$500,000 pay for New Creation Church employee

Idwish

can i start a MCF New Created Church......I only take salary of $250,000 [thumbsup][thumbsup] . i promise not to buy condo and drive fast car [smash][smash][smash][smash]

I be your partner, I take half ur pay can liao.

↡ Advertisement

The best money making industry are those that offer hope : Education/Training (hope to get good jobs) , investments (hope to make more money from money), marketing (hope to get more sales), Lottery (hope to strike rich) etc...and of course religious stuff (hope to be near God and get their prayers answered).

As long you are in the Hope business, you will earn hell lots. People are willing to pay a lot to buy Hope.

Yeah... look at how well MLMs recruitments are nowadays with the gloomy economy. [grin]

I be your partner, I take half ur pay can liao.

I shall be the auditor, how would you like it to be reported?

Neutral Newbie

I don't think that is a fair or politically correct statement from a church.

i tot the main pillar is god himself?

Supercharged

i tot the main pillar is god himself?

now u know how these mega 'churches' works.. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Tkseah

Nope, as long as the church management agree to let the $ in certain way, there is no way the authority can do anyting. They can onli ensure that there r not dodgy entries / omission from the account books of the church.

IIRC, in the aftermath of the charities scandals, govt requested all NPO to have separate individuals leading the board and executive arm. And NCC was one of those raising issue. I hope they have fully complied with the new regulation to avoid any talk of dogginess.

question is does the church goer know that it is 500K...

Agree, I'm sure many pple donated to old-NKF thinking things will be in check but were astounded and stopped donating when the painful revelation came to light.

How many hours of hard work have to be put in by donors to raise this $500k? Another point to contend is, do pastors do their job for the love of the job or is the monetary transaction a key consideration? Would they still do what they do if paid an amount that's just reasonably enough to let them function normally?

We have to remember that funds that go into morally-binding organisations are different from that of pte ltd, as funds mostly come from DONORS for the MAIN objective of helping others, in this case, the church. I'm sure donors are not expecting so much of their funds to go into helping the pastor instead.

Pls see this: Asiaone link

"They gave from their hearts

By Joy Fang

THEY came, they listened and they contributed.

The 22,000-strong congregation rallied when their senior pastor, Pastor Joseph Prince, 45, asked them for help in funding the construction of their premises in the Integrated Hub, during a special service held on Feb 15."

Edited by Invigorated

maybe their god is $$$ <_<

This is not far from the truth, churches like City Harvest and New Creation are amongst a relatively new breed of churches, politically correct term is "evangelical" or "charismatic", the "not-so-nice" term is "health and wealth" church.

Basically what the basic premise of their message is " You give to the church and God will reward you". Could be 2x your donation, 10x....whatever God deems fit....which of course is b-------t, but people will buy into this, cos it's money we're talking about, and who doesn't want more of it?

The consistency of this message is to be seen to be believed, I attended the New Creation church for a while, more out of boredom as it is a pretty entertaining service, and the people who attend are by and large, pretty nice people, they've just been suckered in by the lights, the sounds and of course, prince's charisma, he's a pretty funny guy!

But if you ask anyone from those churches, to quote a verse from the Bible, they will unerringly quote : Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

And the church will bolster this with messages of servitude and how that all adds up to prospering you, and one of the ways to serve is to give and money is a good gift.

I still remember the ex-owner of Ken Air, who was a member of New Creation, after his business went bust, he still quoted this verse plus an additional : "My God will not fail me". He was talking about money, but he didn't realise that God doesn't care about money, He cares more about your soul and the life you lead here on earth.

It's only people like prince (and where the f do you get a surname like prince, unless you're a rockstar?) and the city harvest charlatans who've successfully turned the focus on money and how to make a lot of it!