Medical insurance (private vs medisave)

Mkl22

My agent told me take the pte one lah

What for take the govt hospital one

Just like $50 more per year

Then show me claim of a Pinoy guy, just come sg work 1 year, claim serious donno what illness like cancer

I was thinking sooner or later your pte hospital insurance sure shoot up jialat jialat

Indeed it came true

↡ Advertisement

My agent told me take the pte one lah

What for take the govt hospital one

Just like $50 more per year

Then show me claim of a Pinoy guy, just come sg work 1 year, claim serious donno what illness like cancer

I was thinking sooner or later your pte hospital insurance sure shoot up jialat jialat

Indeed it came true

Not true, the base deduction from medisave for private A1 ward is also much higher than basic medishield life or B1 plans. I am assuming you are referring to the cash outlay for the rider portion.

For real emergency or life threatening cases, government hospitals still ok, not like it's so bad.

Not true, the base deduction from medisave for private A1 ward is also much higher than basic medishield life or B1 plans. I am assuming you are referring to the cash outlay for the rider portion.

For real emergency or life threatening cases, government hospitals still ok, not like it's so bad.

I mean the best govt hospitalization plan vs the lowest pte hospitalization plan

Twincharged

I think the difference in premiums will depend on age.

I mean the best govt hospitalization plan vs the lowest pte hospitalization plan

Yes, base medisave deduction is also different.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

got a cold call from a Manulife advisor ... wante dto sell me CI policy.

told him already bought one long time ago ... and when he wanted to meet up, i told him i have conditions and claim experience.

then he asked me what and i told him i have diabetes .... and he told me i can claim from my CI insurer already .... ??

i called another agent and asked him if so and then he told me not for diabetes but for complications arising from diabetes only.

very disappointed with Manulife !! 

told him already bought one long time ago ... and when he wanted to meet up, i told him i have conditions and claim experience.

then he asked me what and i told him i have diabetes .... and he told me i can claim from my CI insurer already .... ??

i called another agent and asked him if so and then he told me not for diabetes but for complications arising from diabetes only.

some agents just shoot from their mouth without knowing anything, you can ask him to indemnify you if your insurance company dun pay out, see what he say [laugh]
  • Dislike 1

Agent is like that one

My 18 year old prudential ilp lose 7k

She say impossible, must be got withdrawal

Then I transfer it to her so that she can see

(She was not the one that sold it to me)

Then she realize it is true

Then say just treat it as protection lor

If anything happen, the payout will be much more than thr premiums

Now I tell people: buy saf term and put inside cpf

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Hi, 

Diabetes can only apply for death benefit. Loading will be apply. No CI coverage. TPD may be or may not. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Agent is like that one

My 18 year old prudential ilp lose 7k

She say impossible, must be got withdrawal

Then I transfer it to her so that she can see

(She was not the one that sold it to me)

Then she realize it is true

Then say just treat it as protection lor

If anything happen, the payout will be much more than thr premiums

Now I tell people: buy saf term and put inside cpf

For insurance, juz buy Term Life and forget all those BS investment link crap. No one gets rich by buying insurance.

Except the agent.

• Praise 3

For insurance, juz buy Term Life and forget all those BS investment link crap. No one gets rich by buying insurance.

Except the agent.

Wasted 7k over 18 years

Now all those insurance people come, I ask them go away (来者不善)

The only insurance people that don't come one and I have to go look for them one is saf group term insurance (善者不来)

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 4

just came back from hospital barely 2 weeks ago coz of a family member. all i want to say when i admit him into hospital, my thinking is, wah heng i got him medical insurance 6mths ago.

cannot go private ward, at least go ward B i not worried

• Praise 3

The charges from a day's stay  with all the plus plus, was eye-popping. Thank goodness for the private medical insurance. Just hoped that others would not "waste"  the insurance and drive up the premiums.

The staff wanted another day or two stay to "observe" other minor things not related to the cause of hospitalisation (more like cover their own backside and waste hospital beds when beds are scarce). "No!" I said, signed the aor (or was it the ado??) for the discharge. Saved the money for the insurance provider sounds stupid? But I think of it as one less day stayed in hospital one less chance of medical staff error and catching some infection.

• Praise 1

The charges from a day's stay with all the plus plus, was eye-popping. Thank goodness for the private medical insurance. Just hoped that others would not "waste" the insurance and drive up the premiums.

The staff wanted another day or two stay to "observe" other minor things not related to the cause of hospitalisation (more like cover their own backside and waste hospital beds when beds are scarce). "No!" I said, signed the aor (or was it the ado??) for the discharge. Saved the money for the insurance provider sounds stupid? But I think of it as one less day stayed in hospital one less chance of medical staff error and catching some infection.

All along my family have govt hospital ward A insurance with rider

Then agent wanted to intro me Pte hospital one

Say just marginally more than govt hospital plan

Give me real life example of one Pinoy chap come to sg less than 2 years admit for tongue cancer or something likes this

Go donno what Pte hospital claim donno what bug amount

I hear already straight away I say no to Pte hospital insurance

I say: that guy come from donno where one, you all don't check his health anyhow let him in one meh? Within 2 years can get tongue cancer no symptoms one meh

I am not going to contribute to this crap

I say no way

damn !!

i just got my AIA premium notice renewal letter for 100% coverage ...

2 years ago it was $450 .... last year went up to $581 ... this year went up to a whopping $894 !!

my cash premiums doubled within two years !!! and have not made a claim yet ... any other insurers shot up like this ?

damn !!

2 years ago it was $450 .... last year went up to $581 ... this year went up to a whopping $894 !!

my cash premiums doubled within two years !!! and have not made a claim yet ... any other insurers shot up like this ?

check the age ranges pricing

it goes higher with age.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

damn !!

You went up to new age band?

↡ Advertisement