Malaysia: What to do when your windscreen is smashed in JB?

Kelpie

wah got thieves so stupid one? :blink:

you're one lucky dude anyway.

I think my impact sensor alarm (Alarm will be activated upon impact) could have scared them away or someone passed by the scene so they have to flee. Out of panic, they just grab what is inside the car.

Where got lucky? glass smashed have to repair and re-stick anti-solar flim leh.

Regards,

just to check..

if got a solar film installed, is it shatter-proof and can stop people from taking things?? [confused]

cos i know wish werks got sell a film that can prevent ur window from being broken..

i know of cos the best preventive measure is to not even expose valuable items though.. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

just to check..

if got a solar film installed, is it shatter-proof and can stop people from taking things?? [confused]

cos i know wish werks got sell a film that can prevent ur window from being broken..

i know of cos the best preventive measure is to not even expose valuable items though.. [lipsrsealed]

No way! speaking from experience. I installed the wish werks anti-theft flim and it still kena smashed, though in one good piece. It probably detered the theft for a while. That was all.

Those that we saw in their video, was probably stronger as they warp the flim all over your glass. By simply sticking the flim on will not be shatter-proof at all.

Regards,

wa lao.. that time near my workplace got multiple windscreen smashings. i wish i could tell my boss to let me stay away from work [sweatdrop]

but i usually go jusco. so far so good. the security quite on the ball and the car park, being open (i prefer open air) is easy to see all cars. so it seems safe.

i also practice keeping items away from view and not leaving valuables. otherwise i'll have to visit Dr Cermin also [shakehead]

my car not likely to be jacked cos it's crap. so no worries there.

Lately, quite bad liao [shakehead]. Yesterday went Jusco TC, saw some cars windscreen kena smashed in the sheltered carpark. Security guards and the owners gathered around at the scene. These are Malaysian cars.

Just about 2 weeks ago, when I was at Jusco BT, I went to my car to get something, a lady came up to me looked so upset and lost and told me her car was gone and she parked next to my car. She asked me whether I saw her car or not, sigh, how would I know?I asked her you never put a lock har? I then referred her to the security guard. I mean what can I do to help [:(] ?

So, stay alert and try to do the following simple things:

a) Do not leave any bags or objects (whether it contains gold or not) that attract unnececcary attention.

b) Try to park near to the places where there are more crowd and likely to be near entrances.

c) Put a lock to slow down the thief.

d) Get a 2 way car alarm system with shock sensors.

Regards,

wah!! really?

I go to JUSCO Bt Indah like once a fortnight. Thot the carpark quite safe as they are always security on motorbikes riding ard... also, without the parking ticket can go out?

wah!! really?

I go to JUSCO Bt Indah like once a fortnight. Thot the carpark quite safe as they are always security on motorbikes riding ard... also, without the parking ticket can go out?

Even those Malaysian cars parking insider the sheltered Jusco TC also have their windscreen smashed. Opened car park is easier for them to lay the hands on those car. What is the big deal of the fine for the parking ticket versus the value of a car? They can drive in, park somewhere, use their own ticket and drive off the victim's car. For their own car, just claimed that wallet kena stolen and lost the parking ticket.

Regards,

put it this way, they just go around smashing sg cars, one day easily ten businesses. 10 times 300 = rm 3000 per day, one month is almost 100k income.

Do factor in the cost of windscreen.

• Praise 1

Lately, quite bad liao [shakehead]. Yesterday went Jusco TC, saw some cars windscreen kena smashed in the sheltered carpark. Security guards and the owners gathered around at the scene. These are Malaysian cars.

Just about 2 weeks ago, when I was at Jusco BT, I went to my car to get something, a lady came up to me looked so upset and lost and told me her car was gone and she parked next to my car. She asked me whether I saw her car or not, sigh, how would I know?I asked her you never put a lock har? I then referred her to the security guard. I mean what can I do to help [:(] ?

So, stay alert and try to do the following simple things:

a) Do not leave any bags or objects (whether it contains gold or not) that attract unnececcary attention.

b) Try to park near to the places where there are more crowd and likely to be near entrances.

c) Put a lock to slow down the thief.

d) Get a 2 way car alarm system with shock sensors.

Regards,

Hi Bro,

Can PM the details of your alarm system? Thanks!

Regards,

HR

• Praise 1

Jusco should be ok as told by my JB friend. The security company that they engaged is well-known in the industry.

Regards,

two of my friends got their windows smashed @ Jusco.. no where is safe.. just do not go in.. its not worth it..

↡ Advertisement