$500,000 pay for New Creation Church employee

Idwish

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:24

Maybe they intend to spend it all before they die so they die poor and can go to heaven!

Well said and a rebuttal with substance.

It's true that God did not call any of the workers in his field to be paupers specifically, and the workers of the field should be able to share in the blessings, both material and spiritual, that they help brought to their hearers.

BUT such a princely sum is nowhere near the level of poverty, it's not even near the level of upper middle class living, it is ultra-luxury living already, aka travel through this world in style in first class :)

Bottom line, how is good stewardship of the money given to God and His Kingdom been exercised or evident here. It will be good if the church can explain instead of choosing silence.

Will we see another 'David Koresh' in the making ala Waco?

I just re-read the statement from NCC:

told The Straits Times that its policy is to 'recognise and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church's growth and revenue

Hmm .... church's growth is fine, so is ministry growth, but revenue growth?? Are they going to explain by looking at profit margin next (ok they are NPO). But still sounds very worldly to me [shocked]

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." 1 Timothy 6:10

"And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." Luke 12:15

"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Matthew 6:26

post-29832-1238421741_thumb.png

.....I have met pastors such as the above, they exist solely on the generosity of their parishioners, or they take up part time jobs to generate an income. It's a tough life, but that's what a sacrifice is all about. Just ask Jesus.

Most pastors would not have the time to take on part time job. Apart from preaching, which sometimes take weeks to prepare, many of them also involved in various ministry, outreach programs, mission works, PCC meetings, counsellings, HR matter, etc...

Edited by Silver_blade

Most pastors would not have the time to take on part time job. Apart from preaching, which sometimes take weeks to prepare, many of them also involved in various ministry, outreach programs, mission works, PCC meetings, counsellings, HR matter, etc...

The Christians in SG are damn pampered. In Indonesia, the pastors need income from elsewhere and they slog hard to get income AND serve.

Must compare apple to apple. I have heard some s'pore pastor in Viet don't even have money to get his sick wife from the remote village to the city for medical treatment.

Some of our pastor may look like they are leading an easy life, just say a few things, shake a few hands once a week. But the truth is far from that. [;)]

I'm not talking about the pastors. It is the Christians in SG. Having pastors that are dedicated full time when pastors elsewhere have to make a living on the side.

And everyone complains our dear PM getting S$3million(NET) to run a country. They forget to mention he donates S$1million to the charity.

even after the donation, he still earns almost 4 times more than the president of US..

Aiyah, if it is reported and in the open, whats the problem ????

if peek a boo, hide and seek then got problem....

Ya i agree. Out-the-open corruption hurts no one. It's corruption behind closed doors that does.

Wait... That doesn't make any sense at all.

The church did not confirm if the amount went to its leader, Senior Pastor Joseph Prince, but told The Straits Times that its policy is to 'recognise and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church's growth and revenue'.

I thought God is the main pillar...... [shakehead]

That was certainly a Freudian slip.

Edited by Darth_mel

Bro...if u happen to just return from overseas, our local media has always been quite anti-churches. [lipsrsealed]

Just wondering...I thought majority of the sg are christains? They not only big in numbers but also they have more upper class ppl that r highly educated, rich, powerful?

↡ Advertisement