Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
271 replies to this topic | 28 praises

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:13 AM

Dschia
  • Dschia
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For the DIY gurus, what car shampoo do you all use and why?

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:17 AM

Azarael
  • Azarael
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i would use any shampoo that is on offer at GIANT or NTUC......

seriosuly, have tried armour all shampoo and find that it is quite good. i think most shamoos are comparable
L-Finesse is deeply rooted in Japanese culture, with three fundamental elements including "incisive simplicity," "intriguing elegance" and "seamless anticipation."

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

Mlee
  • Mlee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

For the DIY gurus, what car shampoo do you all use and why?

I'm very particular about shampoo, my favourite is still Duragloss shampoo. Why? because no spotting behind when dry and cherry scents makes me wan2 wash more. laugh.gif

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Use H2O aka water only cos I dun wanna so quickly wash away the wax/polish. Or you can get the one from 3M which claims that the shampoo will not wash away your car's wax/polish. I had tried it b4, not bad though but I still choose water cos it's cheaper. laugh.gif
Night King

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm very particular about shampoo, my favourite is still Duragloss shampoo. Why? because no spotting behind when dry and cherry scents makes me wan2 wash more. laugh.gif

I tried a few brands and it's Duragloss I like too.
It's very concentrated. I onl use a capful for the whole car. thumbsup.gif

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:56 AM

Jeff49er
  • Jeff49er
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I use Armour All wash and wax.
Mits Lancer 2.0 EX Sports
Fav team wears Red :devil: My Lancer 2.0 Sports is also Red

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

Keane
  • Keane
    Clutched
    Author Image

I tried a few brands and it's Duragloss I like too.
It's very concentrated. I onl use a capful for the whole car. thumbsup.gif

tried many brands, duragloss is d best that i have used so far... nod.gif

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:01 AM

Panomatic
  • Panomatic
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I use Zaino Z7 Show Car wash.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Carplan...from GIANT only $7-8 per bot.. drivingcar.gif
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

Acevin
  • Acevin
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Armour All wash and wax

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

President
  • President
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Using DG#902 Gallon size. thumbsup.gif

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

Snowbell
  • Premium member
    Snowbell
    4th Gear
    Author Image

the cherry-scented #901 car wash concentrate from DG.your hands will have the cherry-scent too,unlike others where they leave detergent smell on the hands.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

Pcslim
  • Pcslim
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Autoglym. Quite ex but got it at discount when giant is having a promotion.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Sparks
  • Sparks
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Sonax shampoo not too bad. But too bad it does not have the cherry-scent like Duragloss's (thanks Bro MD for the sample). Will get the retail size of Duragloss's after I have finished my Sonax, also slightly cheaper than Sonax.

I know some maids use mama lemon detergent to wash their owners' cars, cheap but does not seem safe I feel.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

Hotamp
  • Hotamp
    4th Gear
    Author Image

HAHA......i have been using dish washing detergent to wash my rides for 10yrs leow.....so far no problem ley. MY argument is if the govt approved the sale of dish washing detergent at NTUC for the public to wash their oily eating utensils with, i see no problem how it can "hurt" the metal skin of my rides confused.gif

The car accessories is a multi billion $$ industry worldwide, a lot of $$$ spend on marketing to encouraged consumers to choose X brand over Y brand. It is the choice of consumers to decide for themselves but personally i find that the dish washing detergent can adequately removes the dirt on the metal and windscreen without much residual thumbsup.gif . Thereafter i use my favorite wax to "protect"the paintwork till the next washing. inlove.gif

There is no short cut to the process, i guess a little effort must be spend on stage 1 washing and then stage 2 waxing. My experience is use better wax so the gloss can "tahan"a bit longer. nod.gif

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

Lab4games
  • Premium member
    Lab4games
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Armour All wash and wax

always buy this when it's on offer $8.80 thumbsup.gif

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:51 AM

Jeff49er
  • Jeff49er
    4th Gear
    Author Image

always buy this when it's on offer $8.80 thumbsup.gif

Which shops offer such discounts ?
Mits Lancer 2.0 EX Sports
Fav team wears Red :devil: My Lancer 2.0 Sports is also Red

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i use cheap cheap waxco shampoo for my car.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

Samster69
  • Samster69
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Don't*wash your vehicle when the sheetmetal is hot. The heat causes the soap and water to dry much faster than on a cool surface, which can make the washing process harder and possibly dull the finish. First thing in the morning is a good time to do a wash, or, if the vehicleis been parked in the shade for a while, the metal is likely to be cool enough to do it any time of the day.

Do*hose off the vehicle before washing. A thorough ipre-rinsei will not only help cool off the sheetmetal, but will also remove loose dirt, leaves, or other debris that could scratch the paint if caught under a sponge or towel. If thereis packed-on mud, use a strong steady stream to break it up and rinse it off entirely.

Don't*use a household detergent to wash your car. This is one of the most common mistakes. Dish soap, laundry soap, and household cleaners are often too harsh to use on a caris paint. They can strip off the protective wax coating and possibly dull the paintis finish. A dedicated carwash formula, on the other hand, is formulated with a milder soap that doesnit affect the protective coating.

Do*wash the vehicle in sections. Wash and rinse one area at a time. This will help prevent the sudsy water from drying on the paint before you can rinse it off.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Contax
  • Premium member
    Contax
    6th Gear
    Author Image

HAHA......i have been using dish washing detergent to wash my rides for 10yrs leow.....so far no problem ley. MY argument is if the govt approved the sale of dish washing detergent at NTUC for the public to wash their oily eating utensils with, i see no problem how it can "hurt" the metal skin of my rides confused.gif

The car accessories is a multi billion $$ industry worldwide, a lot of $$$ spend on marketing to encouraged consumers to choose X brand over Y brand. It is the choice of consumers to decide for themselves but personally i find that the dish washing detergent can adequately removes the dirt on the metal and windscreen without much residual thumbsup.gif . Thereafter i use my favorite wax to "protect"the paintwork till the next washing. inlove.gif

There is no short cut to the process, i guess a little effort must be spend on stage 1 washing and then stage 2 waxing. My experience is use better wax so the gloss can "tahan"a bit longer. nod.gif

In my opinion, this is both dangerous and harmful to the car. After all, none of us would bathe with laundry detergent, so why would we treat delicate car surfaces with harsh chemicals?

A car shampoo is a mild soap (not detergent) formulated to gently clean, lubricate and restore gloss. Choose a car shampoo based on what works best for you. All of the major brand names are close in quality and results. In my experience, you're not going to see a huge difference until you start getting into some of the smaller, lesser-known enthusiast brands.

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Meguiar's NXT GEN Car Wash

Meguiar's NXT GEN Car Wash  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Beebob  |  Neutral Newbie

A great product to use.

After trying many different brands, I'm more than happy to stick with this shampoo for the time being. It's easy to use and makes cleaning my car as easy. I like the fact it does not remove existing wax - saving me from reapplying any for a f... » Read More

Sonax Xtreme ActiveShampoo 2 in 1

Sonax Xtreme ActiveShampoo 2 in 1  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by SohPhisticated  |  Neutral Newbie

Get the dirt off thoroughly!

I simply love this product for its ease of use! Cleans exceptionally well, cleans almost every grime or dirt that I have on my car! Its spray-on application, where you can spray directly on the car or your wiping cloth, makes it really versat... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Shampoo

Quick Reply

Tags: shampoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users