320i vs C200. Which is a better buy?

Teriyaki

Neutral Newbie

The lowest price 320i basic i got was also $105k.... but i wont consider.... manual aircon, manual everything, (luckily window is powered), not leather seats (its synthetic), basic stereo, everything very basic.

u are so right.. that puts me off.. ok..

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hahaha because they "forsee" those who want to buy 325 can AFFORD it

320/520 = bread & butter car -> every $1K also counts -> no xenon, no memory seat, synthetic leather, no nothing also OKAY.

325/525 = for BMW enthusiasts -> performance, specification and quality is upmost priority

anyway, it is how PML set their pricing model and target the buyer

ya lor.. i admit i cannot afford it.. that's why i'm only looking at cars around $110k.

frankly speaking, if i can afford, no other committments, i will buy 630

Neutral Newbie

if you really keen maybe you can PM me i see if my wife can slash somemore discount from PML for u :P like 3-6k no promise.

thanks bro.... [thumbsup]

S$105k for 320i professional???

The professional OMV is about $39k .... their margin is very very thin then.

C180 what i know of till now is $110K after fin booster..maybe can get another K off or ask for service credit.. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

C180 what i know of till now is $110K after fin booster..maybe can get another K off or ask for service credit.. [thumbsup]

actually what is service credit?

$110k is cheap and within my budget.. worst come to worst, i may end up buying C180 instead of C200

Edited by Teriyaki

(edited)

sigh, no second hand please, we had and heard a few horrible lemons already...

I was contemplating Honda Odyssey premium version too at abt $100K ... ha ha ha ... Saab 93 came to mind, test drove it, pretty good on the boil but interior stuff didn't seem to durable.

Anyway, s60 OMV is $35k+, pretty decent for a conti; am thinking abt the v50 2.0 too at $99.5k but guess that's really more of a jap car than the s60 is.

Volvo cars in terms of ride & interior don't have a slightest hints of Jap feel. I am puzzled why do u think V50 more of a Jap ? Interesting le

Edited by Busker888

actually what is service credit?

$110k is cheap and within my budget.. worst come to worst, i may end up buying C180 instead of C200

Can use for servicing...aka service vouchers

C180 at $110K is a very good price. Does it mean C200 will be ard $125K after fin booster? Can pls PM me your SE name and contact?

The 2.0 v50 engine is Mazda designed. But am not sure what else is jap [hur]

Bro looks like u hve to go test drive the 2 cars to see if they r similar...Proton aint Jap cars ?

i can count 6 german marques in the market....

1. Mercedes Benz

2. BMW

3. Audi

4. VW

5. Opel

6. Porsche

[:p]

dude, your 6 brands are rojak other than being conti, they are quite different. heh

especially no. 5 and no. 6

Neutral Newbie

Agree that both cars would be quite different in feel and drive - that's how volvo can afford to charge a premium over what mazda is charging.

It's just that although the feel is all different, the "heart" of the car is still a jap and if you are going to pay conti price, i just thought the car ought to be 100% conti; if not, then not shiok!! Same as mondeo, the 2.3L engine was used in mazda 6 and also in CX-7 (with a turbo added).

Agree that both cars would be quite different in feel and drive - that's how volvo can afford to charge a premium over what mazda is charging.

It's just that although the feel is all different, the "heart" of the car is still a jap and if you are going to pay conti price, i just thought the car ought to be 100% conti; if not, then not shiok!! Same as mondeo, the 2.3L engine was used in mazda 6 and also in CX-7 (with a turbo added).

Mazda/Volvo/Ford - all under PAG group (used to also include Jaguar, but no more) .... their weakest link is their engine. Ford/Mazda has one of the best expertise in chassis development... and Volvo, comfort and safety.... so their strength (of all these 3 marques) are chassis, suspension, safety and comfort. But sadly, their R&D in engine lags far behind the Germans (and even the japs like Toyota, Honda and Nissan).

Their auto gearbox also was their achilles heel,... but with the introduction of dual clutch Powershift (soon will be mated to Mazda and Ford petrol models as well) ,... they are catching up. But i still dont see any winner in their engine (Renesis on RX8 dont count as they are only for RX8).

VAG has their FSI

BMW has their IL6

Merc has their madness 6.3L AMG.... and their aerodynamics development is the best in the market... all their cars boast low drag coefficient (Cd) .. from A class to S class... Cd are all below 0.30 ... with new W212 E class' Cd at class leading 0.25, W204 C class Cd 0.27, W169 A class Cd 0.29.... etc.

Porsche has their H6

Toyota/Lexus ... their VVTi

Honda, their famous iVTEC

Nissan, their V6 3.5/3.7

So, you notice those marques without a good engine generally dont sell well....

Neutral Newbie

I agree with yr point of view; pretty evident on the cars running on SG roads.

I suppose that the engines in V50 (2.0) and S60 (2.0T) would technically be "not in the league" of what you had pointed out earlier.

Now, assuming that I've to choose either of these 2 cars (same px), from the point of "value for money" between these 2, which one should I pick, considering v50 is newer and s60 is end of life soon (if not already).

I agree with yr point of view; pretty evident on the cars running on SG roads.

I suppose that the engines in V50 (2.0) and S60 (2.0T) would technically be "not in the league" of what you had pointed out earlier.

Now, assuming that I've to choose either of these 2 cars (same px), from the point of "value for money" between these 2, which one should I pick, considering v50 is newer and s60 is end of life soon (if not already).

i dont know if S60 comes with powershift.... but if it does, S60 is not bad. V50 is using the same platform as Ford Focus MkII, so its a smaller car.

But if S60 does not come with powershift,... then go for V50 with powershift.... but seriously, neither are attractive.

for the same money, the Skoda Superb Elegance has everything except the badge.

↡ Advertisement