• Reply to this topic
113 replies to this topic | 66 praises

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

Routine dental work

'I was shocked when I was billed $94 nett.'

MS NGIAM SENG MIN: 'I was shocked when I was billed $94 nett recently at NTUC Denticare for a routine check, scaling, polishing and fluoride application, all of which lasted only 12 minutes. And this was at membership rates too. How many people can afford this? NTUC Denticare's charges are as pricey as neighbourhood clinics.'

would it be cheaper to go to neighbour friendly dental clinic or NTUC denticare?

I am covered by insurance therefore not sure if Ms Ngiam issue is reflective of rising cost of dental care.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

insurance got cover these type of routine dental care one meh?

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

Snowbell
  • Premium member
    Snowbell
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

what is considered affordable rate for simple dental cleaning & polishing?
i remembered i kana carrot when i went to a neighbourhood dentist for the 1st time for cleaning & polishing paid more than $100.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Vinceyeo
  • Vinceyeo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I do mine at Jurong Medical Centre opposite Jurong Point and it only cost me 44 bucks to do scaling plus polishing. No discount or any rebate at all.
Mitsubishi Colt Version-R 2007 (CVT)
Toyota MRS 2009 (6MT)
Honda Euro R 2011 (6MT)
Lexus IS250 2013 (Auto)
Merc C200 2016 (Auto)

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Routine dental work

'I was shocked when I was billed $94 nett.'

MS NGIAM SENG MIN: 'I was shocked when I was billed $94 nett recently at NTUC Denticare for a routine check, scaling, polishing and fluoride application, all of which lasted only 12 minutes. And this was at membership rates too. How many people can afford this? NTUC Denticare's charges are as pricey as neighbourhood clinics.'

would it be cheaper to go to neighbour friendly dental clinic or NTUC denticare?

I am covered by insurance therefore not sure if Ms Ngiam issue is reflective of rising cost of dental care.

What kind of insurance is that so gilat?? Sure to loose money for them.
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I do mine at Parkway Parade NTUC denticare twice a year.

$46 dollars per visit.

Dr Robinson.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:42 PM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

i bought a hospitalisation and OPD plan from manulife

it seems I better continue with the insurance

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

must be a high class neighbour

I remember before I bought insurance i use to go to tanjong katong

about $50-65

sometimes I wondered if they find carries are there really carries

but we have to trust them

unfortunately there is no proof unless we go for a second opinion

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

it seems that your dental clinic charges the cheapest here so far for the basic treatment

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:48 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

$45 for me at Tah Chong Dental along Changi Road. Scaling and polishing too.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:48 PM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

i thought NTUC dentacare should have standard pricing at any place in singapore

there may be difference in the colgate polishing used

may be you got special discount with NTUC rebate care or some credit card promotion

I always thought parkway clinics are expensive just like their hair saloon upstairs

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

it is near the junction between changi road and telok kurau

thanks

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it is near the junction between changi road and telok kurau

thanks

Not exactly. It's near the Ubi CC basketball court.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

do you think dental care provided in hospitals are better than stand alone clinics

my family use to have annual dental check up at Adventist Hospital then we switch to stand-alone clinics

the cost was alot cheaper

but not sure if it means poorer material used etc

it is difficult to know the standard of the stand alone clinic

and most of us go by hearsay or recommendations

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i thought NTUC dentacare should have standard pricing at any place in singapore

there may be difference in the colgate polishing used

may be you got special discount with NTUC rebate care or some credit card promotion

I always thought parkway clinics are expensive just like their hair saloon upstairs

no. i got nothing.

i pay by Nets

but becos i go regularly, and i don't smoke nor eat sugary stuff, i floss daily + mouth wash. Dr Robinson always says cleaning my teeth is very fast.

maybe that explains why

Edited by Friendstar, 02 March 2009 - 01:08 PM.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

Application9999
anyone want to try a ''liu mong'' (gangster) dentist at AMK? I can't remember the block...but it near to AMK ave 10...A corner clinic open till midnight and sometime to 3am..................Polishing, cleaning and filling only cost you ~$30.....sometime he will say up to you to pay.....if you say $20...sometime he will say ok........ Don't believe Singapore still existing this kinda of health care service? YOU WILL BE SURPRISE......He don't even put on glove and wear face mask...he is like just like someone selling fish in the market....But he serve the lower income people like foreigner....and always long waiting time hor...

Edited by Application9999, 02 March 2009 - 01:26 PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
我不得空啦!!.....我不得空啦........你们很那个的.....我玩玩吧了.....不必ban (扁) 我嘛!!!!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I tot most dental clinic show their price at the counter and you are free to enquire before you go ahead. Price not right, dont do lor.
Life is short, Play hard!!
Practise makes perfect. If nobody is perfect, why practise?

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

Osiris
  • Premium member
    Osiris
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Does anyone knows if the fluoride application is necessary?
Cost like $20. Seems to me it's a gimmick to earn profit.
To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals

Mark Twain

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

drinking water got fluoride

toothpaste got fluoride

if you sneek in chewing gum into spore - those professional cleaning teeth ones have fluoride also

I am not dentist but I do understand that there are certain limit the humba body can tolerate fluoride after that limit it becomes toxic

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

Tantohheng
  • Tantohheng
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Why dont you do it at a poly clinic instead?
The pricing should be much much cheaper.

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users