Anti-Theft Steering Wheel Lock

Clarence07

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Just want to get some expert opinion on the necessity to get an anti-theft steering wheel lock if I am driving parking at City Square in JB.

If yes, anyone knows where to get one? Any recommended model/brand? What is the avearge price range?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hi All,

Just want to get some expert opinion on the necessity to get an anti-theft steering wheel lock if I am driving parking at City Square in JB.

If yes, anyone knows where to get one? Any recommended model/brand? What is the avearge price range?

Thanks

steering wheel lock will not prevent your car from being stolen..it only serve as a deterrent..nevertheless, it's good to have..price range from 20-40 bucks..most car accessories show carries it..and buy those which lock your steering wheel to the brake pedal..

Steering lock is just a deterernt. A minor nuisance to the those guys who are part of an organzied crime.

The more effective lock is the brake lock. The type then can locked up the brake for auto cars. Then again this is not 100% becos those guys can in tow truck so remember to park ya car head first, not reverse park.

Neutral Newbie

Steering lock is just a deterernt. A minor nuisance to the those guys who are part of an organzied crime.

The more effective lock is the brake lock. The type then can locked up the brake for auto cars. Then again this is not 100% becos those guys can in tow truck so remember to park ya car head first, not reverse park.

another type that i have found to be useful is the type that covers up the horn/center area of the steering. this is supposed to prevent the car thief from removing the steering if one has a steering lock that connects with the brake pedal, or those type that has the bar resting on the dashboard. so, i ended up getting both different steering locks; one that cover the horn/center area & one that locks up the brake pedal [:(]

however, if car thiefs really want to steal a car, no steering locks in the market could stop them... because these professional thiefs will have all the right tools, and to them, it must be a car worth jacking.

Hi All,

Thanks

thought city square is one of the more safe shopping malls in JB?

Neutral Newbie

however, if car thiefs really want to steal a car, no steering locks in the market could stop them... because these professional thiefs will have all the right tools, and to them, it must be a car worth jacking.

Agree. Unless yours is new or luxurious ride that is worth good $, otherwise could be just wasting your money in getting the lock.

Turbocharged

mine is one long piece that lock the steering wheel to the brake...

Neutral Newbie

Hello, I'm a first-time car owner (car to be delivered) and would like to safeguard my car from thief.

Based on the few articles posted, there are a few types of devices:

1) Wheel Lock

2) Brake Lock

3) Lock that covers centre/horn

4) Baseball type of Lock

There are both pros and cons for each. In summary, which one is the most effective and also most visible (as in people can see when they pass by your car)?

What about car alarm system if there is a break-in?

Any experts care to comment?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Thanks

That device will only be a deterrent.

They can still tow your car away.

And in a number of countries, what they do thereafter is to saw off your steering wheel at 2 points to remove the lock and replace the steering wheel.

Wallah! Gone in 60 seconds.

Hi All,

Thanks

You can always refer to the Road Trips forum, especially the sticky ones to get some tips. This topic has been discussed many times.

Regards,

Hi All,

Thanks

and what car are you driving?

Neutral Newbie

City Square in JB not safe after all, all my shopping in the boot was swipe away clean. Check with Security,no cameras in operation expect entrance & exits only.Very Suay.

City Square in JB not safe after all, all my shopping in the boot was swipe away clean. Check with Security,no cameras in operation expect entrance & exits only.Very Suay.

How did it happened? They pry open the boot?

↡ Advertisement