Peugeot 308 CC

Jerms

Just saw a new 308CC otr today.. quite nice actually... anybody know how much isit going for? [sly]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

tried to do a search on the 308cc. could not find any discussion exclusively on the 308cc, recently i saw from the newspaper and the puegeot offical website, the power was boosted to 156 bhp and mated to a new 6 spd auto transmition. Sgcarmart website did not update on it though. Anybody has driven it? Any reviews or any issue with its reliability?

Just saw a new 308CC otr today.. quite nice actually... anybody know how much isit going for? [sly]

1.6 Turbo (A)

Current price $145,900

Price decreased by $6,000 on

22 Apr 2010. View full price history

Installment $1,401/mth

Depreciation $12,825 /year

COE quota premium $30,000

Road tax $742 /year

OMV $35,300

Total basic cost $110,800

Premium 32%

Previous recorded price $151,900

Highest recorded price $151,900 (past 6 mths)

Lowest recorded price $135,900 (past 6 mths)

View full price history

for that price i rather go for a GTI

my block has 1 always parked below, orange in color. cant fail to drool at it everytime i walk pass >.<

Open the four windows in the GTI, also feels the wind in the hair feeling.

No need to get a comvertible.

Convert I think is good for those who drives most in the evening and night.

Else day time most convert are like normal cars.

I own a 308t hatch, have tested the 308cc 6 speed auto.

The 6 speed allows the car to be in the right gear and right engine speed, thus it doesn't feel laggy unlike the old 4 speed. Certainly mates to the engine better.

In terms of reliability, the oldest 308 in the Peugeot club should be approaching 2 years. All of us have no major problems - car doesn't break down, gearbox doesn't get stuck or whatsoever. Certainly very reliable if u ask me.

i must say i was mightily impressed when i sat in the showroom unit of the 308SW....

it has a spacious interior and a really well built interior...

but am waiting for the 1.6Turbo 156bhp 6AT engine to come though....

Supercharged

haha, dun like dat. GTI for enthuasiastic drivers where performance is main issue. in fact i tink GTI overpriced. The 1.4 TSI Sport lose out only on 30hp but you save lots of $$$ (not to mention cheaper road tax). And design wise, GTI nothing to shout about and made worse when VW designs nowadays all look the same in front, just the body shape different. Just look at Golf, Polo, new Touran, new Sharan, new Touareg....all same same....yawn.....

308CC defintely a looker and the 1.6 turbo giving 2.0L performance is good enough for many drivers also (how fast u want to drive in singapore?). BUT truth be told i tink covertibles not practical in singapore. i have a sunroof and after playing one or two times, never open anymore haha...mostly just a wow factor to impress the girls..

different things important to different ppl.

Turbocharged

haha, dun like dat. GTI for enthuasiastic drivers where performance is main issue. in fact i tink GTI overpriced. The 1.4 TSI Sport lose out only on 30hp but you save lots of $$$ (not to mention cheaper road tax). And design wise, GTI nothing to shout about and made worse when VW designs nowadays all look the same in front, just the body shape different. Just look at Golf, Polo, new Touran, new Sharan, new Touareg....all same same....yawn.....

308CC defintely a looker and the 1.6 turbo giving 2.0L performance is good enough for many drivers also (how fast u want to drive in singapore?). BUT truth be told i tink covertibles not practical in singapore. i have a sunroof and after playing one or two times, never open anymore haha...mostly just a wow factor to impress the girls..

GTI driver will tell you, GT Sports is dry clutch, limited in tunning while GTI is wet Clutch more moddeable.

at least this was the arguement ppl give when they ask STI on EVO. [laugh]

Every Cars in singapore is over price,come to think of it almost everything is overprice

GTI driver will tell you, GT Sports is dry clutch, limited in tunning while GTI is wet Clutch more moddeable.

at least this was the arguement ppl give when they ask STI on EVO. [laugh]

when u getting ur TSI ?

Neutral Newbie

definitely agree that it is damn chio. i have never driven a gti before so i duno how it feels but a gti is slightly more ex den 308cc by abt 10k as seen from sgcarmart. haha but both cannot afford la

1.6 Turbo (A)

Current price $145,900

Price decreased by $6,000 on

22 Apr 2010. View full price history

Installment $1,401/mth

Depreciation $12,825 /year

COE quota premium $30,000

Road tax $742 /year

OMV $35,300

Total basic cost $110,800

Premium 32%

Previous recorded price $151,900

Highest recorded price $151,900 (past 6 mths)

Lowest recorded price $135,900 (past 6 mths)

View full price history

[:)] Thanks for your information provided.

test drove it before.. not bad a ride. with this car, its more for the looks than the drive lah.

The exterior is good, but the interior.. kinda plasticky for me.

In terms of reliability, the oldest 308 in the Peugeot club should be approaching 2 years. All of us have no major problems - car doesn't break down, gearbox doesn't get stuck or whatsoever. Certainly very reliable if u ask me.

Do check whether they change the ATF in their maintenance schedule...

I drove a 206 for more than 5 years when the gearbox broke. The guy told me that they will "try" to change the ATF. I felt this was strange and asked why this would help. I then found out that they never changed the ATF at all after more than 5 years - I was shocked. When I questioned this, the guy said that Peugeot never asked them to change the ATF fluid. <_<

Servicing at the agent really isn't cheap, and I had sent my car there for more than 5 years. Really didn't expect this. It was my second and last French car... :angry:

308CC is quite a looker.

For that price tag, it is a reasonable convertible ride.

heard they are changing from 4AT to 6AT and TC it?

the problem is the maker really make it a looker but forgotten about reliability which all car buyers are looking at.

308CC is quite a looker.

For that price tag, it is a reasonable convertible ride.

heard they are changing from 4AT to 6AT and TC it?

the problem is the maker really make it a looker but forgotten about reliability which all car buyers are looking at.

The transmission has been updated to the 6-SPEED AUTO for a month or so already. Turbocharged engine has been around since 308 was launched in 2007, and it shares the SAME engine as the Mini Cooper.

For the guy who serviced his 206 at AF until the car was more than 5 years old, you should have searched the internet about outside workshops? We have experts outside AF who can diagnose and repair Peugeot/Citroen/Renault cars, some of them used to work in the AD's service centre and can sometimes diagnose a problem which the AD can't. Go to the respective forums to find out what and where are the workshops. And of course it will be expensive servicing at the AD. Even KAH MOTORS charge a bomb for servicing of Hondas which is actually more than what Volkswagen charges. Not many will actually go back to AD for servicing after the warranty period, unless you are 1) loaded 2) driving a rarity like a Rolls Royce or 3) want to have a peace of mind (which you did not even get after visiting the AD). I believe that whatever car you own, talk to fellow owners to understand your car better and learn to properly maintain the car.

And RELIABILITY? Now don't tell me you haven't heard of how some of the ppl at the Volkswagen camp are having problems DSG gearboxes, windows winding down itself in the middle of the night and car just stalling fresh from collection... No matter which car you buy, there are bound to be LEMONS (1 in a few thousand)... Heard about the Suzuki owner who parked his lemon car outside Borneo Motors with valid parking coupons, just to tell the whole world that he has a lemon car (through a banner) and Inchap Motors (a subsidiary of BM) doesn't want to assist?

For Peugeots, the 7-series tend to be a bit more problematic. But the 8-series, i.e. 308, 308SW, 308CC, 3008 SUV, 5008 MPV should be reliable. 308s are proving reliable in SG and Malaysia already - haven't heard of any 308 giving problems or breaking down other than flat batteries.

I'm speaking from being an owner of a 1 year 3 months old 308 turbo and have covered 29,000km, driven long-distance to Malaysia 4 times and taken the car to Pasir Gudang.

Still unsure? Get that Toyota.

↡ Advertisement