Medical insurance (private vs medisave)

Mkl22

new age band and also company could have high claim last year.

I heard partly medisave portion increase more.

yah lor

anyway i more than recoup hahahahha....monthly my bills $1k plus, ALL FOC

AOR is Acceptance of Risk, usually signed when patient or family decides to discharge against medical advice.

In the Govt Hospitals, they are so chronically short of beds that each morning after the ward rounds, the consultants will be trying their darnest to discharge patient rather than to clog up the beds. Thankfully our medical system do not have the level of cover backside seen in the west...yet.

The charges from a day's stay  with all the plus plus, was eye-popping. Thank goodness for the private medical insurance. Just hoped that others would not "waste"  the insurance and drive up the premiums.

The staff wanted another day or two stay to "observe" other minor things not related to the cause of hospitalisation (more like cover their own backside and waste hospital beds when beds are scarce). "No!" I said, signed the aor (or was it the ado??) for the discharge. Saved the money for the insurance provider sounds stupid? But I think of it as one less day stayed in hospital one less chance of medical staff error and catching some infection.

yah lor

anyway i more than recoup hahahahha....monthly my bills $1k plus, ALL FOC

please tell us your insurance company, and we'll avoid joining  [laugh]

AOR is Acceptance of Risk, usually signed when patient or family decides to discharge against medical advice.

In the Govt Hospitals, they are so chronically short of beds that each morning after the ward rounds, the consultants will be trying their darnest to discharge patient rather than to clog up the beds. Thankfully our medical system do not have the level of cover backside seen in the west...yet.

AKAN DATANG ... 

Actually with the modified Montgomery judgement, it has already arrived on our shores.

Edited by Lala81

True, but isn't it what the lay people (or rather the lawyers) have been asking for?

My comment for the lay person is: Be very careful what you wish for.

My comment for the lawyers is: Enjoy your lambo/ferrari!

please tell us your insurance company, and we'll avoid joining  [laugh]

AKAN DATANG ... 

Actually with the modified Montgomery judgement, it has already arrived on our shores.

• Praise 1

yeah.

cover my ass medicine has truly arrived  [;)]

Or locally, "not my pasar" medical care has arrived

I would add something about the judiciary but it may breach the law lol.

True, but isn't it what the lay people (or rather the lawyers) have been asking for?

My comment for the lay person is: Be very careful what you wish for.

My comment for the lawyers is: Enjoy your lambo/ferrari!

Edited by Lala81

You went up to new age band?

nope ... 5 more years till the next band.

the increase is due to the Max Essential going up by leaps and bounds !!

very hard to get 100% coverage nowadays

Twincharged

nope ... 5 more years till the next band.

the increase is due to the Max Essential going up by leaps and bounds !!

very hard to get 100% coverage nowadays

I think all insurers increasing their price. Even Prudential also. For Prudential, only those that never claim get 10% discount. Those that got claims, their premiums will be higher for next few years depending on how much they claim. 

I think all insurers increasing their price. Even Prudential also. For Prudential, only those that never claim get 10% discount. Those that got claims, their premiums will be higher for next few years depending on how much they claim. 

that's what my agent told me ...

anyway, i would agree if the car insurance and hospital insurance are the same.

got claim then increase, no claim, then give discount.

but in my case, bo tai bo chi no claim also up double !!?? really eat me until die die !!

Edited by Ysc3

I'm on NTUC enhanced incomeshield. Which with an assist Rider still have to copay 10% (capped to about 3k/year). Cos i can forsee when u get really old like 70-80 years old, the yearly premiums are not to be scoffed at.

Right now already is high 4 digit sums yearly at that age.

So to me, the copayment scheme is more likely to endure longer without a huge markup in premiums.

Most people never really thought about this when they signed up.

I'm on NTUC enhanced incomeshield. Which with an assist Rider still have to copay 10% (capped to about 3k/year). Cos i can forsee when u get really old like 70-80 years old, the yearly premiums are not to be scoffed at.

So to me, the copayment scheme is more likely to endure longer without a huge markup in premiums.

i also opt for copay with prud, but the premium only about $100 or less.

whatever plan you have signed for, keep it and try not to switch insurance company. Otherwise, your illness could be labeled as "pre existing conditions" when you try to claim.  

If you have to switch, do it when you are young and healthy.

• Praise 2

whatever plan you have signed for, keep it and try not to switch insurance company. Otherwise, your illness could be labeled as "pre existing conditions" when you try to claim.  

If you have to switch, do it when you are young and healthy.

yup, i can't switch already. haha

The charges from a day's stay  with all the plus plus, was eye-popping. Thank goodness for the private medical insurance. Just hoped that others would not "waste"  the insurance and drive up the premiums.

The staff wanted another day or two stay to "observe" other minor things not related to the cause of hospitalisation (more like cover their own backside and waste hospital beds when beds are scarce). "No!" I said, signed the aor (or was it the ado??) for the discharge. Saved the money for the insurance provider sounds stupid? But I think of it as one less day stayed in hospital one less chance of medical staff error and catching some infection.

wa u damn brave ah..just a tot next time u wanna AOR again..

Private hospital :  they don't want you to stay too long..esp when u can be discharge (medically).. coz they earned more $$$ from those come in (test la, diagnostic la etc).. meaning bill size tapers off..

Public Hospitals : they damn full that they will discharge you when you are medically fit to be discharged

for you this event.. basically the clinicians in their professional judgment believes that you are not medically fit to be discharged.

I can only say don't play play ... end up pray pray

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 2

i also opt for copay with prud, but the premium only about $100 or less.

yeah i did do a lot of thinking about this when i signed up for it in 2008. 

I can recall that at that very elderly juncture, with copayment NTUC would be around 4000-5000 dollars/year while other plans were easily 7000-8000

eh you same as me hor....im on Enhanced incomeshield too hahah

my monthly immunosuppressants and Antihypertensives aso FOC for life.....

luckily i changed before I had my onset that time in 2003

eh you same as me hor....im on Enhanced incomeshield too hahah

my monthly immunosuppressants and Antihypertensives aso FOC for life.....

luckily i changed before I had my onset that time in 2003

wah  [bigcry]  -_-

↡ Advertisement