Vietnam Coffee

Newbie_driver

has anyone tried vietnam coffee before, for e.g. the G7 brand? is it good in terms of taste and aroma?

anyone knows where to get vietnam coffee?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Not sure if this is the cheapest but Liang Court has a Viet coffee shop (think 2nd floor). They sell coffee, viet coffee and also viet instant coffee if you don't want to drink there. [nosebleed] but pricey.

While you are there, go for lunch/dinner at Shin Yeh, a Taiwanese restaurant just beside the Viet kopi. [thumbsup]

has anyone tried vietnam coffee before, for e.g. the G7 brand? is it good in terms of taste and aroma?

i got a box from vietnam.... for me i think not so nice... dunno how to describe to taste. you want to try?

if you live near east i can give you a box foc to try cause i dun really like it

post-2682-1237529018_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ngck

Not sure if this is the cheapest but Liang Court has a Viet coffee shop (think 2nd floor). They sell coffee, viet coffee and also viet instant coffee if you don't want to drink there. [nosebleed] but pricey.

While you are there, go for lunch/dinner at Shin Yeh, a Taiwanese restaurant just beside the Viet kopi. [thumbsup]

just search the web and saw some store are selling it online, the price seems reasonable....

you gotta drink the authentic one by the roads of vietnam!

ive been there and tasted their kopi, )@&@)*&@)*&)@_@ NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't know if theres a secret ingrediant or what, but the road stalls and cafes taste so much different

i got a box from vietnam.... for me i think not so nice... dunno how to describe to taste. you want to try?

if you live near east i can give you a box foc to try cause i dun really like it

i dun live near east but thanks for the offer... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

fly to HCM to drink drip coffee ..... sit at the road side smoke and drink coffee and watch the day pass by is a enjoyment where you don't find in Sillypore

I have tried and will always buy the G7 coffee whenever I go Viet. The smell is very very nice but the taste is not so strong. Its either you make only half cup or put 2 packets into a cup.

fly to HCM to drink drip coffee ..... sit at the road side smoke and drink coffee and watch the day pass by is a enjoyment where you don't find in Sillypore

[laugh][laugh] ....... that is too luxurious for me..... fly all the way to HCM just to drink coffee........ [:p]

i don't know if theres a secret ingrediant or what, but the road stalls and cafes taste so much different

hot coffee not so nice..... ice coffee is very nice

Turbocharged

That kopi "shop" in Liang Court sells Viet drip coffee too. [thumbsup] if you like your coffee thick with condensed milk.

But traffic out from carpark on Sat night sucks. Stuck in the carpark and outgoing road for 25 min before I hit River Valley Road. By the time I hit RV Rd, my friend already almost reaching Simei in his cab already. [furious]

Vietnam coffee is actually one of the lowest grades of coffee in the world. The reason why we find it nice is because they use a huge amount of condensed milk and there is the unique attraction of having your coffee drip down into your cup in front of you.

Neutral Newbie

vietnamese coffee is somewhat an acquired taste.

for ppl used to local kopi or gourmet coffee fr cafes, vietnamese coffee may not be their cup of coffee [;)]

anyway there's at least 2 non-official online distributors of G7 coffee in spore, other than the retailer at liang court.

Neutral Newbie

Bought Filtering gadget with the Coffee Power from Vietnam.

1st Try ... [shakehead][shakehead][confused]

2nd try ... [shakehead]

3rd try [:)]

Now ... Song Song kao Jurong.

Edited by NipponJohn

Neutral Newbie

you know why it tastes so good? Vietnam coffee is also known as :

Weasel s--t Coffee

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Defecated luwak coffee berries, East Java

Kopi Luwak (pronounced [ˈkopi ˈluwak]) or Civet coffee is coffee made from coffee berries which have been eaten by and passed through the digestive tract of the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus). The civets eat the berries, but the beans inside pass through their system undigested. Vietnam has a similar type of coffee, called weasel coffee, which is made from coffee berries which have been regurgitated by local weasels. In actuality the "weasel" is just the local version of the Asian Palm Civet.

I heard they put Civet cat Shi.t in the coffee

↡ Advertisement