Battery for car remote control

Jsf777

I also buy 2-3 at one go coz you won't know that the battery may be weak. Anyway doesn't cost much.

I have a battery tester from amazon. Cheap. Bought it long ago coz I use a number of AA rechargeables.

611dW7md%2B4L._SY355_.jpg

I use it to check good or weak. Save me the trouble.

↡ Advertisement

wow... 5? I hope you are using the same battery for other purpose.... cos sitting at home for a couple of years waiting to be used also not good

Both my remote and my spare remote are only 1.5 year old and both batteries needed replacing liao. 

I swap both at the same time rather than have to put in the spare battery into the spare remote (in case when I'm in a rush).

Given this kinda dismal lifespan, i decided that just buy more cheap batteries (eveready) instead of buying a few energizers is more worth my trouble  [laugh] Even if it doesn't last long, it should be used up within the next few years.

i have the exact same one... [thumbsup] hahah... useful to test my rechargeables as well as to troubleshoot if it is device or dead battery that is the problem

I also buy 2-3 at one go coz you won't know that the battery may be weak. Anyway doesn't cost much.

I have a battery tester from amazon. Cheap. Bought it long ago coz I use a number of AA rechargeables.

611dW7md%2B4L._SY355_.jpg

I use it to check good or weak. Save me the trouble.

(edited)

I used to get warning message to change my remote battery on my cluster... can drag my feet for 1 full week before I got off my procrastinating butt to go buy....

this time the length of usable service from the hdb shop battery is not only short, it also just die without warning. I guess the quality is so bad that the battery charge just drop precipitously towards the end of it's lifespan, don't even give enough time for the car sensors to determine that it is time to change.

It may be better to store your spare battery in a cool dry and dark place. Heat and humidity is the main battery killer.

I just used the physical key hidden in the keyfob to manually lock my car for the first time since I owned the car... :D

I'm also using cr1632. I bought one spare n keep inside the car. In case no bat.

Edited by Vratenza

I look forward to swiss standard of living... 

Lol

Got this at Selfix..... Lazy to shop around..furthermore they had me at 'Swiss Made'  siol....  :XD:

post-24957-0-60668800-1468477383_thumb.jpg

post-24957-0-75023500-1468477402_thumb.jpg

Supersonic
(edited)

If you use a lot of CR1632, you can buy renata from aliexpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-10pcs-lot-Renata-CR1632-3V-LITHIUM-Button-Battery-Batteries-MADE-IN-SWISS-with-Free/32608787940.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_1_10056_10037_10055_10049_10017_405_404_407_10032_10040,searchweb201603_1&btsid=30a7c7fc-ed21-4a38-8a21-3884761a781c

and keep the rest for spares.

CR - lithium 3V

16 - nominal diameter 16mm

32 - nominal height 3.2mm, usually refer to capacity

On some devices, you may substitue with higher or lower capacity battery by pushing the centre pin downwards or upwards if space permits.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I look forward to swiss standard of living... 

Lol

Got this at Selfix..... Lazy to shop around..furthermore they had me at 'Swiss Made'  siol....  :XD:

eh man, that's what i paid for 5 batteries  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:

actually i paid 4 dollars for 5 mitsubishi ones.

Edited by Lala81

Yeah I know.. :ouch-it-hurts: ...I paid $4 for HDB shop one (made in Indonesia Panasonic) last year and I get sudden death... so I hope the swiss made one can give me more mileage.

Might order 2 from Qoo10 for backup along with some other button batteries for my kid's toy stuff while I am at it :D

eh man, that's what i paid for 5 batteries  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:

actually i paid 4 dollars for 5 mitsubishi ones.

(edited)

Update you guys.  [;)]

Changed out my old battery to the renata one AND i thought all will be good for another 1.5 to 2 years...

Tried the keyfob and it gave me the same problem!

Initially I thought they sold me a dud battery. Having faith with Swiss chocolate making country,  I decided maybe is my keyfob itself that might be the problem. 

So I opened it up again for closer inspection and troubleshooting. Turned out that it is the battery housing (which is independent of the springed contact)  is loose. So my semi permanent fix is to use some bandaging tape to slide and hold the housing back to it's original factory position. 

Tested again a couple of times and it is confirmed problem solved. 

Post here so that people looking for solution for their keyfob not working despite changing fresh batteries. You might want to try looking out for this possible cause if you don't fancy spending hundreds for a new one at the AD.  :grin:

post-24957-0-89095300-1468624246_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 2

Update you guys.  [;)]

Changed out my old battery to the renata one AND i thought all will be good for another 1.5 to 2 years...

Initially I thought they sold me a dud battery. Having faith with Swiss chocolate making country,  I decided maybe is my keyfob itself that might be the problem. 

So I opened it up again for closer inspection and troubleshooting. Turned out that it is the battery housing (which is independent of the springed contact)  is loose. So my semi permanent fix is to use some bandaging tape to slide and hold the housing back to it's original factory position. 

Post here so that people looking for solution for their keyfob not working despite changing fresh batteries. You might want to try looking out for this possible cause if you don't fancy spending hundreds for a new one at the AD.  :grin:

whoaaa...good info

but the elites here, normally if car key spoil, they change car le :XD:  :XD:

Gd am buddy

• Praise 1

Morning morning! 

Of course... That goes without saying!  :D

Interim measure before their indented top spec limited edition road machine arrive in a few months time mah [grin]

whoaaa...good info

but the elites here, normally if car key spoil, they change car le :XD:  :XD:

Gd am buddy

Morning morning! 

Of course... That goes without saying!  :D

Interim measure before their indented top spec limited edition road machine arrive in a few months time mah [grin]

hahhaha.....so when yours cumming? hahahha

After I collect my CPF.... Cannot let the prc xmm gassak my hard earn CPF ok... 

:D

hahhaha.....so when yours cumming? hahahha

After I collect my CPF.... Cannot let the prc xmm gassak my hard earn CPF ok... 

:D

lol...@spring taught you well..that cheeky DOM... :grin:  :grin:  :a-m1524:

Update you guys.  [;)]

Thanks Bro @Vratenza :)

• Praise 1

Twincharged

If you use a lot of CR1632, you can buy renata from aliexpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-10pcs-lot-Renata-CR1632-3V-LITHIUM-Button-Battery-Batteries-MADE-IN-SWISS-with-Free/32608787940.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_1_10056_10037_10055_10049_10017_405_404_407_10032_10040,searchweb201603_1&btsid=30a7c7fc-ed21-4a38-8a21-3884761a781c

and keep the rest for spares.

CR - lithium 3V

16 - nominal diameter 16mm

32 - nominal height 3.2mm, usually refer to capacity

On some devices, you may substitue with higher or lower capacity battery by pushing the centre pin downwards or upwards if space permits.

Orig or Chiong renata? Orig renata is good stuff.

Update you guys. [;)]

Initially I thought they sold me a dud battery. Having faith with Swiss chocolate making country, I decided maybe is my keyfob itself that might be the problem.

So I opened it up again for closer inspection and troubleshooting. Turned out that it is the battery housing (which is independent of the springed contact) is loose. So my semi permanent fix is to use some bandaging tape to slide and hold the housing back to it's original factory position.

Post here so that people looking for solution for their keyfob not working despite changing fresh batteries. You might want to try looking out for this possible cause if you don't fancy spending hundreds for a new one at the AD. :grin:

Or buy a new case from taobao. Cheap cheap and more than good enough.