$500,000 pay for New Creation Church employee

Idwish

careful bros.. sensitive threads is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering...and subsequently leads to a Warning block :P

heh heh

Disclaimer: i don't belong to any religion/s mentioned here hor.. i idolise Cai Shen Ye :P

Edited by Mage
↡ Advertisement

So u're saying the church is using his business consulting services? Hmmm... interesting piece of news, can u let us know more or PM me.

i am just curious to know how much the church pay for external consulting services (if any) and to which company...

unfortunately, i dont have access to these info...

cheers,

tanlee.

i'm sure most of them will know if they stay awake at the AGM or bother to read the AGM report.

oh, i dont know that was mentioned during AGM... in other club/society, they only mentioned $xx amt for yy staffs...

thanks.

careful bros.. sensitive threads is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering...and subsequently leads to a Warning block :P

heh heh

Disclaimer: i don't belong to any religion/s mentioned here hor.. i idolise Cai Shen Ye :P

You don't know the POWER of the Dark side . . . . *shhhhhhh*

Suckers [lipsrsealed] ....................... hahahaha

Another one making good money from religious business....

$500,000 pay for New Creation Church employee

THE New Creation Church, which made headlines for raising $19 million on one Sunday last month for its upcoming multi-million dollar building, pays good money to its staff too.

The independent church paid one employee between $500,001 and $550,000 in its last financial year, checks by The Straits Times showed.

The church did not confirm if the amount went to its leader, Senior Pastor Joseph Prince, but told The Straits Times that its policy is to 'recognise and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church's growth and revenue'.

I don't think that is a fair or politically correct statement from a church.

You are right. The main pillar for any church is the Ressurrected Christ.

Put a human being as pillar, you are going to see a great fall!

As long as no New Creation Church go-ers KPKB (esp. those who contributed $$$), then all ok lor.

We 外人 have no right to interfere. It's an "independent church" (quoting the article).

yeah... the worshippers skulls are so thick.... they wouldn't mind abit at all....

People could have made sacrifices to become pastors in the first place.

With 500k pay? You call that a sacrifice?

"Take your cross and follow me." said Christ.

You see taking 500k pay as taking up the cross? The emblem of suffering?

This is not far from the truth, churches like City Harvest and New Creation are amongst a relatively new breed of churches, politically correct term is "evangelical" or "charismatic", the "not-so-nice" term is "health and wealth" church.

I think the proper term is 'prosperity gospel'. Pastor in the USA is more gilat to have own airplane.

now u know how these mega 'churches' works.. [sweatdrop]

you put large amounts of money into hands of people who do not own them... sooner or later they will have funny ideas...

temples, churches, etc big and small. i have heard true incidents before from insiders.

no matter how religious or honest they may seem.....

With 500k pay? You call that a sacrifice?

"Take your cross and follow me." said Christ.

You see taking 500k pay as taking up the cross? The emblem of suffering?

time to nail the 500k man to the cross so he can suffer for us? Not just enjoy for us ok? [whip]

People could have made sacrifices to become pastors in the first place.

For that kind of $$$$$. all types of sacrifices is worth it. Anyway pastor dun need to shave bald, become veggie n most impt of all, dun need to abstain from ***.

time to nail the 500k man to the cross so he can suffer for us? Not just enjoy for us ok? [whip]

Zhap zhee! You don't suffer for other people. In fact the real suffering is already taken by someone greater.

Your suffering is more like the suffering from following Christ's footsteps. To give but get spat at in return.

If you followed up to shepherding and expect a pat on the back by church with 500k for your sacrifices, it is so wrong.

some of these independent churches preach that "wealth is good" and that "God bless the faithful through wealth"

some of these churches are run like money making organizations preparing a "concert" style worship. they have so many ushers and run like a well run mafia. [shocked]

Neutral Newbie

Zhap zhee! You don't suffer for other people. In fact the real suffering is already taken by someone greater.

Your suffering is more like the suffering from following Christ's footsteps. To give but get spat at in return.

If you followed up to shepherding and expect a pat on the back by church with 500k for your sacrifices, it is so wrong.

Heh heh... looks like its a good job during this recession time when many heads are chopped. You get such an attractive pay package more than what many top corporate heads are getting. :blink:

↡ Advertisement