Is used auto wrx worth buying?

Whyeme

I've got a friend who drives one. He bought it new from Motor Image and has kept it more or less stock from day one. Power's really quite good cos it can easily keep up with a Porsche Cayman (my other friend drives one... :blink: ) up to around 150km/h. Speed is electronically limited to 180km/h though you'll seldom, if ever, need to go faster than that in Singapore. On the NS Highway however, it can be a real party-pooper!

Otherwise, the drive is quite civilised, if a little bumpy, over uneven surfaces. The wifey should have no problems whatsoever handling the car. I think if the price is right, just go for it man!

the speed limit can be raised by changing its value in the ecu. :D

↡ Advertisement

guys side track abit, just wanna confirm if the current MY09 5MT base WRX motorimage selling is the improved 265 bhp model?

do check wif them again. i believe they're no longer selling the wrx. only the STi and NA Imprezas.

It is not the cost of the car that kills rather the upkeep.

My friend was quoted 4.2k for the car insurance with 50% NCD and he is 30 and married , i wonder how much higher it would be at a younger age.

Neutral Newbie

just bought my 1st car Impreza 2.0R-S, my insurance is $3.3k. i am 28 yrs old, married.

initially, the SE quoted me wrongly, he thought i am taking the 1.5, so the insurance is "only" $2.4k ...

WOW, subaru is a "dangerous" car... hei hei

just bought my 1st car Impreza 2.0R-S, my insurance is $3.3k. i am 28 yrs old, married.

initially, the SE quoted me wrongly, he thought i am taking the 1.5, so the insurance is "only" $2.4k ...

Happy for you. Would you consider to buy a Subaru knowing that the insurance of other makes maybe half of what you are paying now?

impreza should be quite safe right?

Neutral Newbie

Happy for you. Would you consider to buy a Subaru knowing that the insurance of other makes maybe half of what you are paying now?

Not to compare with 2nd hand / Korean / China / MY Car. I believe Impreza 2.0 is the cheapest 2.0L car Jap car, althought there are a lot of hidden cost, eg higher insurance, higher FC, higher this higher that... but what i like is the AWD system which only Subaru can offer.

my brother-in-law (a very young cars lover) persuade me to consider at Madza 3 (2.0L), Golf 1.4, and Civic 2.0 etc, which are very good cars, however all the above are too expensive to me...

OK, back to the original discussion subject of this Auto WRX.

YES, i would like to choose Auto WRX if it is new, but not 2nd hand.

i do test drive the MT WRX right after i tested Impreza 2.0. during that short period of time, i "dead fire" more than 3 times with the Manual Gear. So at the end, i think i better buy an Auto Gear car.. haha [:p]

pls be sure to buy as much personal/accident insurance for yourself as you buy for your car too!!

very very important..

most people pay over 1.5-4.5k insurance for cars, yet they say $200 a mth insurance for themselves is too expensive, kum gong

the WRX Subaru is selling now only has 230bhp...and only left 4dr units...which i think is just too big for fun handling and turn-in response...

in fact i'll take the 06-08 WRX anytime, especially the autobox...but i'd want the car in stock, for which many 1st timers have already modded...

i've tested the SG-T when MI first brought in...power was really immense...but handling was poor (really bad body roll during fast corners), and i couldn't feel the wheels when i drove off fast...at 100kph, passengers in the rear pointed out the taking off feeling...especially when i was still accelerating...no wonder the insurance so high...

the 06-08 WRX Auto interior space more or less the same as the new model, but ride is so much more stable (if a little harsh on our roads), but i like the frameless windows...

for people who have family commitments, MI still has the Exiga 2.0GT 225bhp JDM...0-100kph in 7.4s

Neutral Newbie

It is not the cost of the car that kills rather the upkeep.

My friend was quoted 4.2k for the car insurance with 50% NCD and he is 30 and married , i wonder how much higher it would be at a younger age.

Are you sure the car insurance is so high? I'm driving an auto rex my insurance is $1400 with 30% NCD from MSIG. Age 31. My FC is about 10km/1L. My car is dyno at 260 whp with stock turbo(TD04).

Before i get my rex friends have been telling me the high FC for a four wheel drive and high insurance for sport model. Don't listen to friend who hear say here or there. Ask those who drive an auto rex or join subaruclubsg to find out more.

It is not that expensive to own a rex but the joy of owning it is :wub: . Hope it help.

Are you sure the car insurance is so high? I'm driving an auto rex my insurance is $1400 with 30% NCD from MSIG. Age 31. My FC is about 10km/1L. My car is dyno at 260 whp with stock turbo(TD04).

Before i get my rex friends have been telling me the high FC for a four wheel drive and high insurance for sport model. Don't listen to friend who hear say here or there. Ask those who drive an auto rex or join subaruclubsg to find out more.

It is not that expensive to own a rex but the joy of owning it is :wub: . Hope it help.

Bro...are you sure is MSIG? Yours is 3rd Party Fire /Theft?

Called up MSIG ...they don't covered WRX... [dizzy]

Any lobang to share...mine is coming up ...

Hi all,

Sorry to dig up this old thread. Is auto wrx problematic? I mean in stock condition. I know that subaru spare part is not cheap.

I don't so,but if this car is 'trash' before[most WRX is],,then it may be problematic.

↡ Advertisement