320i vs C200. Which is a better buy?

Teriyaki

Neutral Newbie

if budget below 150k, maybe should consider IS250? more comfort than drivability.

My budget is below $120k. so how?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

My budget is below $120k. so how?

the last time i checked, after all the discount, can get ard 113k for is250.

in fact, 320i but they just increase 4k last weekend.

after test driving, finally adviced my dad to get 320i, more drivable and responsive imo although IS250 has a bigger engine.

for me, i am waiting to get 325i. no compromise for me.

Edited by Renesis76

Neutral Newbie

the last time i checked, after all the discount, can get ard 113k for is250.

in fact, 320i but they just increase 4k last weekend.

after test driving, finally adviced my dad to get 320i, more drivable and responsive imo although IS250 has a bigger engine.

for me, i am waiting to get 325i. no compromise for me.

I was at PML yesterday... Yeah, they increased prices.... [thumbsdown]

why don't u consider 120?

You should really consider the new audi a4 1.8T as well. I was expecting rubbish before i test drove it, but i was extremely impressed.

I definitely think it's the best car in its class tho it's not RWD.

Neutral Newbie

although my wife work in PML tested the 320 few time i still say go for MB if you wan power + comfort ...but u wan more engagement in driving go for BMW .... tat depend on wha u aiming at :) ......

(edited)

You should really consider the new audi a4 1.8T as well. I was expecting rubbish before i test drove it, but i was extremely impressed.

Personally, I'd avoid the A4 1.8T - since for the SG market, PA only brings in the CVT (Multitronic) tranny variant. Sorry, no DSG, or even Tiptronic Auto for this one.

There has been a lot said (even in Audi's own vagsg.com forum) about the responsiveness (or the lack thereof) and long-term (un)reliability of Audi's CVT.

Not only that, coupled with FWD and a very light electric power steering, this particular A4 variant does not handle well at all.

For A4, the 3.2 V6 Quattro is the one worth considering.

Edited by W210k

Neutral Newbie

Why not consider a 2nd hand M3 cab? looks nice and is at your budget range. head turner too!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...308&DL=1059

My max will be 2000cc. Got to consider for road tax...

And 2 door coupe? Insurance will be hell lot of money... (nevertheless, i will be using my mum's name since it'll cost a big bomb if using my name)

[thumbsup]

(edited)

True abt the CVT and no DSG... that's a bummer. I agree with that.

It is a FWD, but the new A4 steering (on 18" rims) is not as light as other audis... definitely heavier than the TT and the A6, both of which are too light for my preferences, and the handling isn't bad honestly!

best for the TS to take a test drive to experience for him/herself. I think the last time i checked, they are available ard 125k.

Edited by Four4s

Neutral Newbie

yea thats quite true though after thinking about it...

Anyway for me i would pick a c200 between the two, although i like BMW very much. Loved those BMWs around the E39 5-series time... those boxy headlights with the kidney grills... ah... but the roadtax and insurance + premium price puts me off... and electronics in this car will fail easily i think...

Your price of $120000 for the C180 is after the 10% financial booster. Without it, the list price of the the C180 is $136888.

Don't worry bro, C&C will come up with another name for it once 10% booster promo is over. The list px is always high but as always overtrade, booster or what hve u will be there as well so selling px is always a marked lower than list px. B4 the euphoria over the COE reduction C180 was going for $116K. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

thats right , heard alot of feedback regarding sluggish CVT but have not tried yet....if can have S-tronic, great!

heard Audi also quite aggressive in their discount, can check it out, last time my family checked, its ard 120k plus after discount for the ambition package. however OMV slightly lower than BMW 320i professional package.

can consider.....at the end, u must be happy with it. all we said are just our opinions, may not be what u perceive.

Neutral Newbie

Don't worry bro, C&C will come up with another name for it once 10% booster promo is over. The list px is always high but as always overtrade, booster or what hve u will be there as well so selling px is always a marked lower than list px. B4 the euphoria over the COE reduction C180 was going for $116K. [thumbsup]

I went to C&C yesterday... Heard that after intensive bargaining... C180 can be deal at $110k? Is this price before or after overtrade?

(edited)

when i took posession of both cars... straight away they went for a oil change and atf change.

that came up to about more than $300

other misc repairs on the W124

- 4 15" new tyres $400

- 4 shock absorbers $500

- 4 set brake pads $100

- 1 fan belt $38

there is a slight leak on the engine block but i am not complaining

gearbox runs fine still after 15yrs

misc repairs on the E39

- 4 18" tyres ... almost $1000

- 4 set brake pads $300

- engine runs great and gear box is still fine ... i am wishing it is the 2.2L block but i am not complaining

- potentially i may re-wrap the leather seats but that can wait

for a 12 yr old car.... still runs great and prestigious !!

had to let go the LGT

5 years on a Jap and the years are showing

one thing about COE cars is the road tax and yearly inspection. that is a pain in the S

i am paying $3600 for both cars which is 3x more than what i paid for the 2L LGT.

Edited by Comnao

(edited)

Yes, I was offered about 110k minus at the end of Feb, when I was looking at B-Klass. I was looking for B200 and got psycho-ed to stretch for C180 then anti climax I settle for B170 since not much different in equipment level for extra 9k to get B200. Can't afford C200 with is 15k more.

Look at 320i price above 100k but I don't like the interior too strip down.

I like he S40 2.0 6 speed but the booth is bloody small.

I got my B170 for a week now, even only entry level of Merc I am very happy with it.

Edited by Knighthunter
↡ Advertisement