$500,000 pay for New Creation Church employee

Idwish

Wats a reasonable pay? Would 100K /annum suffice?

I am not in a good position to dictate what would suffice, but I guess using the average Singaporean lifestyle would be a reasonable gauge in my opinion. Of course other factors have to considered too, like one forumer who suggested the responsibilities involved. Also, a possibility would be to peg it against certain jobs of similar standings in the civil service.

But, who am I to dictate? However, 500k p.a is a clear cut case of extravagance. What is your view then?

↡ Advertisement

Have u guys been faithfully contributing to this church, if yes, then your voice ought to be heard or you should make a direct complain or feedback to the church... If u have not contributed before, I think it is not up to u to pass any judgement or criticism. Those should making noise should be those are contributing faithfully every month. I dun see what is the big hoo har here ????

I personally find it okay for a pastor to have high income. Come to think of it, How can a person who is not blessed bless others???

I am not in a good position to dictate what would suffice, but I guess using the average Singaporean lifestyle would be a reasonable gauge in my opinion. Of course other factors have to considered too, like one forumer who suggested the responsibilities involved. Also, a possibility would be to peg it against certain jobs of similar standings in the civil service.

But, who am I to dictate? However, 500k p.a is a clear cut case of extravagance. What is your view then?

Personally, imho, it would be safe to peg it to a civil service job of similar responsibilties/standings.

But ultimately, only the church can decide how much to pay. As I've always maintained - as long as NCC feels that 500K is reasonable for their pastor, then by all means, pls go ahead.

As the money is not public money, I (as well as all other non-members of NCC) have no right 2 cry father cry mother over how much is NCC paying their staffs.

you from there?

but i dun expect him to live like a king too....

I'm neither a member nor visitor of that church, and how a pastor lives is between him and God.

Although a pastor's high pay is publicised and made known to all, but whether these pastors give back to God's what they earned, only God Himself knows. As Christians we are taught to give in secret so that only God knows. Many well to do Christians probably give more than the 1 / 10th of the earnings, because giving is worshipping God.

What also bugs me about the situation, is that those who made noise about the pay, are not even attendees to those churches, and many are also non-Christians. Nobody is forcing those who are unwilling to attend these churches and present their offerings there. And if the members have any issues with the pastors pay, they can simply go to another church.

I am all for paying the workman what he / she deserves.

Have u guys been faithfully contributing to this church, if yes, then your voice ought to be heard or you should make a direct complain or feedback to the church... If u have not contributed before, I think it is not up to u to pass any judgement or criticism. Those should making noise should be those are contributing faithfully every month. I dun see what is the big hoo har here ????

I personally find it okay for a pastor to have high income. Come to think of it, How can a person who is not blessed bless others???

I don't think you need to be blessed (financially) to bless others. Ever heard of the boy with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish? Don't tell me only the rich can bless, and the poor just wait to be blessed? Bottomline: There are multiple ways of blessings.

personally, i've seen a friend of mine from being a "i don't give a damm" free thinker to a near madness devoted christian.. with new creation church. well, i suppose this pastor prince do have some kind of charisma that resulted in over thousands of fellowers. he must be preaching something right else i suppose the head of all churches in singapore will come down hard on him? am i right?

anyway, $500k is only 2% of the $19million raised, it does look tiny on the accounts book, my query is does this prince pastor deserve this 2%? well, neutral, if the church members think it is appropriate, no one else outside of the church can question. i'm only curious to know why this was reported on public media during this difficult times.

btw, i'm a free thinker in case anyone is wondering, and i hate all these new fashion churches.

What would be good biblical reasons to back up paying a pastor half a million? I really can't think of any.

Christians are also expected not to be stumbling block to non-believers or other believers. So brushing off the bad publicity this episode creates as purely "family" affair is not exactly biblical.

personally, i've seen a friend of mine from being a "i don't give a damm" free thinker to a near madness devoted christian.. with new creation church. well, i suppose this pastor prince do have some kind of charisma that resulted in over thousands of fellowers. he must be preaching something right else i suppose the head of all churches in singapore will come down hard on him? am i right?

anyway, $500k is only 2% of the $19million raised, it does look tiny on the accounts book, my query is does this prince pastor deserve this 2%? well, neutral, if the church members think it is appropriate, no one else outside of the church can question. i'm only curious to know why this was reported on public media during this difficult times.

btw, i'm a free thinker in case anyone is wondering, and i hate all these new fashion churches.

Bro...if u happen to just return from overseas, our local media has always been quite anti-churches. [lipsrsealed]

What would be good biblical reasons to back up paying a pastor half a million? I really can't think of any.

Christians are also expected not to be stumbling block to non-believers or other believers. So brushing off the bad publicity this episode creates as purely "family" affair is not exactly biblical.

Guess u're right in this area. NCC needs to come up with something to respond before it becomes smething really negative.

Keeping quiet is not gonna help the situation any better imho. [shakehead]

Edited by Rickster

Bro...if u happen to just return from overseas, our local media has always been quite anti-churches. [lipsrsealed]

nah.. a true singaporean.. and yes, i love our local media!

[;)]

We are here to share our point of view of the pastor salary. We know we have no rights to questioned his salary and so I'm sure none of us is going to write to the church and demand an explanation.

I don't think you need to be blessed (financially) to bless others. Ever heard of the boy with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish? Don't tell me only the rich can bless, and the poor just wait to be blessed? Bottomline: There are multiple ways of blessings.

I like be blessed with $$$, while I bless other by touching their heads.. Good deal.. [laugh][laugh]

Come to think of it, How can a person who is not blessed bless others???

[/font]

Just to clarify some misconceptions from a Christian POV if you don't mind:

1. Pastors are not source of blessings, God is.

2. Pastors are spiritual shepherd, not wealth giver, by definition

3. The Bible warns of the love of money been the root of all evil.

4. The work of a worker of God should be evaluated and awarded according to His principles. I'm sure many other high performing pastors (in God's eyes) do not ask for and will even decline been given, exceeding riches for reason of conscience.

Edited by Falc

errr.. the cults in the states, korea, japan also have extremely devout followers who used to be someone else.. most were brain washed then... Not saying the independent churches are doing that, but if you keep on emphasizing tithes, blessing with $$$ contribution, and overwhelming positive testimonial, I'm sure out of 10 listeners, at east 50% will turn devoted followers.

errr.. the cults in the states, korea, japan also have extremely devout followers who used to be someone else.. most were brain washed then... Not saying the independent churches are doing that, but if you keep on emphasizing tithes, blessing with $$$ contribution, and overwhelming positive testimonial, I'm sure out of 10 listeners, at east 50% will turn devoted followers.

Erm...not to splash cold water, but isn't most of the human race join a religion becos of $$$$ and blessings since ancient times?

Ok....a small small minority turns to religion becos of inner peace (but most of the people who does that r becos they have big guilty conscience to begin with [lipsrsealed] )

And there's a good reason why they are called independent churches, not belonging to any denomination. It's beocz if they do belong to one, they know finance will be subjected to strict guidelines and check by the HQ of the denomination. Pastor won't anyhow be awarded such huge salary.

Guess u're right in this area. NCC needs to come up with something to respond before it becomes smething really negative.

Keeping quiet is not gonna help the situation any better imho. [shakehead]

I just re-read the statement from NCC:

told The Straits Times that its policy is to 'recognise and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church's growth and revenue

Hmm .... church's growth is fine, so is ministry growth, but revenue growth?? Are they going to explain by looking at profit margin next (ok they are NPO). But still sounds very worldly to me [shocked]

Of course there are multiple ways of blessing which I agree with u... But being financially well off can sure bless other which is no doubt to me

Can u turn turn 5 loave and 2 fish now into give to multitudes like what was stated in the bible???

Or can u get fishes and the bread without paying nowadays???

I doubt so!!! if yes let me know.. I will gladly bring the bread and fishes over for u..

Edited by Actan72
↡ Advertisement