Is used auto wrx worth buying?

Whyeme

ups-

can join wrx club

nice bonnet

suspension is not lowered till hump eating level (i have seen cars where you cant even fit a finger bet the rear tire and the body)

drive that time damn shiok

lots of aftermarket parts to play around with, new and used

awd

good powerful and fast

and er...

"1 Owner, AWD, Nice Number, Depreciation $4900 Per Year Only, Upgraded To STI Accessories, Accident Free."

nice number is seriously quite impt.

that time happened that my manager, my colleague and i got our cars around the same period. once we park the 3 cars side by side- 1213, 4842, 5857. nice.

downs-

its an auto with a faux manual shifter?

bad color scheme

previous owner may have whacked the engine pretty much considering its not very stock

will get targeted more by tp

you may probably get bored with it after 2 years

the semi buckets mayb a tad uncomfortable for your wife. (women can be quite fussy about it)

suspension clearance may be high but road clearance better be careful. first to gana is bodykit not tires

Cons:

Glups petrol by the mouthful...

Stiff springs plus bucket seats makes the ride very uncomfortable... thats how I felt after driving a friend's rex from east to west Sg.

oops sori think i didnt made myself very clear...the car i attached above is just an example for that version of wrx...i am more interested in getting a totally stock auto wrx (if can find one)

thks for your info mate [thumbsup]

Cons:

High insurance even if you have 50% NCD....

roughly how much is the wrx insurance for a person around 36 years old with 50% NCD?

roughly what are the FC figures for stock auto wrx?

by right turbo charged cars can be fuel efficient too rite?

but i know rex body heavy...abt 1.4 to 1.5 tons

I've got my best ard 10km/l [blush]

Neutral Newbie

roughly how much is the wrx insurance for a person around 36 years old with 50% NCD?

I'm bout yr age..just renewed for 1.8K (50+5%)NCD...direct from AIG Subaru Auto Protect Plan.

60 litres tank can last 500km,if driven 80 or less...

Front seats are more comfy than other regular buckets..driven up NSHW a lot with no probs...

Backseat a different story...not passenger friendly...

Hope that helps... [sunny]

True..u only live once....U'll always be thinking of "what ifs" and the one that got away...

FC can be quite X but the silly grin we got on our faces when we floor it,Priceless..........

Even if it's just an auto rex,u'll be smoking bout 80% of those on the roads...bling-bling and big wings doesn't even come close..

Basic setup with 250hp is generally enough to blow most away.......Even in stock,can be quite an evil drive..... [pirate]

Edited by DarkSide

Neutral Newbie

Just buy!! You only live once!! If you care about FC, better buy a cow because they eat only grass!!

yeah....juz get it...we only live ONCE [thumbsup]

"worth" is very subjective.

if it makes you happy or suits your need and it's affordable, why not? no need to bother what other think about what's it worth. as you said, it's a lifelong dream, nothing should stop you if it's within reach.

I'm bout yr age..just renewed for 1.8K (50+5%)NCD...direct from AIG Subaru Auto Protect Plan.

60 litres tank can last 500km,if driven 80 or less...

Front seats are more comfy than other regular buckets..driven up NSHW a lot with no probs...

Backseat a different story...not passenger friendly...

Hope that helps... [sunny]

True..u only live once....U'll always be thinking of "what ifs" and the one that got away...

FC can be quite X but the silly grin we got on our faces when we floor it,Priceless..........

Even if it's just an auto rex,u'll be smoking bout 80% of those on the roads...bling-bling and big wings doesn't even come close..

Basic setup with 250hp is generally enough to blow most away.......Even in stock,can be quite an evil drive..... [pirate]

1.8K insurance is acceptable i guess. your FC translates to abt 8.3km/l. which is also acceptable i guess. this fc is like those older korean 'drinkers' like matrix etc...

yup agree we only live once, which was why when i was much younger and temporarily staying in malaysia, i transplanted a stock toyota starlet (999cc) with a 1331cc toyota starlet GT turbo engine and till now cant forget the enjoyment of the pulling power (and of blowing away those big cars who tried to bully the puny starlet) as starlet weighed less than a ton.

now backside itchy again thats why thinking of a used wrx auto...ke ke ke

like what Hui Ge (alamak) said: "buy! buy! buy! I pay cash money!" [laugh]