Search
unichip q

• Search this thread
48 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

Art
  • Art
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

andrew is a freelance tuner

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:50 AM

Thirt13n
  • Thirt13n
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hey bros, my ride is a swiss pork, just want to find out what's the significant difference between ecu reflash and piggyback ecu.

I believe for performance, a re-flashed ecu will be better as it doesn't rely on the piggyback so it doesn't need to adhere to fixed values?
The downside i'm guessing is that there is totally $0 re-sale value?

There's a guy in 1 of the forums posting this:
(2) unichipQ set
1x unichip Q
1x unclip module
It like 2 unichip going for $400 neg

I do not quite understand what he meant by unclip module and the claims of 2 unichip???
Is the value of $400 too expensive?

I would really appreciate the advice bros here can give me, thanks!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Tohwl
  • Tohwl
    Neutral Newbie

Hi all.

I driving a swift 1.5 auto. Been doing some "norm" upgrades like intake, pulley, electronic, kui toh etc. Now looking at tuning.
But i am super newbie to tuning... huh.gif (so gonna bomb a few queries below pirate.gif )

Was wondering wats the diff btw:
- Unichip
- Unichip Q
- Unichip Q+
- E-greddy blu
- E-greddy Ultimate (sooo ex...)
- ECU reflash
- new ECU(is there such a thing??)

I understand Unichip is the most popular locally but wy?? blink.gif
E-greddy seems pretty branded (is it?? sounds like...)

Recently been to a reknown dyno tuning shop in ubi, the boss told me based on my "minor" upgrades, I should be able to hit a 20HP increment... and /w extractor and pipes mod shud hit 30++HP increment... is that true?

Also, I was hoping to improve my FC cos its WAY WAY below my stock... bigcry.gif

Any pro can share some light here? THNX!!!
Inside story: simota carbon charger & CAI ducting, zuiko twin power, h-projett, ngk cable, brisk turbo plug, rpm lighten crank, d-spark coil, RRP filtermag, voilence at-drive / Farting: stock pipe, stock extractor, operated stock exhaust / Outer beauty: scrit spoiler, bcrew grille, body kit / On the ground: kyowa 17", KU-31 215/40/17, chamber nut, tomei coilovers, ultra-racing strut / Eyes: 6000K h4 head & pole light , 6000K HID h11 foglight, led door, pedal, room, boot light

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear

Hi all.

I driving a swift 1.5 auto. Been doing some "norm" upgrades like intake, pulley, electronic, kui toh etc. Now looking at tuning.
But i am super newbie to tuning... huh.gif (so gonna bomb a few queries below pirate.gif )

- Unichip
- Unichip Q
- Unichip Q+
- E-greddy blu
- ECU reflash

Recently been to a reknown dyno tuning shop in ubi, the boss told me based on my "minor" upgrades, I should be able to hit a 20HP increment... and /w extractor and pipes mod shud hit 30++HP increment... is that true?

Also, I was hoping to improve my FC cos its WAY WAY below my stock... bigcry.gif

hmm even with extractor and pipes, i don't think you can see an improvement like 20 to 30bhp.. most probably 5bhp or 10bhp if optimistic. More importantly is the torque curve la...tune it for flatter torque through bigger rpm range..gd enough for street driving.

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Tohwl
  • Tohwl
    Neutral Newbie

ar... then sorry... wats is torque?? unsure.gif i understand is the spinning of the engine axle... but wat exactly is its "layman" thing sweatdrop.gif
Wat will i feel if torque is increased?
THNX!! agn
Inside story: simota carbon charger & CAI ducting, zuiko twin power, h-projett, ngk cable, brisk turbo plug, rpm lighten crank, d-spark coil, RRP filtermag, voilence at-drive / Farting: stock pipe, stock extractor, operated stock exhaust / Outer beauty: scrit spoiler, bcrew grille, body kit / On the ground: kyowa 17", KU-31 215/40/17, chamber nut, tomei coilovers, ultra-racing strut / Eyes: 6000K h4 head & pole light , 6000K HID h11 foglight, led door, pedal, room, boot light

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

Thirt13n
  • Thirt13n
    Clutched

ar... then sorry... wats is torque?? unsure.gif i understand is the spinning of the engine axle... but wat exactly is its "layman" thing sweatdrop.gif
Wat will i feel if torque is increased?
THNX!! agn

layman term for torque is the pickup/acceleration of your car

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

Tohwl
  • Tohwl
    Neutral Newbie

hmm even with extractor and pipes, i don't think you can see an improvement like 20 to 30bhp.. most probably 5bhp or 10bhp if optimistic. More importantly is the torque curve la...tune it for flatter torque through bigger rpm range..gd enough for street driving.

So it means that instead of more torque on the low end, tune it to "spread out" that power throughout the entire pick up from low to high? rolleyes.gif

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

Ke_vin
  • Premium member
    Ke_vin
    Clutched

Hi all.

- Unichip
- Unichip Q
- Unichip Q+
- E-greddy blu
- ECU reflash

Go for basic set-up like you have now. Just go unichip will do. Mine just done dynotune by Dynotechnica.

UnichipQ is good enough.
EMU is going dead soon. Their software is too old and for sure can't get good tuner for that.
Some say you can tune by yourselves to become a tuner? Lol
ECU reflash only for your ride is ex also. No resale value just tunr for ur ride only.

For my advise go for licened tuner. Dynotechnica Benny Teo.

Dynorun it shown result. Before and after result. FC improve, better response and torque gain etc.

Road tune it shown nothing. Butt feel only. If tune too lean can cause damage to ur engine.

Edited by Ke_vin, 04 June 2012 - 10:08 PM.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Elmo
  • Premium member
    Elmo
    5th Gear

Go for basic set-up like you have now. Just go unichip will do. Mine just done dynotune by Dynotechnica.

UnichipQ is good enough.
EMU is going dead soon. Their software is too old and for sure can't get good tuner for that.
Some say you can tune by yourselves to become a tuner? Lol
ECU reflash only for your ride is ex also. No resale value just tunr for ur ride only.

For my advise go for licened tuner. Dynotechnica Benny Teo.

Dynorun it shown result. Before and after result. FC improve, better response and torque gain etc.

Road tune it shown nothing. Butt feel only. If tune too lean can cause damage to ur engine.

Benny's surname is Ng.
PSN ID: Havock3662

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top

Also tagged with these keywords: unichip q

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users