Toyota Voxy/Noah/Esquire

Kungfu

Hi, Can share why chose this vs Mazda Bente?

I like boxy mpv. The more boxy the better. tall and boxy and big is my cup of tea.

Esquire cos of the executive look. The interior also more luxurious than noah and voxy. Esquire Ard 5k more.

Cruise control yes.

Based on my research 1.8 are the hybrid model. It's slightly cheaper than the 2.

By the way the 1.8 looks a bit different from 2 on the front panel.

Hi, Can share why chose this vs Mazda Bente?

I like boxy mpv. The more boxy the better. tall and boxy and big is my cup of tea.

Esquire cos of the executive look. The interior also more luxurious than noah and voxy. Esquire Ard 5k more.

Cruise control yes.

Based on my research 1.8 are the hybrid model. It's slightly cheaper than the 2.

By the way the 1.8 looks a bit different from 2 on the front panel.

to qualify first that this is solely my personal preference. Not saying esquire is a better option than biante for others. For me yes. Again very subjective.

Dual moon Roof. The second row moon roof can fully open. Better built all round and trimmed leather. Ventilated seats. Seats with warmer. front looks luxurious like Roll Royce.

Steering wheel better built. Third row can split

Can advise how to see the fuel consumption?

My previous wish can see xxkm per litre On the dashboard. can only see odo and trip a/b for this

I don't own the car but I saw something from a youtube video. The fuel consumption is shown on the small screen above the headunit. You use your steering wheel control to scroll through the functions. Apparently that small screen shows lots of info like air con status, outside temperature etc.

In workshop now.

What on earth are you doing to your car? You've got the roof removed?!?!?

By the way mpv-lover (I'm also an mpv lover - now looking for my third MPV), how do you find the height? Its 1825mm. Have you tried entering car parks with 1.8m limit? I like this MPV but two things hold me back: the price and the height. I'd hate to be faced with an empty car park but I can't park there because the car park height is too low!

I don't own the car but I saw something from a youtube video. The fuel consumption is shown on the small screen above the headunit. You use your steering wheel control to scroll through the functions. Apparently that small screen shows lots of info like air con status, outside temperature etc.

What on earth are you doing to your car? You've got the roof removed?!?!?

By the way mpv-lover (I'm also an mpv lover - now looking for my third MPV), how do you find the height? Its 1825mm. Have you tried entering car parks with 1.8m limit? I like this MPV but two things hold me back: the price and the height. I'd hate to be faced with an empty car park but I can't park there because the car park height is too low!

Thanks. I also managed to figure out all functions of the car... the manual was in Japanese.... headache

Yet to try 1.8 car park. Will not risk it.

Sound proofing car so need to strip to bare metal...

Thanks. I also managed to figure out all functions of the car... the manual was in Japanese.... headache

Yet to try 1.8 car park. Will not risk it.

Sound proofing car so need to strip to bare metal...

Beautiful...after sound proofing ur car will be as gd as vellfire n alphard....

Turbocharged

Just curious, why not go for PI Ody for 8k more?

I am looking at Esquire 7 seater vs PI Ody Absolute 7 seater.

(edited)

Personal preference. I like boxy tall and spacious Mpv

To me ody looks ugly. No offence please. Personal preference

Stream also ugly. But freed and stepwagon are v nice

Edited by mpv_lover

(edited)

He like boxy mpv... more room n space.

Me too but 150k is out of my budget.

I used to think of 150k also.. when do online research on sgcarmart. These dealers very cunning.

The real cost is 156 to 158k!

The Xi lower grade version is around 3 to 5k cheaper though.

Online published false specifications too. I have hunted island wide and covered all dealers...cunning

Some models does not even have leather seats! No moon roof. No glossy gear stick and steering wheel. Like this not luxurious anymore

1 of the dealer is case accredited some more. Online published 5k lower. Go there tell me 5k more. Back home and 2 weeks later their online price still 5k lower. Called them to verify... told me want to see real price need to go down discuss.

And I asked got 8 seater or not... cos he only has 7 seater. . Guess what? He said this one the width cannot take 3 in middle row. Only alphaRd can... haha... I did not bother with him. My old wish so small and puny can take 3 in middle already...

Edited by mpv_lover

i wanted to ask the same question too.......This link below show different prices and some lower than $150K...now I know.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11622

I used to think of 150k also.. when do online research on sgcarmart. These dealers very cunning.

The real cost is 156 to 158k!

The Xi lower grade version is around 3 to 5k cheaper though.

Online published false specifications too. I have hunted island wide and covered all dealers...cunning

Some models does not even have leather seats! No moon roof. No glossy gear stick and steering wheel. Like this not luxurious anymore

1 of the dealer is case accredited some more. Online published 5k lower. Go there tell me 5k more. Back home and 2 weeks later their online price still 5k lower. Called them to verify... told me want to see real price need to go down discuss.

And I asked got 8 seater or not... cos he only has 7 seater. . Guess what? He said this one the width cannot take 3 in middle row. Only alphaRd can... haha... I did not bother with him. My old wish so small and puny can take 3 in middle already...

For me, the third row bench seat of the Ody is a no-no. Just like the Biante.

(edited)

To be fair biante third row seat very thick and cushiony. Feels good

The rear exterior I do not like though. A bit weird. Personal preference of course

Biante interior all Cream white. Easy to see the slightest dirt though. The steering wheel is a letdown in term of built quality. Reminds me of Indian Tata wheel. But of course much better that tata. Just remind me of lousy built wheel that's all

Edited by mpv_lover

[laugh][laugh][laugh] My very first car 23 years ago was a 13 yr old Starlet and that can take 3 pax in the back seat!

(edited)

The ventilated seats for all 3 rows. Cool down butt and back real fast. The front two seats have warmer for cold weather. if your wife cold constitution will like it too. Only for gi model though

See the leather stitching? And chrome this differs from noah and voxy. The chrome runs outside the car also

post-155934-0-96116100-1427873454_thumb.jpg

post-155934-0-98836900-1427873636_thumb.jpg

post-155934-0-69495400-1427873657_thumb.jpg

Edited by mpv_lover
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Oh. Didn't realise the 3rd row for Ody is a bench.

But the 3rd row can fold flat? That is what I am looking for.

The deployment employed in Biante and Noah is similar to the one used in Honda Freed?

post-8460-0-49699600-1427873916_thumb.jpg

post-8460-0-00060800-1427873918_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sabian

(edited)

Gi has 6 speakers. 2 on roof. I think Xi only 4.

The steering wheel is leather and glossy. Same for gear

If u come from wish... u will appreciate the anti glare rear mirror. Those high beamer now cannot irritate u. I think other new mpv might also have it.

post-155934-0-77637100-1427874323_thumb.jpeg

post-155934-0-18097200-1427874730_thumb.jpeg

post-155934-0-68151600-1427874737_thumb.jpeg

post-155934-0-17992300-1427874745_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mpv_lover
↡ Advertisement