320i vs C200. Which is a better buy?

Teriyaki

(edited)

5pages and still undecided.. fish, if not swim away, would have rot or become salt fish

Edited by Sony
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Now i want to buy the 320i (new) also dont have... Too late.. wasted... No choice, had to renew my road tax already...

PML now introducing the 318i, which i feel that paying that kind of money, and getting only a 136 horse.. i might as well get other cars..

So, now i'm considering 320i (pro), A4, and C180..

C180 seems to be a good option.. considering it is only 1600cc and save on road tax... hmm...

Y not consider the new facelift volvo 2.0.....affordable, safe and not bad drive....i just got it, no regrets, but price went up but still good time buy before it reaches 100k :)

dont waste time , get the VolvoS80.....steady.....

Ya, with you topping up the rest of the access $$$, why not.

dude if you are so concern with small annual differences of a few grand, maybe you should consider to drop premium contis or get secondhand, just like me.

not need to buy new

act its not even a grand....well guess diff folks diff strokes... [drivingcar]

(edited)

Y not consider the new facelift volvo 2.0.....affordable, safe and not bad drive....i just got it, no regrets, but price went up but still good time buy before it reaches 100k :)

You must be t first batch buyer of S40 at 89k? If I get volvo I will get it also this month aswell, too bad decided to get Merc B instead earlier this year.

Edited by Knighthunter

(edited)

your road tax and insurance will be "refunded" pro-rated when you trade in your old car.

insurance -> do-it-yourself -> contact your insurance co

road tax -> wait for the dealer to settle your car with lta -> then they will refund the balance roadtax to you

to me road tax between 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 is no major difference.

Now i want to buy the 320i (new) also dont have... Too late.. wasted... No choice, had to renew my road tax already...

PML now introducing the 318i, which i feel that paying that kind of money, and getting only a 136 horse.. i might as well get other cars..

So, now i'm considering 320i (pro), A4, and C180..

C180 seems to be a good option.. considering it is only 1600cc and save on road tax... hmm...

Edited by Wt_know

5pages and still undecided.. fish, if not swim away, would have rot or become salt fish

Think much earlier. Feb he thinking till now.

Hi all,

Just wondering if it is a good time to upgrade car now, since prices are so cheap...

Thinking of buying 3 series now.. PML quoted me $108k only for 320i... with 2.8% interest loan.

Seems that prices really dropped so much.. Considering my sis's 523i cost about $200k 3.5 years ago...

But don't know if prices will drop further? I will lose about $10k if I sell my current car.. Either that, I may consider keeping my current car and buy another 1..

Any wise opinion? Before I go down to PML with my cheque book.. Thanks!!!

Cheers

Buy salted fish...much cheaper. hahahaha

act its not even a grand....well guess diff folks diff strokes... [drivingcar]

yes road tax wise , it's not even 1k but plus higher maintenance and petrol, it will exceed $1k....

so I understand Teriyaki's consideration

just like why I'm looking for a 630i and not a 645i

Buy salted fish...much cheaper. hahahaha

depends.. some salt fish are not that cheap

You must be t first batch buyer of S40 at 89k? If I get volvo I will get it also this month aswell, too bad decided to get Merc B instead earlier this year.

Hmm earlier this year...then you must be the 1st batch who got the Merc B at $85,888. [thumbsup] Good entry

yes road tax wise , it's not even 1k but plus higher maintenance and petrol, it will exceed $1k....

bro, i thk maint and petrol between 2.0 and 2.5 is not that significant....but for ur 630 and 645, its a different story la... [smash]

I think there are many examples of the 2nd hand 645ci selling at very attractive prices. Getting a BMW V8 engine at that price is quite awesome. Google for the lap times at tracks around the world: the 645ci is fast. It is quite fast even when drag racing straight line 0-100km/h.

630 is the NA 3L inline 6, nice engine but not that exceptional especially when there are so may 335i on the road with the blown 3L inline 6 that sounds better and can blow your 630 away in no time at all.

I have been told there are reliability problems with the V8 and need some maintenance but hey what the heck, all other V8s out there require lots of maintenance as well. Probably because the manfacturers who do make V8s aren't very high on the reliaility stakes: Aston Martin, Maserati, Ferrari, you get the idea. Maybe Merc and Audi V8 could be the most reliable, next to BMW.... all German lah...

Neutral Newbie

aiyah.. just when i about to buy now, PML tell me no more stock for 320i new.. so what to do? i got to plan mah... now i'm buying new car and new house.. very siong.. that's why i didnt want to commit too much.

assuming i pay full cash for a new car, that means next time rainy day, i will eat grass... sigh.. somemore got to plan for marriage...

3 things in a row........

aiyah.. just when i about to buy now, PML tell me no more stock for 320i new.. so what to do? i got to plan mah... now i'm buying new car and new house.. very siong.. that's why i didnt want to commit too much.

assuming i pay full cash for a new car, that means next time rainy day, i will eat grass... sigh.. somemore got to plan for marriage...

3 things in a row........

Then dont buy lah... walao...

buy when you can afford it la...

↡ Advertisement