Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1026 replies to this topic | 120 praises

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

Whyeme
  • Whyeme
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

its been sort of my dream affordable sports car since years ago. need auto since wife be driving too. haha.
i like this version cos it looks the best, even better then current version
what are the ups and downs of owning such a car?
thks
http://www.sgcarmart...h...652&DL=1111

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:42 AM

Amortifiedpenguin
  • Amortifiedpenguin
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

ups-
can join wrx club
nice bonnet
suspension is not lowered till hump eating level (i have seen cars where you cant even fit a finger bet the rear tire and the body)
drive that time damn shiok
lots of aftermarket parts to play around with, new and used
awd
good powerful and fast

and er...
"1 Owner, AWD, Nice Number, Depreciation $4900 Per Year Only, Upgraded To STI Accessories, Accident Free."
nice number is seriously quite impt.
that time happened that my manager, my colleague and i got our cars around the same period. once we park the 3 cars side by side- 1213, 4842, 5857. nice.

downs-
its an auto with a faux manual shifter?
bad color scheme
previous owner may have whacked the engine pretty much considering its not very stock
will get targeted more by tp
you may probably get bored with it after 2 years
the semi buckets mayb a tad uncomfortable for your wife. (women can be quite fussy about it)
suspension clearance may be high but road clearance better be careful. first to gana is bodykit not tires
Need cheap cable TV? Need broadband? Need 7pm-10pm job? Find me!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

Strat
  • Premium member
    Strat
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Cons:
High insurance even if you have 50% NCD....

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Cons:
Glups petrol by the mouthful...
Stiff springs plus bucket seats makes the ride very uncomfortable... thats how I felt after driving a friend's rex from east to west Sg.

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:59 AM

Whyeme
  • Whyeme
    4th Gear
    Author Image

oops sori think i didnt made myself very clear...the car i attached above is just an example for that version of wrx...i am more interested in getting a totally stock auto wrx (if can find one)
thks for your info mate thumbsup.gif

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:59 AM

Hoppie24
  • Premium member
    Hoppie24
    5th Gear
    Author Image

alternative

http://www.sgcarmart...h...073&DL=1000

Pros, seats very comfortable, insurance cheaper

Cons, Drinks petrol
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:00 AM

Whyeme
  • Whyeme
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Cons:
High insurance even if you have 50% NCD....

roughly how much is the wrx insurance for a person around 36 years old with 50% NCD?

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Whyeme
  • Whyeme
    4th Gear
    Author Image

alternative

http://www.sgcarmart...h...073&DL=1000

Pros, seats very comfortable, insurance cheaper

Cons, Drinks petrol

roughly what are the FC figures for stock auto wrx?
by right turbo charged cars can be fuel efficient too rite?
but i know rex body heavy...abt 1.4 to 1.5 tons

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

Terenceleo
  • Terenceleo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

roughly what are the FC figures for stock auto wrx?
by right turbo charged cars can be fuel efficient too rite?
but i know rex body heavy...abt 1.4 to 1.5 tons

I've got my best ard 10km/l blush.gif

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

Whatupz
  • Whatupz
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Just buy!! You only live once!! If you care about FC, better buy a cow because they eat only grass!!
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:30 PM

DarkSide
  • DarkSide
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

roughly how much is the wrx insurance for a person around 36 years old with 50% NCD?

I'm bout yr age..just renewed for 1.8K (50+5%)NCD...direct from AIG Subaru Auto Protect Plan.
60 litres tank can last 500km,if driven 80 or less...
Front seats are more comfy than other regular buckets..driven up NSHW a lot with no probs...
Backseat a different story...not passenger friendly...
Hope that helps... sunny.gif

True..u only live once....U'll always be thinking of "what ifs" and the one that got away...
FC can be quite X but the silly grin we got on our faces when we floor it,Priceless..........
Even if it's just an auto rex,u'll be smoking bout 80% of those on the roads...bling-bling and big wings doesn't even come close..
Basic setup with 250hp is generally enough to blow most away.......Even in stock,can be quite an evil drive..... pirate.gif

Edited by DarkSide, 28 April 2009 - 11:42 PM.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

Whyeme
  • Whyeme
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I've got my best ard 10km/l blush.gif

10km/L is not bad!
my rental cerato HB also 10km/L laugh.gif

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

Applez
  • Applez
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Just buy!! You only live once!! If you care about FC, better buy a cow because they eat only grass!!

yeah....juz get it...we only live ONCE thumbsup.gif

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:10 AM

Kyojin
  • Kyojin
    5th Gear
    Author Image

"worth" is very subjective.

if it makes you happy or suits your need and it's affordable, why not? no need to bother what other think about what's it worth. as you said, it's a lifelong dream, nothing should stop you if it's within reach.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:15 AM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

hhaha i lol-ed at the "can join wrx-club"

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:15 AM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

people can hear your car before seeing it...hows that!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

Whyeme
  • Whyeme
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I'm bout yr age..just renewed for 1.8K (50+5%)NCD...direct from AIG Subaru Auto Protect Plan.
60 litres tank can last 500km,if driven 80 or less...
Front seats are more comfy than other regular buckets..driven up NSHW a lot with no probs...
Backseat a different story...not passenger friendly...
Hope that helps... sunny.gif

True..u only live once....U'll always be thinking of "what ifs" and the one that got away...
FC can be quite X but the silly grin we got on our faces when we floor it,Priceless..........
Even if it's just an auto rex,u'll be smoking bout 80% of those on the roads...bling-bling and big wings doesn't even come close..
Basic setup with 250hp is generally enough to blow most away.......Even in stock,can be quite an evil drive..... pirate.gif

1.8K insurance is acceptable i guess. your FC translates to abt 8.3km/l. which is also acceptable i guess. this fc is like those older korean 'drinkers' like matrix etc...

yup agree we only live once, which was why when i was much younger and temporarily staying in malaysia, i transplanted a stock toyota starlet (999cc) with a 1331cc toyota starlet GT turbo engine and till now cant forget the enjoyment of the pulling power (and of blowing away those big cars who tried to bully the puny starlet) as starlet weighed less than a ton.
now backside itchy again thats why thinking of a used wrx auto...ke ke ke
like what Hui Ge (alamak) said: "buy! buy! buy! I pay cash money!" laugh.gif

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

Kyojin
  • Kyojin
    5th Gear
    Author Image

go for it bro!

can't wait to get my MX5 too...

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

Whyeme
  • Whyeme
    4th Gear
    Author Image

"worth" is very subjective.

if it makes you happy or suits your need and it's affordable, why not? no need to bother what other think about what's it worth. as you said, it's a lifelong dream, nothing should stop you if it's within reach.

agreed totally mate! thumbsup.gif

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

Whyeme
  • Whyeme
    4th Gear
    Author Image

go for it bro!

can't wait to get my MX5 too...

wow MX5 bro!
congrats! thumbsup.gif

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Subaru WRX

Subaru WRX  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jerryong  |  Neutral Newbie

Test Drive

The rally-inspired WRX has always been an Impreza on steroids, but this year Subaru has turned up the dosage. The new structure is stronger, and the suspension is retuned with spring rates that are stiffer all around. The 268-hp turbo four an... » Read More

Subaru WRX

Subaru WRX  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Sirp  |  Neutral Newbie

Same Subaru with improved interior quality and more fuel efficient

Just got this car for 2 weeks. Feels similar to my old S-GT yet more refine. For a start it has more features like bluetooth, a multi function display that has boost gauge and reverse camera. Space is bigger all round with sexy light cluster.... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Subaru WRX, Subaru WRX STI

Quick Reply

Tags: subaru, used, auto, wrx and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)