Proton Exora

Neokn

for your information, APV made in indonesia...not japan...get that right...

by right, shipment shouldn't cost as much as from Japan...the quality in the APV is pretty horrendous too...filmsy materials...

Having sat in the Persona and Saga, their materials are as good as the Forte...well screwed together and made of hard plastics...but their brand image definitely not as good as kia...

↡ Advertisement

the thing that will discourage the Exora buyers are the looks- really looks like a budget car, interior design (some used car looks)...power and pride...

besides that, it offers space for 7 people...but fuel economy bound to suffer...expect to get around 9-10km/L even when driven lightly...

thrash it and get ard 7km/L...

I wouldn't thrash a lot if my ride is MPV [pirate] For point A to B then this is the car if not just look for Japs or Cont ones,No point ranting who's better.I think the price is a bit steep not too high given the current situation.What we can do?Complain complain and complain that's what we Singaporean good at.Sorry to burst anyone bubble i rather buy this MPV than Suzuki APV..Guess its the mindset afterall.Personally i think spec are just spec until you owned and test one.I only trust the reviews 50% only until i get my hand on the car itself.Its the attitude of the drivers that play the part of reliability and the FC too.Imagine a heavy footer thrash kind of driver driving a Honda Fit who only know how to drive and thrash the car i bet the car will suffer worst FC too.Imagine Renault or Nissan making 110hp from a 1.6 nobody will complain and care much but we condemm Proton if their hp is 125hp [rolleyes] I agree to some extend that some of us hear from the horsemouth about the mistakes that proton make last time but shouldn't we believe that they're making improvement over the years?My mum in law Proton Wira is coming to 7th year and still the car havent gone to any overhaul.My uncle using a Gen2 fro nearly 5 years and still no issue,No breakdown on E'way etc..Guess its the mindset afterall and the country that the cars are produced from..Peace

the exora isnt such a horrible looker at first glance, and its equipment list is quite good too.

used to own a proton wira aeroback before my present lancer. never given me any problems

other then a flat battery after 3rd year. Despite what people may say about driving a m'sian make.

I think m'sian tech & know how is quite good too. its just how Proton Spore are pricing it.

Its like this, all the while have been using kleenex tissues for years costing about $1.50/box.

then ntuc comes out with hse brand tissue for $0.80/box. would switch over if quality

is more than 50% as good. Some times its not just pride & prestige alone but rather more for its value & practicality.

I personally before my current ride, was driving a '96 Wira for 13.5 years till recently scrapped it. It do agree that it doesn't gave me much headaches. Parts are easy to source and cheap to maintain... Traveled a total of nearly 250k km, no clutch changed, no drive shaft changed, no engine overhaul... I must say it was one hell of ride.

But I do believe the reason fo

I personally before my current ride, was driving a '96 Wira for 13.5 years till recently scrapped it. It do agree that it doesn't gave me much headaches. Parts are easy to source and cheap to maintain... Traveled a total of nearly 250k km, no clutch changed, no drive shaft changed, no engine overhaul... I must say it was one hell of ride.

Had a look at Suntec.

My personal observations, 1st and 2nd row have good leg room. 3rd row have very cramp leg room, best for kids only.

3rd row seats are so close to the ground that i am basically sitting in a squat position, knees bent towards chest. I am 1.7m.

air con vents in all three rows, good

2nd row seats cannot slide forward/backwards, no good

Boot space appears to be close to Wish/Stream in depth when 3rd row seats are up

(edited)

I, myself do not understand the reason why proton Singapore is marking their price a little on the high side. Side track abit, I was looking for a persona as my replacement ride, but couldn't help it when I look at the Koreans, who are much more attractive on the overall packaging, be it pricing, quality or reliability. What's worse is proton decided to act like continental makes giving only 3 year/ 60000km warranty. Did highlight the high price issue and the uncompetitive warranty about proton Singapore offers to the CEO of proton Malaysia, who joined in Motortrader forum to listen and respond to the members of the public, but seems like the action will either take long time to come true or just disappear into thin air.

Buying a new generation proton needs careful attention. I have read Malaysia forums about it and seems like, proton, though improving, still suffers from quality and reliability issue.

The main reason for proton low sales in Singapore is due to the uncompetitive pricing. If proton Singapore have the mindset that their cars are just like continentals and are good enough to compete with the Koreans or Japanese, judging by the price and warranty period similar to continental offers. Sorry to say that, proton is going to have a hard time selling their cars well and making a stand out in local markets.

Well I agree with you on this aspect even thou I drive a wira, in my earlier post I wrote in my views on y the WAJA never won hearts despite some gd comments from malaysia owners? Bcos it was merely a few grand cheaper than LANCER GLX w/o safety festures. Let's not even compare branding yet.

But for the pricing of this exora, I personally cannot compare with stream or wish bcos their engine cap is also diff. I think at apprx. 58k for a compact 7 seaters coupled with safety features, many may comment exora give its competitor a gd run. With this price, we cannot get a 7 seater. Just like my wira, with the same price I will have to settle for something much smaller like the getz or picanto and ran outta breath on nshw in msia.

However, I am concerned over the century sprint taking 15secs. Personally, I felt this is a little too long but I know I m not being fair to a car like this being 1.6 and yet has to serve 4 adults & 3 kids with body heavier than WISH. I think ppl who consider this will not get too emotionally affected by this either.

Still, I m going to take a look even if I m not buying this.

Cheers..

Edited by Unfazed

Yup it was one hardy ride I must say but with some sqeaking noises here and there. I find this car too low for comfort even thou I feel like I m driving a sports car. Imagine somone crashes into our side perpendicularly at 90 degree, I dare not magine the consequences. But looking at how msian mod this wira tells us the room for mods for this car too. I know they have a 1.8l version for this car and I think it will be powerful based on the mistu engiine but the petrol consumption will go up. Juz joking, maybe I should harbour the tot of modding to the original 1.8l with all disc brakes in msia, keep my stock exterior in order to pass yearly inspections ha ha..

They should include leather as standard for S'pore market IMO,As for the H-line i did ask the SE,She said current situation its not wise to bring in as it would add up cost [rolleyes][shakehead] Guess i have to wait for the light turbo version next year..The H-Line have cruise control etc..Proton SG need to revise on their pricing if they wanna to have a share in SG market.In terms of pricing i really have to salute Hyundais although its out of the plan.Its better to sell more cars with little price rather than fewer cars with hefty price!At least Proton did honesty in stating that the 0-100 sprint is 15 sec rather than some manufacturers boast their MPV can do 11s but in reality not much difference than the 15s ones..

Neutral Newbie

I was in Malaysia recently, saw the roadshow of Exora. Went inside the car, front and last row, I would say the space is good but dashboard is plasticky (looks like cheap material) ! Not sure of the driving performance.

Apologies for the cut off statement, thanks to the lousy network I am using... Anyway, I was about to say that the reason why older generations protons stood up well is because of Japanese inputs and of course more mechanical components as opposed to modern electrical gadgets. Newer generation protons are home ground built and design with minimum foreign involvements AND also proton are using MORE electronic gadgets for their cars.

I can't comment more on Gen2 or personas or newer protons, because I don't own one, even though I did test drove a couple of times... Test drive and test sit are just short term feeling, which pretty much couldn't tell more on the reliability in long term. It is only through forum, that I read feedbacks about owners of new edge protons, which pretty much isn't all that positive...

In the end, price matters in Singapore... Proton is still improving, but it also needs time to prove that their formula works so that it will win hearts of people, proving that their product is reliable and quality assured. But now, proton has yet to prove them, and has already set a uncompetitive pricing on almost all their models. How on earth it is going to sell in big volumes in Singapore, especially below the 2 litre category? They are not some kind of exclusive rides that requires to only sell in small volume with high price tag...

I used to be a potential proton buyer after driving two protons and sitting in them for more than 20 years, but too bad, the way Proton SG doing their business, they have already made many ex proton owners lost hearts in getting newer proton as their replacement, the numbers got so much lesser... Don't forget in mid 90s, WIRA was the best seller in SG... Now to see protons on the road is quite a rare sight... Price the model right, it will do wonders...

yes, the dash looks plain and boring...unexciting...

Well with that price for a mpv, what's more can we ask?

↡ Advertisement