangerous ?

Most likely the electronics in your car will be fried <- this should be the tell-tale sign.

How do you know, if your car is struck by lightning during a heavy downpour ? will car just stall or will you fell anything, like being electrocuted ? Is it dangerous ?

When you see a bright flash, feel a lot of heat, and then a bearded man comes over to your car and introduce himself as St Peter !! [angel]

Your foot pedal is padded with rubber too. If I am not wrong but bro you are worrying too much

i think the pedals are actually made of reinforced plastics... or at least the newer model cars.. ;)

When you see a bright flash, feel a lot of heat, and then a bearded man comes over to your car and introduce himself as St Peter !! [angel]

better than a man in a black holding a scythe and calling himself Death.

pratchett_death_in_discworld1.jpg

The only lightning you need to worry about here is this kind here in sg...hahahahaha

post-547-1235692627.jpg

Neutral Newbie

and when they strike...you wun know what hit you....hahaha

too late liao.....u could be cleaning the bars then..eating curry rice everymeal

back to topic...I feel the chance is very very very slim...unless ..your car is alone is a very wide open area...no other matter is taller than your ride...

Edited by Ah_dude

i was going to mention this. Such thing has been discussed for decades....and has been told many times that people in the car will be safe.

Bro

actually

When you see a bright flash, feel a lot of heat, and then a bearded man comes over to your car and introduce himself as ________ !!

The blank for you to fill in depending on your religion.

if i remember correctly, i read online that a car, similar to an aircraft, has to be properly grounded...else if struck by lightning, may cause an explosion due to the stored fuel..

IF memory didnt fail me.. [sleeping]

Neutral Newbie

Have you been watching Curious Case of Benjamin Button? [laugh]

Anyway you should be fine assuming you are not in contact with any conductors because the vehicle acts as a Faraday cage.

↡ Advertisement