Is used auto wrx worth buying?

Whyeme

Yo bro i'm still using the stock tyres,potenza 050 something.

Shouldn't be a problem to push further to 180km/h.

Just that got family along so manage to stay at 150km/h the most.

One thing is those noise intrusion from the side mirror & road noise lor.

You got remove your speed limiter bro?

How about retuning your ecu?

Planning to change my tyres to bigger profile soon. 225 or 235

Soundproofing is a must haha...

↡ Advertisement

may i know what's the fuel consumption when you speed at 150-160km/h...one thing i noticed is that in Britain, their speed limit is 110km/h...and they are getting much better milege than us singaporeans? why? they say driving at 90km/h is the most economy speed...but seems 110km/h is better...

you were carrying how many people and any luggage?

the STi A-Line 2.5Turbocharged 300bhp, but why 'only' 350nm, even the SG-T 2.0Turbo will do 333Nm...

but now 5A/T...so are people going to say why no 6A/T?

i think PI will bring it in at $100k?

Neutral Newbie

wow boy... just a p plate and u dare to drive so fast... [hur] Ur license u either rent or buy one.. [lipsrsealed] . At 50Km/H above speed limit means court case with license gone.. so more only TS only... not WRX or STI... somemore not ur car..

Neutral Newbie

I just got a rough quote 4 my new wrx,it about $1500++ 34year old 50%NCD + 5% free accident from LTA

Sorry, may i know where u got ur quote from? I m keen to get a quote from the same insurer.

Many thanks!

may i know what's the fuel consumption when you speed at 150-160km/h...one thing i noticed is that in Britain, their speed limit is 110km/h...and they are getting much better milege than us singaporeans? why? they say driving at 90km/h is the most economy speed...but seems 110km/h is better...

you were carrying how many people and any luggage?

i am SURPRISE by the mileage...travelling at 140-150km/h constantly gets me 11km/L !

Whole boot of luggages.

4 adults(incl. me) & my baby.

Could have got better fc if i were to stick to 100-110km/h...but heck it ;)

no i think the faster you go, the less the car drinks...as what i said...britains and americans drive at 110-160km/h constant for at least 50km...their huge V8 can get 6-7km/l easily...normal car can get 11-16km/l easily...drive slower and your car just waste fuel...

give me a license and i'll whack the car...therefore, i'll still get my license, but let my father drive...i cannot tahan 'slow driving' anythin' below 150km/h...so i'd rather sleep in the car...while my dad or uncle drives...or else, i take MRT or bus...or walk...

but at night...the roads are really empty...everybody overtook my dad one time...my dad was doing 100km/h on the middle lane...the rest just zoomed past, probably at 140-160km/h...no traffic police in sight too...anyway, new GPS can detect infra-red rays coming from TP speed trap...like 200m before...so enough time to slow down to legal speeds...the cars that zoomed past include WRX, M3, 5-series, Type-R...even altis...

give me a license and i'll whack the car...therefore, i'll still get my license, but let my father drive...i cannot tahan 'slow driving' anythin' below 150km/h...so i'd rather sleep in the car...while my dad or uncle drives...or else, i take MRT or bus...or walk...

but at night...the roads are really empty...everybody overtook my dad one time...my dad was doing 100km/h on the middle lane...the rest just zoomed past, probably at 140-160km/h...no traffic police in sight too...anyway, new GPS can detect infra-red rays coming from TP speed trap...like 200m before...so enough time to slow down to legal speeds...the cars that zoomed past include WRX, M3, 5-series, Type-R...even altis...

altis??

haha i got high beamed by a myvi once when i'm doin 150...maybe a modified myvi ^_^

Neutral Newbie

drive slower and your car just waste fuel...

vice versa. drive faster and the harder your engine has to work to push through the wind (drag). [grin]

I've got a friend who drives one. He bought it new from Motor Image and has kept it more or less stock from day one. Power's really quite good cos it can easily keep up with a Porsche Cayman (my other friend drives one... :blink: ) up to around 150km/h. Speed is electronically limited to 180km/h though you'll seldom, if ever, need to go faster than that in Singapore. On the NS Highway however, it can be a real party-pooper!

Otherwise, the drive is quite civilised, if a little bumpy, over uneven surfaces. The wifey should have no problems whatsoever handling the car. I think if the price is right, just go for it man!

hi there, I had just join this forum...

I am driving a my08 n.a impreaza and i find that the FC for this NA impreza is very very siong... 12l/100km..

I love WRX a lot and would like to change it. but can any bros/sis here tell me wats the FC for this WRX(auto) like? is it worst than the MY08 car? And rouglhy wats the insurance like.

BTW I am 28 yrs old...

Thanks for all the feedback...

Add 1 point: The rex that I wanted to buy is a MY06 de. And is a 2nd hand rex... As some of the bros say, we only live once, so i really really interested in the rex, however due to insurance premiun constraint...(10% NCD)

Thanks

new GPS can detect infra-red rays coming from TP speed trap...like 200m before...so enough time to slow down to legal speeds...

200m enough to slow down? pls don't do this stunt and jam brake when you see a speedtrap, cos it is already too late

my guess is everyone here have their own dream rides , having speaking from experience, you did mention that u r married , then what i can say is, grab it before circumstancs go against you , wrx is not the top of the top range sports racing car but it is a sports car as comparing to normal salon regardless of petrol or insurance and the price tag if u dont do it now, having a few kids and a pregnant wife later will sensibly make you set your mind right , own it if you can now, if its really your dream then fulfill it .

having only 1 owner and with age of almost three years wrx ,for the engine i dont think you need to worry over it , engine nowadays with the craziest driver will still not fail you at this time and any time from now till maybe another three years but like what Mr darkside mention , its the gearbox , if its a manual still quite safe , but an auto gearbox then really pls do a good check on it ,play it safe than sorry, spend some cash now and get it check by a mechanic hope ,wish your dream come through cheers

hi there, I had just join this forum...

I am driving a my08 n.a impreaza and i find that the FC for this NA impreza is very very siong... 12l/100km..

I love WRX a lot and would like to change it. but can any bros/sis here tell me wats the FC for this WRX(auto) like? is it worst than the MY08 car? And rouglhy wats the insurance like.

BTW I am 28 yrs old...

Thanks for all the feedback...

subarus aren't known for good fc. but i don't think i've seen anyone with a figure as low as you for a na car. not sure whether it's your calculation or your driving style?

in general, the higher the horsepower, the higher the fc. so yes, you can expect higher fc with the wrx. maybe about 7 to 8 km/l, depending on how u drive.

i'm no insurance agent, but i hazard a guess that it'll cost you $4K before any discount.

↡ Advertisement