Dental charges - is it too expensive

Hishercar

Routine dental work

'I was shocked when I was billed $94 nett.'

MS NGIAM SENG MIN: 'I was shocked when I was billed $94 nett recently at NTUC Denticare for a routine check, scaling, polishing and fluoride application, all of which lasted only 12 minutes. And this was at membership rates too. How many people can afford this? NTUC Denticare's charges are as pricey as neighbourhood clinics.'

would it be cheaper to go to neighbour friendly dental clinic or NTUC denticare?

I am covered by insurance therefore not sure if Ms Ngiam issue is reflective of rising cost of dental care.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

what is considered affordable rate for simple dental cleaning & polishing?

i remembered i kana carrot when i went to a neighbourhood dentist for the 1st time for cleaning & polishing paid more than $100.

Neutral Newbie

I do mine at Jurong Medical Centre opposite Jurong Point and it only cost me 44 bucks to do scaling plus polishing. No discount or any rebate at all.

Hypersonic

Routine dental work

'I was shocked when I was billed $94 nett.'

MS NGIAM SENG MIN: 'I was shocked when I was billed $94 nett recently at NTUC Denticare for a routine check, scaling, polishing and fluoride application, all of which lasted only 12 minutes. And this was at membership rates too. How many people can afford this? NTUC Denticare's charges are as pricey as neighbourhood clinics.'

would it be cheaper to go to neighbour friendly dental clinic or NTUC denticare?

I am covered by insurance therefore not sure if Ms Ngiam issue is reflective of rising cost of dental care.

What kind of insurance is that so gilat?? Sure to loose money for them.

must be a high class neighbour

I remember before I bought insurance i use to go to tanjong katong

about $50-65

sometimes I wondered if they find carries are there really carries

but we have to trust them

unfortunately there is no proof unless we go for a second opinion

i thought NTUC dentacare should have standard pricing at any place in singapore

there may be difference in the colgate polishing used

may be you got special discount with NTUC rebate care or some credit card promotion

I always thought parkway clinics are expensive just like their hair saloon upstairs

Hypersonic

it is near the junction between changi road and telok kurau

thanks

Not exactly. It's near the Ubi CC basketball court.

do you think dental care provided in hospitals are better than stand alone clinics

my family use to have annual dental check up at Adventist Hospital then we switch to stand-alone clinics

the cost was alot cheaper

but not sure if it means poorer material used etc

it is difficult to know the standard of the stand alone clinic

and most of us go by hearsay or recommendations

(edited)

i thought NTUC dentacare should have standard pricing at any place in singapore

there may be difference in the colgate polishing used

may be you got special discount with NTUC rebate care or some credit card promotion

I always thought parkway clinics are expensive just like their hair saloon upstairs

no. i got nothing.

i pay by Nets

but becos i go regularly, and i don't smoke nor eat sugary stuff, i floss daily + mouth wash. Dr Robinson always says cleaning my teeth is very fast.

maybe that explains why

Edited by Friendstar

(edited)

anyone want to try a ''liu mong'' (gangster) dentist at AMK? I can't remember the block...but it near to AMK ave 10...A corner clinic open till midnight and sometime to 3am..................Polishing, cleaning and filling only cost you ~$30.....sometime he will say up to you to pay.....if you say $20...sometime he will say ok........ Don't believe Singapore still existing this kinda of health care service? YOU WILL BE SURPRISE......He don't even put on glove and wear face mask...he is like just like someone selling fish in the market....But he serve the lower income people like foreigner....and always long waiting time hor...

Edited by Application9999

I tot most dental clinic show their price at the counter and you are free to enquire before you go ahead. Price not right, dont do lor.

Does anyone knows if the fluoride application is necessary?

Cost like $20. Seems to me it's a gimmick to earn profit.

↡ Advertisement