Malaysia: What to do when your windscreen is smashed in JB?

Kelpie

mayb can show ur receipt n photos of ur car b4 n aft ws installation to e insurer....who noes [rolleyes] , mayb FOC [thumbsup]

Good idea. Will do so later. By the way, don't expect to see my car plate number [laugh].

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Bro, your link couldn't show anything but anyway, I found it - http://www.geocities.com/drcermin/doktorcermin And also, for the benefit of others, I have attached a map here. It is at Jalan Sri Perkasa Utama (next to Petronas petrol station). Is this the correct place? Thanks.

Thank you for the research. Genie47 or the Moderator, can we sticky this thread for the benefit of those who visited JB frequently.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

window smashed but nothing stolen..prob the thief didn't have time to take everything before someone come along and he gotta cabut..

you're one lucky fella..

Lucky? I thought I'm asking for it? Should have kept and stowed away all the DVD players, GPS and all bags. Probably they took interest in my DVD players.

I've shock sensors in my car. So upon impact, I'll be alerted. They managed to smash the whole piece of glass but probably too afraid to continue since the alarm sounded. The other 2 cars don't have such system and I was told I was probably their last target before they sped off.

Regards,

what?! nothing stolen?! how rare..

I have 3 steering locks, Shock sensors and a Global Tracking system. Hence, I have better chance and timing to react. A bag consisted of 2 water bottles was stolen.

Regards,

Did you say you got alerted by your own car's alarm while shopping? I know some high end alarms will trigger and send/call your mobile. Yours is one of those? Or super long range transponder?

Yes. I've a combination of 2:

a) Beside the factory default alarm, I installed another alarm system with shock sensors. So, I have 2 alarm systems in my car.

b) I also have a GTS, upon impact, it will also sms me.

Regards,

I have 3 steering locks, Shock sensors and a Global Tracking system. Hence, I have better chance and timing to react. A bag consisted of 2 water bottles was stolen.

Regards,

Wow that sucker must be quite desperate water bottles also take. [sweatdrop]

cant believe you're taking this so lightly..

if its me i'd stop going to JB for at least a few months. love boleh land too much to stay away from it totally.. :D

(edited)

yesterday weather was quite hot.. maybe he/she thirsty la.. [flowerface]

i dont even have an alarm system.. no steering lock also... [shakehead]

Edited by Route
  • Praise 1

cant believe you're taking this so lightly..

if its me i'd stop going to JB for at least a few months. love boleh land too much to stay away from it totally.. :D

No point cry father cry mother right, it doesn't help either. I think, it is time to install in-car camera, at least can see who did it if kena smashed again [laugh].

Regards,

Yes. I've a combination of 2:

a) Beside the factory default alarm, I installed another alarm system with shock sensors. So, I have 2 alarm systems in my car.

b) I also have a GTS, upon impact, it will also sms me.

Regards,

Do you know of any GTS that has no monthly fee? ie, I use my own sim card. I've seen some solutions out there but it comes packaged with their sim cards + 24hr helpdesk blah.... I don't want. I am still holding onto a M1 Zeroplan sim card. So very keen to use it in a GTS. If no SMS, no cost. If SMS, means my car got activated....then I want to see SMS.

But then again if no monthly fee, it means I won't be able to login to a webpage and see it's location. But I think it's good enough if it SMSes me it's GPS position.....

Any advise?

Neutral Newbie

Another good workshop for fixing windscreen in JB:

Sykt Uniweld Trading

29, Jln Shah Bandar 3,

Taman Ungku Tun Aminah

Skudai.

Tel: 07-5572089

Mobile: 019-7145001 (Mr Ong)

It's located beside the flyover of Taman Ungku Tun Aminah.

• Praise 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Care to share what type of alarm system you use ? My GSM alarm system cant work now (after 3 years). The that installed the alarm for me also discontinued this GSM alarm system. Saying that they have problem since 3G network started operation.

Do you use SIM card in your alarm system ?

• Praise 2

Hi

300 RGT is really cheap. Did they give you a choice of brands (ie is it factory original) or OEM?

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi

300 RGT is really cheap. Did they give you a choice of brands (ie is it factory original) or OEM?

300RGT is NOT cheap. with 600RGT, u can get a new windscreen (OEM) in JB.

Thank you for the research. Genie47 or the Moderator, can we sticky this thread for the benefit of those who visited JB frequently.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

We have submitted the request to hv a sticky for this thread.

Hi

It is Honda OEM. Stock is still the best. Will try taking a picture with the Honda logo when I reached home.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement