Dr Allan Ooi's Farewell Letter in Full

Piyopico

Maybe its not exactly appropriate to discuss this in the forums.. especially when there isn't much respect shown to the deceased despite the fact that nobody knows the full story..

Like a bit rude leh...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Lets talk about another case few years back about someone else who did the same as Dr. Ooi

The promising young man after clearing his study bond, realised the real working world is not his playground whereby he can manipulate and play his politics like he used to since young, then took up another bond to upgrade, graduated and started out to work at a higher post. Soon he realised there is still a higher mountain he couldn't defeat to have total control and power (in covering up mistakes), co-workers realised his tatics, superior 'demoted' whereby he was given unimportant tasks day in day out during the observation for his somewhat depression. Gradually, he couldn't accept the failure, gave up, huge CC bills, go AWOL and finally JUMP. Same.

The fight he has within himself is the denial of admitting and acceptance of mistakes and failures in life. He lost. So a loser.

Neutral Newbie

This doctor is very ingrateful, weak and selfish in committing suicide. He ends his suffering by a stroke of an act, but has he not thought that his parents are the ones who will reel in deep pain for the rest of their lives ? It is very very difficult to raise a child for twenty over years, and in the end he leaves them behind in excruciating pain. Does he deserve respect for this ? If yes, I think terrorists who are also dead deserves more, at least they dont seek to hurt their love ones. So many people who are more unfortunate than him still struggle to survive, and what is it that he cannot bear to live on with ? Work life as a doctor in SAF is stressful ? Most of us serve National Service and work in a career that is much less rewarding and much tougher, should we all have told our parents sorry and bye, jump off the Sheares Bridge, and demand sympathy and respect ? I think if he deserves respect after what he has done, it will send the wrong signal to the youth.

my job sucks...no chio girls with me...stuck in a corporate 9-5 job...maybe i should take the red pill and get out from the matrix

I used to be like you and after some searching I believe the problem lies in our appreciation of our own self worth

sometimes a stable job, good salary and a respectable job title is just not enough

we need to be a appreciated at work and being acknowledge that we are important and contributing to the organisation recognised by our colleagues and superiors

This is the most common problem

search yourself what is troubling you and you are only going to find a solution if you are really honest with yourself

I hope this helps

Mother Teresa on the other hand teaches that

your job has to bring you happiness and satisfaction and try not to expect anything in return

I guess this does not apply to every kind of job but if yours is then I hope it has been helpful

in the corporate world ... it is shark eat shark and that is why I left the corporate world

QUestion

Why do we have to show "respect" to a person just because the person is dead?

Should i be respecting Hitler? Sadam?

This question is not related to this thread but was inspired by comments of some posters...dont go all sensitive and emo

Neutral Newbie

i appreciate if you still to the rules and no personal attack

boy boy

Who started this name calling first? Boy boy? so you now my father?

Neutral Newbie

is that a threat

I am so very frightened

for your information

most people as in NOT all who does these forum things are often have plenty of time or nothing better to do

so boy boy which do you below to

Well, I need not for you to be frighten, because you're so far away.

I belong to a group who make dimsums for a living.

Neutral Newbie

got read article abt 13yrs becoming father anot, so whether u can make anyone pregnant don't make u an adult... actually by that last statement of yours u help us conclude u r really a boy boy (whether biologically or mentally)

can the Mode do something about this troll, all 7 out of 7 post that It has made so far has been agressive. [thumbsdown]

Cannot fight with words, don't come out using the heavy guns.

Your other nick NOCAR?

Neutral Newbie

QUestion

Why do we have to show "respect" to a person just because the person is dead?

Should i be respecting Hitler? Sadam?

This question is not related to this thread but was inspired by comments of some posters...dont go all sensitive and emo

Yes, give one good reason which is not able to.

thanks for sharing!

I'm someone who used to dislike my previous job almost to the point of depression, and I do agree with you whole-heartedly about the sense of self-worth.

Cannot fight with words, don't come out using the heavy guns.

Your other nick NOCAR?

ur other nick BOLIAO? [lipsrsealed]

Haha. eh try provoking me leh

its fun

"Provoke"? I am terribly saddend by the fact that you still do not know how Ahgong wolve rolls...

It's not my style man ....and it's not how i roll dude.. Provocation is so yesterday .... [smallcry]

because there are many things we do not know just before the point of death

for one he may have realised it is wrong but how to freeze time or turn back the clock

there are a lot of incomplete and untrue information

eg the chinese newspaper blanking out the SAF thing and trying to get us to think it is something about love affair

↡ Advertisement