Proton Exora

Neokn

that is seriously good value for money at current COE prices...the COE cost a quarter of the car price!!!

plus it depends on the specs of the EXORA...

imagine getting a wish at that kind of price!

having sat in the SAGA and Persona...i can say that Proton cars truly have decent quality...won't disappoint and shame you!

↡ Advertisement

At this price I think it makes more sense to purchase Exora than MIC MPV. The price is attractive and spare parts are plenty over the Causeway.

Now proton and lotus models start having very similar names.

as in coffee in English n kopi in malay language........... [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Now proton and lotus models start having very similar names.

As in Proton + Lotus = Protus?

Neutral Newbie

WOW! This is a killer price.

Will dropby Proton showroom this weekend to check this ride out. hehe

Shemmy is talking about the similarity in names between new Lotus Evora and Proton Exora. Just a letter difference. Hehe... [laugh]

My friend bought the Exora in malaysia. looks pretty good, somehow it doesn't look that photogenic, but build quality is not that terrible to totally disregard the car. With 126 hp (i think, not too sure), don't expect it to fly. But certainly, it is tempting to buy one due to the price and 7 seats.

Y BM dun bring in Toyota Avanza and Innova? Seems cheap and good to me... Got T badge somemore, and u save on road tax with the 1.3/1.5L engine.. So suitable for Singapore market..hehe

We have Toyota Passo Sette, Toyota Sienta, Honda Freed.

(edited)

July's issue of Torque magazine listed Proton Exora's selling price at $48988. Think it should be in Proton's showroom now.

This price incude COE already??? Then that is damn cheap

No one will buy Suzuki APV

Edited by Sgnick

(edited)

They're having a roadshow on Exora this 17th to 19th July at Suntec City outside Careffour.Heard from the SE the price is $5xxxx for the High line version.Accessories include fog lights,Leather seats,Cruise control,ABS @ SRS twin airbags,Full aircon even on third row,Dvd players,Bluetooth and USB.Hmm wonder how much is for OPC?But the car feel sluggish with 7 adults from standstill.Pick up from 1st to 2nd gear sluggish but after 2,500-3000 rpm it's okay.Test drive my cousin one at JB last week.I believe it suits for 5 adults and two kids only.Power to weight a bit terrible sia.15s from 0-100kmh [lipsrsealed] But the gear ratio is quite short shift,I tried 1st,2nd and 3rd gear change a bit swift compared to other 4 speed auto Protons [thumbsup] Guess no harm trying...

PS:Sgnick i rather buy Exora than Suzuki APV,No offense

Edited by Mustang

(edited)

They're having a roadshow on Exora this 17th to 19th July at Suntec City outside Careffour.Heard from the SE the price is $5xxxx for the High line version.Accessories include fog lights,Leather seats,Cruise control,ABS @ SRS twin airbags,Full aircon even on third row,Dvd players,Bluetooth and USB.Hmm wonder how much is for OPC?But the car feel sluggish with 7 adults from standstill.Pick up from 1st to 2nd gear sluggish but after 2,500-3000 rpm it's okay.Test drive my cousin one at JB last week.I believe it suits for 5 adults and two kids only.Power to weight a bit terrible sia.15s from 0-100kmh [lipsrsealed] But the gear ratio is quite short shift,I tried 1st,2nd and 3rd gear change a bit swift compared to other 4 speed auto Protons [thumbsup] Guess no harm trying...

PS:Sgnick i rather buy Exora than Suzuki APV,No offense

Y would i be offended? I said "No one will buy Suzuki APV" :)

Btw, how is the interior space? Is it better than Wish? Is it closer to Toyota Picnic? Ho about bootspace?

Edited by Sgnick

Can't wait to touch and feel the car itself. For $5xxxx, I must say that the car is equipped with many accessories not seen at this price bracket. Let's hope that Proton can add a fifth gear to their auto in the near future.

a manual version is set to be released according to paultan's website....

I guess, that would be considered an upgrade....not sure if it will come to singapore. if it does, at least we don't see many MPV with manual transmission...another choice means good for consumers.

(edited)

Its wider and longer than Stream,Wish or Innova.The MPV good for cruising at Highways.Pick up is a no-no.Anyway thumbs up for Proton for the gated gearshift..I believe Proton SG will only bring the High Line version,The M-Line doesnt have fog lights,cruise control,leather seats,DVD...But still with ABS/SRS Airbags,bluetooth,USB.Good for second car though.

http://www.hitzcity.com/wp-content/uploads...9/04/exora1.jpg

http://www.hitzcity.com/wp-content/uploads...9/04/exora7.jpg

Image courtesy of hitzcity @ Proton Berhad

http://www.proton.com/protonexora/

Edited by Mustang