Medical insurance (private vs medisave)

Mkl22

eh you same as me hor....im on Enhanced incomeshield too hahah

my monthly immunosuppressants and Antihypertensives aso FOC for life.....

luckily i changed before I had my onset that time in 2003

I thought all those CPF whatever enhance shield plan are for Hospitalization and Surgical. i.e only hospitalization or treatmeant that requires surgery then  can claim, and up to 3 months of consultation and medicine after discharged or sugery.  Didn't know can claim for life.

Unless  visit A&E to get warded every time prescription about to finish.. [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I thought all those CPF whatever enhance shield plan are for Hospitalization and Surgical. i.e only hospitalization or treatmeant that requires surgery then  can claim, and up to 3 months of consultation and medicine after discharged or sugery.  Didn't know can claim for life.

Unless  visit A&E to get warded every time prescription about to finish.. [laugh]  [laugh]

his one is special category under transplants/cancer medication i think.

Not any normal visit can claim one.

Those all coverage one is quite expensive, the rider is like high hundreds to few k per year depending on your age.

Edited by Lala81

I thought all those CPF whatever enhance shield plan are for Hospitalization and Surgical. i.e only hospitalization or treatmeant that requires surgery then can claim, and up to 3 months of consultation and medicine after discharged or sugery. Didn't know can claim for life.

Unless visit A&E to get warded every time prescription about to finish.. [laugh][laugh]

Mine under the renal chronic disease

So dialysis last time too I co pay 10%, employee paid for that so my dialysis was free too

Go read my theed on this to educate ppl

Now my coverage no limit for life on the drugs that I take for life

I really lucky I changed my plan when I had the chance to

My last 2 visits to hospital w pneumonia recently all foc one

Well let's look at it this way. My finances are the least of my worries then. However, would you want to be in my shoes where I hang on a limb and line? I know my days are shortened so my approach is wayyy different

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

Do it for your loved ones at least

• Praise 4

his one is special category under transplants/cancer medication i think.

Not any normal visit can claim one.

Those all coverage one is quite expensive, the rider is like high hundreds to few k per year depending on your age.

Mine so far FOC and all thru medisave

No need for riders I feel for me

I ain't gonna live that long anyway

Mine so far FOC and all thru medisave

No need for riders I feel for me

I ain't gonna live that long anyway

sounds like a good excuse to change car!  [thumbsup]

Mine under the renal chronic disease

So dialysis last time too I co pay 10%, employee paid for that so my dialysis was free too

Go read my theed on this to educate ppl

Now my coverage no limit for life on the drugs that I take for life

I really lucky I changed my plan when I had the chance to

My last 2 visits to hospital w pneumonia recently all foc one

Well let's look at it this way. My finances are the least of my worries then. However, would you want to be in my shoes where I hang on a limb and line? I know my days are shortened so my approach is wayyy different

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

Do it for your loved ones at least

Your plan is different from the our normal ones. Really made the right choice to switch to this super enhanced plan.. 

Twincharged

that's what my agent told me ...

anyway, i would agree if the car insurance and hospital insurance are the same.

got claim then increase, no claim, then give discount.

but in my case, bo tai bo chi no claim also up double !!?? really eat me until die die !!

Some company choose to increase the premiums for all their policyholders by a fixed amount. So all increase by the same amount. End up those that never claim get penalised.

i also opt for copay with prud, but the premium only about $100 or less.

Pru got new one. If stay private, got co-pay but cap at $5k. Stay govt hospital, no co-pay.

Some company choose to increase the premiums for all their policyholders by a fixed amount. So all increase by the same amount. End up those that never claim get penalised.

I think this is far assuming the claim was not due to pre-existing illnesses. Otherwise what's the point of insurance if you can only really claim once? After you claim that 1 time (assuming it's a big sum), the insurer raises the premiums so high that the insurance becomes unaffordable for you anyway.

That being said, doubling of the premium seems a bit crazy! Their actuary must have been sleeping when the first set the premiums.

Edited by Kusje

Twincharged

I think this is far assuming the claim was not due to pre-existing illnesses. Otherwise what's the point of insurance if you can only really claim once? After you claim that 1 time (assuming it's a big sum), the insurer raises the premiums so high that the insurance becomes unaffordable for you anyway.

That being said, doubling of the premium seems a bit crazy! Their actuary must have been sleeping when the first set the premiums.

No la. The prudential one is they have 5 tiers of premiums. So no claim is first tier. Then never claim for certain number of years will get 10% discount. Then the more you claim the higher tier you are. But every year that you don't claim you will drop one tier. So won't become too expensive and it prevents people from claiming excessively. Its because of these people who anyhow claim thats why all the insurers raising the premiums. As far as I know, because of this, the increase in premiums for prudential shield plan is the lowest among all the insurers already assuming you never claim.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 2

No la. The prudential one is they have 5 tiers of premiums. So no claim is first tier. Then never claim for certain number of years will get 10% discount. Then the more you claim the higher tier you are. But every year that you don't claim you will drop one tier. So won't become too expensive and it prevents people from claiming excessively. Its because of these people who anyhow claim thats why all the insurers raising the premiums. As far as I know, because of this, the increase in premiums for prudential shield plan is the lowest among all the insurers already assuming you never claim.

I agree that should be the way
  • Praise 1

yup, i can't switch already. haha

i am stuck too ... only option is for me to downgrade to co-payment ... so got to think carefully.

just came back from hospital barely 2 weeks ago coz of a family member. all i want to say when i admit him into hospital, my thinking is, wah heng i got him medical insurance 6mths ago.

cannot go private ward, at least go ward B i not worried

was prudent of me to sign my father up too .... these past 4 years he has been in and out of hospital for many times .... if not for the policy i bought for him, i think the fees enough to buy a Cat B car liow !!

Twincharged

Talking about Prudential, have anyone take part in the " my DNA " program ? 

Simi lai de ? 

Its some health report based on your DNA lo. Tell you  based on your DNA what you should be eating more of/what you are sensitive to and all that. Can get it free with certain plans you buy.

• Praise 1

wa u damn brave ah..just a tot next time u wanna AOR again..

Private hospital :  they don't want you to stay too long..esp when u can be discharge (medically).. coz they earned more $$$ from those come in (test la, diagnostic la etc).. meaning bill size tapers off..

Public Hospitals : they damn full that they will discharge you when you are medically fit to be discharged

for you this event.. basically the clinicians in their professional judgment believes that you are not medically fit to be discharged.

I can only say don't play play ... end up pray pray

My post might exude bravado, but there was no play or bravado involved in that decision.

Staff chitchatting amongst themselves during medication issue. Bubble in iv and nonchalant about it. Alcohol swabbing is suspect when doing iv. And the reason by the doctor to advise extension of stay to observe, is a silly non-issue that would not even permit admission in the first place (i.e. cover his backside - anyway not his problem if there are no beds and not his money involved). Balancing the risks, better to get discharged or risk infection, wrong meds, etc. And save a hefty sum for the insurer along the way.

Pru got new one. If stay private, got co-pay but cap at $5k. Stay govt hospital, no co-pay.

Pru really got this new clause? It is apply to all plans? Needs to co-pay if stay private?

Talking about Prudential, have anyone take part in the " my DNA " program ? 

Simi lai de ? 

Just to prove you are from  human origin  [grin]   :a-fun:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9