Malaysia: What to do when your windscreen is smashed in JB?

Kelpie

two of my friends got their windows smashed @ Jusco.. no where is safe.. just do not go in.. its not worth it..

I still go in despite one count of smashed glass. Boleh land has much to offer for peasant like us [laugh].

By the way, they don't strike without a reason, you friends could have exposed something that they wanted to take, simple as that.

As I've said, just keep everything out of sight and it should be fine [thumbsup] .

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

I still go in despite one count of smashed glass. Boleh land has much to offer for peasant like us [laugh].

By the way, they don't strike without a reason, you friends could have exposed something that they wanted to take, simple as that.

As I've said, just keep everything out of sight and it should be fine [thumbsup] .

Regards,

fully agree.......

it is all a matter of personal choice, if you want to go, go....if you feel unsafe, then dun go....

I frequent JB very often as have kin there.

Thanks for information and sorry to hear that your windscreen was smashed.

I was also robbed before at Taman Sentosa by a proclaimed drug / HIV positive addict. I'm not a hero, so I gave him some money from a near empty wallet.

Here is some of my tips,

1) I will let the car washers in shopping centre to wash and vaccum my car. I got my membership with CARS, so far is quite safe unless we go for movies at night.

2) Just keep your valuables with you like cashcard, passport, wallets, etc... I always carry a sling bag when overseas and dump things inside.

3) Carrying an extra dummy wallet helps.

4) I die die try to find a lot with a lot of human traffic like near entrance to lift or escalators.

5) For guys, when inside toilets, just make sure you go to the cubicles and lock it, try not to piss standing cos hard to jaga attack from behind.

6) Look around for suspicious characters before entering your car.

7) Lock your car ASAP either when inside or outside of vehicle.

8) Practise safe driving and keep a good following distance in JB. I was involved in a few accidents and the latest was my vios was smashed from behind by lorry, we suspect some accidents are staged cos within a few minutes, tow trucks and ppl offering help came.

9) Be humble when in a difficult situation.

10) No need to argue with their TP, just talk to them nicely.

Be safe.

(edited)

1) I will let the car washers in shopping centre to wash and vaccum my car. I got my membership with CARS, so far is quite safe unless we go for movies at night.

3) Carrying an extra dummy wallet helps.

5) For guys, when inside toilets, just make sure you go to the cubicles and lock it, try not to piss standing cos hard to jaga attack from behind.

10) No need to argue with their TP, just talk to them nicely.

I've stopped using car wash in shopping centre as I was told they could duplicate your car key easily when you were away.

I don't bring a wallet.

I think in major shopping centre, toilet is safe. 2nd grade shopping centre have to be more careful.

Money talks when come to TP.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

Supercharged

sound so dangerous... [sweatdrop]

any of you keen to go JB together?

As i just got my ride, i hope to make a few friends here who shared common interest in going jb to pump gas, buy smoke or even service the ride.

At least, can take care of each other on the road.

I stay at east, tampines. [rolleyes]

I've stopped using car wash in shopping centre as I was told they could duplicate your car key easily when you were away.

I don't bring a wallet.

I think in major shopping centre, toilet is safe. 2nd grade shopping centre have to be more careful.

Money talks when come to TP.

Regards,

Try not to quench their thirst, it may backfire. I have Msia relations telling me that they can turn around and report it as bribery after taking it.

Buckle up when driving cos TP will stop you and ... I saw quite a few kanna before/after CIQ.

A hot spot will be the junction underneath the bridge after Carrefour on route to TC. Its a through road to Johorjaya and its a NO RIGHT TURN on route back to Taman Sentosa.

TP will normally ambush there on Sundays. I kanna for this one but insisted many times for him to issue ticket when he told me the BS fine of rm300.

Just sharing.

Try not to quench their thirst, it may backfire. I have Msia relations telling me that they can turn around and report it as bribery after taking it.

Buckle up when driving cos TP will stop you and ... I saw quite a few kanna before/after CIQ.

A hot spot will be the junction underneath the bridge after Carrefour on route to TC. Its a through road to Johorjaya and its a NO RIGHT TURN on route back to Taman Sentosa.

TP will normally ambush there on Sundays. I kanna for this one but insisted many times for him to issue ticket when he told me the BS fine of rm300.

Just sharing.

Talking about that, I just kena a fine last weekend. I usually made a U-turn after the 1st traffic night towards the Custom. I make aU-turn to pump petrol at the nearby Shell petrol station. Saw TP stationed at the immediate turning area. Kena stopped and told me no U-turn.

As usual, told me fine RM300, public holiday discount RM100. I told him I left with no money to pump petrol if give RM100. Later LL, settled for RM50.

Regards,

(edited)

That U turn at Woodland CIQ is a hot spot. Almost every weekend I can see a TP there...

Strange, 1st time seeing them there, perhaps something to do with timings. In the 1st place, I don't understand why can't use it for U-Turn?

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

Talking about that, I just kena a fine last weekend. I usually made a U-turn after the 1st traffic night towards the Custom. I make aU-turn to pump petrol at the nearby Shell petrol station. Saw TP stationed at the immediate turning area. Kena stopped and told me no U-turn.

As usual, told me fine RM300, public holiday discount RM100. I told him I left with no money to pump petrol if give RM100. Later LL, settled for RM50.

Regards,

Hi Kelpie, I assume that you made the U-turn towards JB CIQ on the way back to Singapore? If yes, should have topped up elsewhere on the way to JB CIQ as that traffic light has no U-turn sign.

Unless you are referring to the U-turn after exiting JB CIQ and passing by Shell. Making U-turn here is OK cos there is a sign.

Strange, 1st time seeing them there, perhaps something to do with timings. In the 1st place, I don't understand why can't use it for U-Turn?

Regards,

There is no U Turn, thus it can used to "generate icome loh" Also most ppl would need to u turn there to pump petrol before hitting singapore.... the U turn ahead is a far one, I have tried before.

For Shell, you have 3 options prior re-entering singapore. Just after City Square on left but you got to drive thru traffic before hitting there and got to cut across 3 lanes fiercely after pumping petrol to make the lane for woodlands CIQ.

Also this bloody Shell needs to pay money prior to pumping (dunno what the attendants are there for?)

The other ones is along Tebrau highway. It is 4 km from CIQ, alont the way but many cars there.

The 3rd one is from Permas Jaya side.(Behind Taman Sentosa) This ine is least ppl and most convenient. Also 4km from CIQ.

Regards,

yea.. they took all the gauges.. boost controllers.. etc

Just came back from JUSCO Bt Indah today....

Lost my Parking ticket. Reported to information counter and they referred me to the Info counter at the central part of the shopping centre. Have to go 3rd floor MAXIS shop to copy own driving licence(ID) for RM$0.10 and bring to them. Must fill in form. Then they call a security to follow you to your car. Wtach you open the car with key to proof yr ownership. Then they further verify all the car make/model/number plate before they give you yr coupon.

Overall I feel safe as it is more difficult(not impossible) to steal and make away with yr car...

At woodlands, again I saw the "ambush" by the Police on a Cub on U-Turning traffic. I normally U-TUrn at the leag one 500m ahead to pump at Shell.

Neutral Newbie

PMed you.

Regards,

hi hi can pm me too? altho mine is a small little car but i keep goin in and out of malaysia, better get some protection

Hypersonic
(edited)

Just came back from JUSCO Bt Indah today....

Lost my Parking ticket. Reported to information counter and they referred me to the Info counter at the central part of the shopping centre. Have to go 3rd floor MAXIS shop to copy own driving licence(ID) for RM$0.10 and bring to them. Must fill in form. Then they call a security to follow you to your car. Wtach you open the car with key to proof yr ownership. Then they further verify all the car make/model/number plate before they give you yr coupon.

Overall I feel safe as it is more difficult(not impossible) to steal and make away with yr car...

At woodlands, again I saw the "ambush" by the Police on a Cub on U-Turning traffic. I normally U-TUrn at the leag one 500m ahead to pump at Shell.

they could have driven in their own car to get parking ticket. Steal and drive out the victim car with the parking ticket. Come back later and claim they lost the ticket to their own car.

Edit

PS, come to think of it, they don't even need to drive in their car. Just walk to the parking entrance and press for a ticket, pay RM1 to steal a car. These will save them the hassle for reporting lost ticket to their own car.

Edited by Ender

Neutral Newbie

As in the GTS and shock sensor info. Thanks so much. Must try to take as much precaution so that I wouldnt drive with a heavy heart in Malaysia

Supercharged

should i go buy a steering lock too?

I went in boleh land once a week for gas, my ride is a malaysia make.

Are they more merciful towards their national product? [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement