• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
204 replies to this topic | 665 praises

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Orbi good....we should do this more....and let these inconsiderate a$$es learn their lesson

This Urban Jungle
Posted on 23 Mar, 2009 14:21
"I chope seats with tissue paper but woman and friend take them"

STOMPer Choppy alleges that this woman and her male friend took up seats which the STOMPer ¡®choped¡¯ with tissue paper at the Marina Square food court, even though they were told that the seats were taken later on.

In an email to STOMP today (Mar 23), the STOMPer wrote:

¡°I have a bad encounter with this woman and her male friend during lunchtime at Marina Square food court.

¡°I know that there are two different camps on the issue of ¡®choping¡¯ seats using tissue paper.

¡°I belong to the ¡®local¡¯ team (agreeing to use tissue paper) as this has been the culture in Singapore for many years.

¡°During the usual lunchtime crowd, it is not uncommon to see the empty tables being reserved by packets of tissue paper. Likewise, I did so by putting two packets there and went on to buy my lunch.

When I came back, this woman and a guy were sitting on my table.

¡°I told him politely that the seats were taken.

¡°He was not appalled but went on to retaliate that it was only occupied by twp packets of tissue paper.

¡°In a calm mode, I remarked that he was rude. He went on to comment that we were discourteous instead.

¡°Not wanting to prolong the argument, I stopped by saying ¡®never mind¡¯.

¡°He went on to tell his friend that he read about this issue in the papers and internet and how much he disagreed with those in the ¡®local¡¯ camp.

¡°Subsequently, after lamenting for a good five minutes, he shut his mouth and went on his own to grab his lunch.

¡°My female companion came along and took the seat beside the lady but this lady had the cheek to tell her that the seats were all taken.

¡°I told her bluntly that I have warned her about the taken seats prior to this. She went on to argue that we were wrong.

The STOMPer added that both parties snapped pictures of each other.

The STOMPer also claimed that this woman walked off after the STOMPer and his friend continued to ignore whilst they were having their lunch.

¡°But before she left, she continued her grumblings and lamented how ashamed she felt being a Singaporean. I was polite and only bade her goodbye.

¡°I would like to clarify that there are no rights or wrongs in this issue.

¡°However, having live in and knowing about this culture, I have learnt to embrace it. As mentioned earlier, it is not uncommon to see such sights.¡±

Attached Thumbnails

• pwned.jpg

Edited by RadX, 25 March 2009 - 01:28 PM.

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Side profile, chiobu got nice cheekbones...high

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I did it before, on a few separate occasions. Once was at Ikea, the others at coffee shop/hawker centre/market. But I didn't keep the tissue paper packets. I simply pushed them to the middle of the table.

Edited by Urns, 25 March 2009 - 01:30 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I did it before, on a few separate occasions. Once was at Ikea, the others at coffee shop/hawker centre/market.

Good....Cannot stand this kind of behavior.....as they say, uniquely Singapore

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Side profile, chiobu got nice cheekbones...high

High cheekbones mean the lady is fierce! Better to get a short forehead one. Hoho!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahahah...short forehead means wat ah....less blain?? lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I did it before, on a few separate occasions. Once was at Ikea, the others at coffee shop/hawker centre/market. But I didn't keep the tissue paper packets. I simply pushed them to the middle of the table.

Well done. thumbsup.gif

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hahahah...short forehead means wat ah....less blain?? lipsrsealed.gif

I didn't say that. Anyway my last ex gf has high cheekbones and my first ex has a short forehead but I still prefer the former. More command and control. Hahahaha.. Whoops! lipsrsealed.gif

Edited by Urns, 25 March 2009 - 01:38 PM.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Well done. thumbsup.gif

Do you know that Singaporeans actually bring this habit overseas? I have seen ppl do this before when I was in one of the food courts in HK, if I remembered correctly it's the Food Republic Kopitiam at City Gate Shopping Centre beside the Golden Buddha one.. And I'm sure in many places around the world as well!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes. I saw that in Food Republic in KL.

How I know they were from s'pore...cos after they got back, they were talking loudly that how KL is so backward....only have 1 Food Republic recently...unlike in s'pore...many outlet for years.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I remember from the last discussion we were supposed to have a tour of the shenton way food courts and to collect those and distribute to the uncle/aunty who sell them....

Urns, start le.....you organise...ahhahaha

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I don't dare to show my face, later Ahgongwolve is gonna suan me again.. Saying I'm young/arrogant punk and overworked/underpaid engineer. Or Gen Y in short.. Hahahaha..

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Ahgongwolve
  • Ahgongwolve
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I don't dare to show my face, later Ahgongwolve is gonna suan me again.. Saying I'm young/arrogant punk and overworked/underpaid engineer. Or Gen Y in short.. Hahahaha..

Eh come out from hiding... good ...hope you learnt your lesson
bwhahahaha
Refer to signature Law

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

What lesson? I'm innocent!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Actually yup I've learnt 1 lesson, but not from you. It's from TP.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

Ahgongwolve
  • Ahgongwolve
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually yup I've learnt 1 lesson, but not from you. It's from TP.

It's okay all the kor kor here see that you boy boy kena jialat now better behave...
Refer to signature Law

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

It's okay all the kor kor here see that you boy boy kena jialat now better behave...

There are many kors kors in here but you are definitely not one of them, you're just an over-aged clown to say the least.. But then without this old and stinko clown, there won't be so much fun in this forum so cheers to you!!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

High cheekbones mean the lady is fierce! Better to get a short forehead one. Hoho!

I like lady to be fierce....when they in bed. sly.gif
Life is short, Play hard!!
Practise makes perfect. If nobody is perfect, why practise?

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

during peak hours need to poo and no tissue...just grab it from the table!! haha

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

However your providing so much fun and laughter in here does not equate to earning you respect. There are many guys in this forum who have earned my respect by providing sound advice which is why I am still here but as for you I treat you as a clown, so pls continue to entertain me but don't talk about teaching me a lesson. You have no right to say that. Cheers!

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Hurrah, this, person, Tissue and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users