$500,000 pay for New Creation Church employee

Idwish

And there's a good reason why they are called independent churches, not belonging to any denomination. It's beocz if they do belong to one, they know finance will be subjected to strict guidelines and check by the HQ of the denomination. Pastor won't anyhow be awarded such huge salary.

Huh? Where n when did u heard that being in a denomination that means u need to have finance guidlines according to "HQ" (HQ??? Do u know wat u r talking about?)

↡ Advertisement

Erm...not to splash cold water, but isn't most of the human race join a religion becos of $$$$ and blessings since ancient times?

Ok....a small small minority turns to religion becos of inner peace (but most of the people who does that r becos they have big guilty conscience to begin with [lipsrsealed] )

Imo, most chose to believe becoz of the fear of death. Most religion somehow ensure eternal life if follow their doctrine.... But preaching to do goods and be at peace is alright. But when you need $$$ to buy a piece of heaven, then I find it quite sad.

I just re-read the statement from NCC:

told The Straits Times that its policy is to 'recognise and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church's growth and revenue

Hmm .... church's growth is fine, so is ministry growth, but revenue growth?? Are they going to explain by looking at profit margin next (ok they are NPO). But still sounds very worldly to me [shocked]

Revenue....hmmm a very bad word to use [shakehead]

Huh? Where n when did u heard that being in a denomination that means u need to have finance guidlines according to "HQ" (HQ??? Do u know wat u r talking about?)

Yes, if they belong to methodist, baptist..etc, there are guidelines..

WOW like the CEO of newcreation church! 500k/yr woooo.

maybe it's his responsibility of his position and the 2nd largest church in sg, he or the church feels he deserve such salary???

I guess as long as the money is used for a good cause these NCC goers wouldn't mind? but I maybe wrong...if they do mind, they should raise their concerns and hold a session to clarify. This has nothing to do with their belief but rather using their common sense to ensure that they monthly contribution is not abused. This incident kind of remind me of another incident where one of our very famous lady who is the wife of our Senior Minister (not the new one)... "if you pay peanuts, you get monkey"....pls pardon me if my quote is slightly wrong.

Just a bit of history,

The spread of Christianity is actually by a Roman Emperor (not a kind one) who wanted to use Religion to consolidate his power, thus one bro is right...since ancient times, Religion is just another tool used by Man to propagate his agenda....be it wealth or power...

Edited by Sabretan

Yes, if they belong to methodist, baptist..etc, there are guidelines..

Esp for Methodist. If congregation don't like the pastor, report and give details, can even remove pastor from congregation to another place.

4. The work of a worker of God should be evaluated and awarded according to His principles. I'm sure many other high performing pastors (in God's eyes) do not ask for and will even decline been given, exceeding riches for reason of conscience.

Giving a lot of salary to a pastor is equivalent to giving King David a day off which he promptly used, walked around his gardens and THEN! "Hmmmm...... a naked woman bathing...."

[sweatdrop]

If the congregation agreed to give him this kind of pay, I would say they are sabo'ing their leader. Satan knows how to work. Strike down the shepherd and the flock will scatter. NCC has a vulnerable "pillar" which can be struck and the whole thing will just come tumbling down.

Esp for Methodist. If congregation don't like the pastor, report and give details, can even remove pastor from congregation to another place.

That's the advantage of being non-denomination. Don't have to answer how they spend the church finance to any council.

Edited by Ender

"let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" Who are you to judge the pastor and the churches? This kinda religous thing better not anyhow say. If he's bogus, fine...but if he's really man of God, then gd luck to you. [sweatdrop] I salute your courage to say all these openly man... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Don't mind me but you sound pretty much like an upset ex church member from either churches. I can feel the unhappines when I read. Like you got a Vendetta or something against his surname Prince. Personal attack sia.. [laugh] SALUTE!

At the end of days, I don't answer to a church or to a pastor, but to the One and Only, and I will anyhow say.

But yes, really, where the f do you get a surname like prince? It's not a personal attack, just a genuine question, albeit in a crude way.

And if he really is a man of God, then more so I have nothing to be afraid of. Jesus forgave the ones who hung him on the cross and while he breathed his last breath, even forgave those who were gambling away his clothing. So what the f do I have to be afraid of?

And I'm not an ex-member of either churches, but I have attended a number of their services, and I am not at all convinced of their true objective.

And I don't believe pastors should draw a salary at all, it's a sacrifice they made, it's not a profession, it's a calling, it's a burden. If they truly believe, their rewards lie in heaven.

I have met pastors such as the above, they exist solely on the generosity of their parishioners, or they take up part time jobs to generate an income. It's a tough life, but that's what a sacrifice is all about. Just ask Jesus.

I personally find it okay for a pastor to have high income. Come to think of it, How can a person who is not blessed bless others???

Blessings don't come from a person.

Blessings don't come from a person.

Some ppl just love to be screwed. God will "take care" of them.

Edited by Kingcopa

Of course there are multiple ways of blessing which I agree with u... But being financially well off can sure bless other which is no doubt to me

Can u turn turn 5 loave and 2 fish now into give to multitudes like what was stated in the bible???

Or can u get fishes and the bread without paying nowadays???

I doubt so!!! if yes let me know.. I will gladly bring the bread and fishes over for u..

I understand where you are coming from, but this is not the main point I am driving at. The main point is that as long as you give off (bless) the best with what you have, it is already a blessing itself. All of us have different abilities to bless, and it must not only come in the form of finance. This is how God makes use of people! Imagine everyone giving off money, but nobody willing to bless in other aspects, wouldn't it be a lopsided world? Bottomline: Humans look at money in a different light as compared to God because we are ultimately living in a materialistic world.

I've once heard some complaints from my customers.

He doesn't want to disclose too mcuh of the company so I listened to it half-hearted as well, it could be a hoax but it goes like this.

The Boss is a devoted follower of a religion and of course, he pay a lot of attention to it.

It happened that once the Company having profitted a pretty good sum of 8-10 mils on that workyear.

The 10 working staffs are expecting a good bonus sum but to their dismay, they are only paid the usual additional month (13th month) with the boss claiming that they expect business to drop.

What's more sickening is that the boss forked out a pretty big sum towards the new building for his religion. He actually asked for contribution from the staffs as well.

And he genuinely believe that his 'GOD' helped him achieve so much in his career.

In actual, it's those 10 hardworking staffs who slogged non-stop for the past year!

As expected, one by one they left, the business soon fell.

and till now, the boss still believe that one fine day, he will pick himself up again with the 'blessing'.

Such people does exists .... really funny.

Neutral Newbie

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." 1 Timothy 6:10

"And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." Luke 12:15

"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Matthew 6:26

Edited by Dipstick

And everyone complains our dear PM getting S$3million(NET) to run a country. They forget to mention he donates S$1million to the charity. Wonder if Pastor Joseph Prince can still claim for subsistence allowance, travel allowance, staffing allowance, staffing allowance, communication allowance etc etc like the British MPs.

Time for a career change?

How about a Golden Tap for his personal toilet ...... [sly][sly]

↡ Advertisement