Proton Exora

Neokn

Neutral Newbie

a manual version is set to be released according to paultan's website....

I guess, that would be considered an upgrade....not sure if it will come to singapore. if it does, at least we don't see many MPV with manual transmission...another choice means good for consumers.

MT version just launched but being that local market of majority auto car doubt the AD in SG will bring it in.

↡ Advertisement

its confirmed that the mpv will be coming to spore next week.

Confirm

http://www.proton.com.sg/

17 Jul - 19 Jul 2009 NEW

Don't Miss The Exora!

Check out Proton's first MPV at our Roadshow!

Suntec City,

Entertainment Atrium, outside Carrefour

10am to 10pm

[flowerface][flowerface]

it's basically a wish body, and wish sized interior, but with a 1.6L 125bhp engine. it's heavy though crossing the 1.5t weight...

3rd row will still be kids only...but with rear air-con, should be cooler than wish, stream...

low price will attract buyers...but they may think twice on waiting for more powerful versions to arrive...can people live with 0-100kph in 15.0secs?

the quality from new protons are getting closer to hyundai and kia standard...good quality plastics and well screwed together...engine refinement could be better though...

i think people in malaysia will fit an evo engine to the Exora...no kidding...

the exterior design is decent, although the interior is rather plain...the all black interior can make the ambience dull and drab too...

but at $50k, that's the price of a Forte, but space of a wish! chew on that!

APV would be the closest rival, but that's just driving a van! it's spacious though, but also lacks in performance.

the Chery V5 now selling at $66,999 (the same as Kia Carens), so that's out of the question.

will not expect goods sales for this proton mpv. as we all know, protons do not really sell well in spore.

One factor is the pricing.Generally people are looking into Euro quality,Jap design and the price of Malaysian car like in Malaysia itself.IMHO Proton have improve drastically over the years..Its mostly people mindset.Happen to Korean cars when first it launch last time.Now Hyundai is almost on par with Jap makes.I've got number of friends is more than keen to trade in their existing vehicles to get this MPV.Looks can be deceiving you've to tried it yourself to know better.I'm thinking of getting one soon as i've family consists of three kids,Mais,My wife and my mum.

most important is the pricing. If proton s'pore can sell it at a resonable price then s'porean will buy. Imagine 1.6 MPV with 7 seats and less than 60k. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

but saw the reviews on paultan saying the 1.6 engine is a bit underpowered to carry 7 persons as the mpv weigh about 1.4tons .proton might come out with one that is light presuure turbo to increase the power [thumbsup][thumbsup]

most important is the pricing. If proton s'pore can sell it at a resonable price then s'porean will buy. Imagine 1.6 MPV with 7 seats and less than 60k. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

but saw the reviews on paultan saying the 1.6 engine is a bit underpowered to carry 7 persons as the mpv weigh about 1.4tons .proton might come out with one that is light presuure turbo to increase the power [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Yes a bit significance of underpowered from standstill(pick up 1st to 2nd gear) if full loads!The powerband only came(with full loads) after 2nd gear(2.5rpm-2.75k rpm)then all will be alright.My cousin in JB already went up to Genting last weekends with 5 adults and three kids!On a very steep hill he use the 3rd gear only all the way up.I did visit to Proton Tanjung Malim last Saturday.Seen a numbers of Engineers working something on a Satria Neo,Gen2 and Exora.Info i heard is the light pressure turbo probably from Garrett and custom intercooler from Proton.Horsepower claimed to be 160hp and 240nm.

making it up to Genting is one thing...making it up FAST is another...

it's common for malaysians to buy a Gen-2 or Waja and kit up an Evo 7-9 engine with 2.0L 280bhp or more...cheap evos to them...

sure some of them will do the same to the exora mpv...

i also hope proton brings in the Chancellor limousine...the interior really luxurious man, but cheap sticker price!

yup i agree.with this pricing,i'm sure there will be takers.spare parts and servicing so easy to find across the causeway and will definitely be cheaper there.

for this targetted market,"as long can move 7 people from point A to B" & cheap,good enough already.they don't need fast pick-up or power.

(edited)

Meet my friend in Proton, here with some figures:

Exora vs Wish vs Stream (L X W X H)

4592mm vs 4590mm vs 4570mm

1809mm vs 1695mm vs 1695mm

1691mm vs 1590mm vs 1545mm

seems that the car is bigger than MIJ mid size MPV.... [shocked]

Edited by Caaa

I supply some parts for this car. Don't wanna comment.

Good luck. [sweatdrop]

I think it is better to wait a bit more for the next batch.

It is a great car but design was rushed.

Just went to Suntec just now.Proton SG bring in only the M-Line version with price package of $57,999.Add $1,500 you will get full leather seats.Chat with the SE that the H-Line will only came in 2010.So far there's already 4 bookings for the MPV.Proton is giving rebates and in-house discount for their cars despite the booming COE prices.Guess have to wait another 4-5 months for the COE to plunge.

(edited)

Wow,I also supply spare parts for Suzuki and Toyota cars.The spare part quality is also [sweatdrop] .Guess nowadays the vendors are getting more dishonest and profit-minded at the cost of the car reputation [thumbsdown]

Edited by Mustang

You mean your part CMI? [lipsrsealed][:p]

[rolleyes] No what i mean is nowadays a lot of MIC and MIT spare parts.Prices are the same with former ori parts,Hence you see why many cars including Toyota with malfunction aircon compressor etc...

Singapore price S$57,999. In malaysia, m-line M/T around RM$64,998.

exchange rate now around 2.5. I think proton spore need to relook

at pricing though COE now pretty high. cos if not I dont think will be much

takers. comparing jap mpv's price gap not attractive to switch to proton.

I personally feel anything below S$ 50k would be ideal.

↡ Advertisement