Toyota Voxy/Noah/Esquire

Kungfu

The Noah is massive.. the backdoor is HuGE too.. reverse parking with a wall means not possible to open door

It's in between the size of estima and wish. Not that massive and definitely way smaller than vellfire. It kind of narrow, tall and long.

The backdoor doesn't have tailgate unlike estima to avoid unnecessary accidents. What's interesting is the 2nd row is so spacious that you wouldn't even need to use the boot for minor purchases or groceries.

There's a review on Noah in sgcarmart. It's essentially the same engine and feel as a voxy. I have not seen any 2014 noah or voxys on the road yet!

Wish the Ownee of the noah could come in and provide more updates since its been a few months since he drove the car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

agree there. To say its massive is an overstatement. i drove a naoh once and finds the drive the usual jap mpv norm with no frills and thrills.

noah i would say its a premium version of a voxy with better looking trim and accessories.

agree there. To say its massive is an overstatement. i drove a naoh once and finds the drive the usual jap mpv norm with no frills and thrills.

noah i would say its a premium version of a voxy with better looking trim and accessories.

Check out difference between 2014 Noah and Voxy interior here.

http://carnews.beforward.jp/searchs/detail/entry_id=215616

Noah comes in executive beige for its interiors.

Voxy comes in sporty orange (for ZS models) and also usual black/blue tinge (although not shown in the link).

Really more atas feel would be the Esquire. Will probably take another 6 months to reach our shores here since it was just launched in Japan. Expect it to be more expensive though. I suspect Estima line may not be continued in Japan. Esquire likely to replace the Estima.

http://carnews.beforward.jp/searchs/detail/entry_id=238778

Still waiting for the 2014 Noah / Voxy Owners to come in and provide reviews!

Edited by Petamore

Check out difference between 2014 Noah and Voxy interior here.

http://carnews.beforward.jp/searchs/detail/entry_id=215616

Noah comes in executive beige for its interiors.

Voxy comes in sporty orange (for ZS models) and also usual black/blue tinge (although not shown in the link).

Really more atas feel would be the Esquire. Will probably take another 6 months to reach our shores here since it was just launched in Japan. Expect it to be more expensive though. I suspect Estima line may not be continued in Japan. Esquire likely to replace the Estima.

http://carnews.beforward.jp/searchs/detail/entry_id=238778

Still waiting for the 2014 Noah / Voxy Owners to come in and provide reviews!

Been driving a Noah since May 2014. Probably one of the first owners in SG.

I reached my first 10K in early Dec & fuel consumpiton now 13 - 14 km per litre with fully synthetic engine oil...bloody amazing, consdiering i was getting 12km per ltre with my old ride Isis (retired at 130Km)

so far experince has been great, if your are coming from a Wish, Isis (1.8litre) carlike me, i say everything's changed in terms of ride experience. The suspension is clearly different. ride is really comfortable.(for me at least) ..i could go on...can't fault this ride so far.

Outside of an unimpressive PI i purchased from , i say the car has been a really postivie experience

(i dunno who you should buy it from but i certainly can tell you who to avoid!

BTW i ended up with the dual power sliding doors version....my greatest regret probably not getting the Sports edition (SI) with the moon roof......sniff sniff...

in retrospect, the PI i got from cludeless....just wanted to deal...

The car itself shares the same engine (3ZAR-FE) as the new harrier,,,,i can see quiet a few on the roads in SG already more than the Noah for sure)

http://toyota.jp/harrier/003_p_001/spec/spec/gasoline/2wd/

http://www2.toyota.co.jp/en/news/14/01/0120.html

I am actually on holiday in JP,plenty of Noah & Voxy(old generation & new geneartion) on the roads. Other common MPVs i see are the Honda step wagon & also Nissan Serana.

For some reason, 2.4litre not too common although among the most common i see here alphard & vellfire..a few Elgrands. I am in SOuth Japan (kysuhu) btw so maybe not representative of East Japan (Tokyo) area

anyways happy to take questions. I have seen the Esquire in the flesh...unless you are after better internal; trim, i settle for the Noah SI of course..

I dun really like the front grill of the Esquire..ok anyways happy new year all...happy hunting

Last link...this one is a workshop that does TRD fittings..enjoy the pics...maybe you need to like before being able to acess their album

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.805477036147068.1073741846.182744728420305&type=3

Thanks for the details.

Yes you are definitely one of the first Noah on the road. Till now I have not seen a single Noah or Voxy.

Agree on si model looking better. But it would cost 3k more. You are lucky to pay a lower coe then. It has gone up now. Yes these cars are selling like hot cakes in Japan. So far, not aware of any PIs selling the new stepwagon or Serena. Probably all no guts to bring in due to the boxy shapes. Generally not popular with Asian other than the Japanese.

1. I've read about some Japanese owners complaining about road noise especially at back of the boot. True?

2. Pity they couldn't bring in the default 10 inch alpine head unit. It fits so well in the car.

3. What petrol to pump to achieve the 14km per litre?

4. Engine shut off function during traffic light, fuel efficient but retarded move off?

5. Aircon vents from roof placed along all 3 rows of seats serving well?

6. Driver feels high like a typical SUV? Low step on so any issues with going over humps?

7. Car is 1.825m. Have you entered any 1.8 to 1.9 m heigh carparks and survived?

Thanks.

Hi sorry for a delayed replyy just got back from a chilly Japan.

Ok let me see if i can help with some of your questions

I've read about some Japanese owners complaining about road noise especially at back of the boot. True?

I personally not noticed this noise, . I am using my old amp & speakers in this ride & du to the cavernous interior, the acoutics are simply Great!

2. Pity they couldn't bring in the default 10 inch alpine head unit. It fits so well in the car.

I dropped by an autobacs in Japan...alpine is the leading brand there & appears they do make specific units to exact fir the particular model...i have this link for the noah...do note the package (not really sure what it contained for the noah was about 250,000 yen ...probably best to buy n ship seperately else it attract the ridiculous duty for the car too

http://www.alpine.co.jp/recommended_plan/?maker=toyota&car=noah_h26

i use 95 now but am tempted to go back to 92 (Isis was using this)

from what i understand Japan has only Regular & Premium...Their regular is RON 89 or 90 based on wiki.

Toyota recommends regular & above...anyways no rush for me to downgrade the pump prices have been kinder recenttly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

4. Engine shut off function during traffic light, fuel efficient but retarded move off?

I drive in ECO mode & not aggressively at all. i am usually not the first off the traffic light but not the last.

the start stop is quick. i think the main contibutor to retarded move off probably the CVT.

I was driving a Toyota Liteace Noah for approx 1500km (very old generation one) no CVT when i started my car this morningi did feel a difference the

but after a while got used to it agin. The CVT is smooth n quiet....it has its springing moments.

It's using the Super CVT & believe if you want to get more opinons read the new Harrier thread...more users there...i mean techinically both cars have identical engines & gearboxes...so ride experience should be pretty outside the aestethics & exterio design rim size etc

no complaints so far, i usually keep the aircon behind off, the front aircon responsive n control is pretty goldilocks for me (not too hot or too cold) Isis temp control not too good

6. Driver feels high like a typical SUV? Low step on so any issues with going over humps?

none to date. i am itching to add some modelista body kit accessories though that may cause scrapes on the krebs ;-)

7. Car is 1.825m. Have you entered any 1.8 to 1.9 m heigh carparks and survived?

i go anything higher that 1.85...no probs so far.

again i am itching to change to 17inch rims n this should lower the ride somewhat...

BTW, i paid heaps for my COE...the only saviour was that my old ride depreciated at $2,400 a year over 5 years!! (based on the trade in)

not sure if i hung on to it longer will the trade in be healthy yes the downside is exorbitant COE....but i enjoy the ride much much more than the old car..n the missus n kids love it too so no worries.

if you are in the neighbourhood (m in the east), happy for a meet up (probably early Feb) after a 3 week holiday, need to catch up with tonnes of email lar ;-)

Thanks for the details.

Yes you are definitely one of the first Noah on the road. Till now I have not seen a single Noah or Voxy.

Agree on si model looking better. But it would cost 3k more. You are lucky to pay a lower coe then. It has gone up now. Yes these cars are selling like hot cakes in Japan. So far, not aware of any PIs selling the new stepwagon or Serena. Probably all no guts to bring in due to the boxy shapes. Generally not popular with Asian other than the Japanese.

1. I've read about some Japanese owners complaining about road noise especially at back of the boot. True?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Any owners here?

There is a auto high beam button. What does it do? Car will auto sense the need to high beam? How does it know when to high beam?

Also there is a inbuilt camera beside the rear view mirror and also a microphone. Is this for video recording of the road? How do I access the recordings?

The "dual front" button on the aircon control panel means what? Double the fan speed? I dun feel any fan speed difference

Thanks in advance

Edited by mpv_lover

Any owners here?

There is a auto high beam button. What does it do? Car will auto sense the need to high beam? How does it know when to high beam?

Also there is a inbuilt camera beside the rear view mirror and also a microphone. Is this for video recording of the road? How do I access the recordings?

The "dual front" button on the aircon control panel means what? Double the fan speed? I dun feel any fan speed difference

Thanks in advance

Seems you voxy/Noah has quite good specs - congrats.

Can just answer two

1) auto high beam function - allow driver to leave the headlight stalk to permanent high beam position, the light will auto high beam when its safe (eg very dark roads, no nearby on coming car).

Find it not v useful in SG roads - as I cant high beam intermittently when I want to. However, find it useful in certain part of NS highway where you can see the auto high beam function automatically work repeatedly.

2) Dual front means allow you to set different required aircon temperature between driver and passenger (fan speed usually is similar).

Seems you voxy/Noah has quite good specs - congrats.

Can just answer two

1) auto high beam function - allow driver to leave the headlight stalk to permanent high beam position, the light will auto high beam when its safe (eg very dark roads, no nearby on coming car).

Find it not v useful in SG roads - as I cant high beam intermittently when I want to. However, find it useful in certain part of NS highway where you can see the auto high beam function automatically work repeatedly.

2) Dual front means allow you to set different required aircon temperature between driver and passenger (fan speed usually is similar).

Thanks. I'm driving the esquire. Still can't figure out how to configure or access the inbuilt camera and mic.

Any esquire owners can help advise please?

Can advise how to see the fuel consumption?

My previous wish can see xxkm per litre On the dashboard. can only see odo and trip a/b for this

Thanks. I'm driving the esquire. Still can't figure out how to configure or access the inbuilt camera and mic.

Any esquire owners can help advise please?

Hi I'm thinking of getting the Esquire as well. Which PI did you get from? What's the freebies and price? :)

Hi I'm thinking of getting the Esquire as well. Which PI did you get from? What's the freebies and price? :)

Got from a pi in toh guan. Price u can check sgcarmart. Does nor differs much.

There is no such things as freebies I think... all of them said come with Hu. .Camera and sensors. Mine comes with vkool also.

Managed to negotiate for 3m superior grade mat

Can advise how to see the fuel consumption?

My previous wish can see xxkm per litre On the dashboard. can only see odo and trip a/b for this

So you upgraded from Wish?

I'm looking at replacing my wish (due jan 16) too...

Can share any major differences (both good and bad) betw the two vehicles?

Any pictures to share of the interior and exterior?

So you upgraded from Wish?

I'm looking at replacing my wish (due jan 16) too...

Can share any major differences (both good and bad) betw the two vehicles?

Any pictures to share of the interior and exterior?

So many things are much better than wish. Can write essay. Think u can go read users reviews on sgcarmart.

Both in terms of space and functions. Heaven and earth difference. Was happy to bid farewell to the wish.. a Def upgrade.

Of course u can consider other similar cars like biante. Not trying to be fan boy and I believe no one like fanboyism. I have done quite a comprehensive research on all mpv sold here and decided to go for this model based on my needs and budget

Got from a pi in toh guan. Price u can check sgcarmart. Does nor differs much.

There is no such things as freebies I think... all of them said come with Hu. .Camera and sensors. Mine comes with vkool also.

Managed to negotiate for 3m superior grade mat

i also saw the esquire and quite impressed, list price ard $150k plus plus.....ur esquire has cruise control or not ?

so hows the pick up so far , im v attracted to Esquire but i thot Noah/voxy looks gd too...

may i ask y u choose esquire over noah ?? thank u

i also saw the esquire and quite impressed, list price ard $150k plus plus.....ur esquire has cruise control or not ?

so hows the pick up so far , im v attracted to Esquire but i thot Noah/voxy looks gd too...

may i ask y u choose esquire over noah ?? thank u

I like boxy mpv. The more boxy the better. tall and boxy and big is my cup of tea.

Esquire cos of the executive look. The interior also more luxurious than noah and voxy. Esquire Ard 5k more.

Cruise control yes.

Can someone let me know if the Voxy 1.8 version a older model? Do all the 3 model - Voxy, Noah & esquire have 1.8 version too?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11638

Thanks

Based on my research 1.8 are the hybrid model. It's slightly cheaper than the 2.

By the way the 1.8 looks a bit different from 2 on the front panel.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1