Proton Exora

Neokn

Neutral Newbie

Just got my car [thumbsup] . My SE is Richard (Handphone no. is 9673 7717). He is a SUPER patient and friendly person.

↡ Advertisement

Just got my car [thumbsup] . My SE is Richard (Handphone no. is 9673 7717). He is a SUPER patient and friendly person.

how's the car? what color?

salesman from which branch?

tell us more... [gossip]

Neutral Newbie

Mine is silver, common but easy to maintain [rolleyes] .

Initially, I was quite worried about the car too. However, things changed after spoken to my PATIENT SE for a total of 5 to 6 hours and tested my own car. The car is not as slow as what others said.

I met my SE at Leng Kee branch but his name card stated both Leng Kee and Ubi branch. His contact no. is 9673 7717.

As I'm a very fussy person, I asked my SE lots of questions (based on those feedback from others). He is very patient and he doesn't pressure me in order to close the deal. Fyi, I met three Japanese and one Korean car SEs before I decided to get proton exora.

Initially, I was quite worried about the car too. However, things changed after spoken to my PATIENT SE for a total of 5 to 6 hours and tested my own car. The car is not as slow as what others said.

I met my SE at Leng Kee branch but his name card stated both Leng Kee and Ubi branch. His contact no. is 9673 7717.

As I'm a very fussy person, I asked my SE lots of questions (based on those feedback from others). He is very patient and he doesn't pressure me in order to close the deal. Fyi, I met three Japanese and one Korean car SEs before I decided to get proton exora.

Congas on your new purchase ...:)

do keep us posted regularly on your experience with this car.

I heard that the export version engine is the 2nd batch one where they tweaked the engine a bit..Anyway congrats on your new ride.You can go any Proton service ctr in JB to add on the fog lights etc.

Congrat on ur new car purchase.So roughly take how long to get the car?

Is stock available?

Some readout from malaysian forum about exora.Enjoy reading

http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/forum/fo...sp?FORUM_ID=196

Neutral Newbie

I'm so glad that I am part of the record setting here to be the FIRST customer to test drive the Exora when I tested for my father in law who was the 10th person to buy the Exora.....My verdict : Value for money as it has what some COMMON MPV dont have....2nd and 3rd row aircon and the interior space is bigger than my previous Wish and of course more spacious than stream, touran sport, subaru exiga, caren, c4 grand picasso,peugeot 407sw.......Power wise : Very impresive 1.6L engine to carry a 1.4tonne body with ease....Gd value for money car.....

Congrat on ur new car purchase.So roughly take how long to get the car?

Is stock available?

Some readout from malaysian forum about exora.Enjoy reading

http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/forum/fo...sp?FORUM_ID=196

Local version sure got minor problem for Proton cause most of them buys the 1st batch.Export one is refined and if u want safer then wait till the 2nd batch.My Saga is the second batch as i must wait for 1 mth for the second batch to arrive from MY.So far no complaints....

i was served by ray lee at suntec roadshow.

anyone booked from him, any comments??

prefer the manual version, told will be here

by end of the year. :D

Neutral Newbie

Another SE to approach:Shanley Phua,Quite polite and friendly.She's driving a Volvo BTW [nosebleed]

During the road show, she was driving a grey Honda Odyssey (RB1). I guess, it's her husband's volvo.

Yup I agree, she's friendly and polite.

Neutral Newbie

Went to test drive on National Day morning. SE say currently has 100 plus order so if book now, earliest to receive the car is Nov/Dec. Current price is $59999 but during the national day wkend, promo px at $57,999.

Pros

leg space at the middle row is v gd [thumbsup]

can sit 3 adults comfortably in the middle row

both middle row and 3rd row seats can tilt backwards and forward.

has immobiliser

audio control on steering wheel (it does works)

boot space slightly bigger than Terios 7, Carens

rear aircon vents and sufficient cooling

passenger claim ride is quieter than Terios 7

all seats tumble down flat

Cons

Engine roar quite loud whenever accelerate in low gear due to RPM shoot to 3K even light footed.

there is a cover on top of the steering wheel & a gap appears between the cover and the steering wheel.

steering wheel feel small.

middle row seats cannot slide forward.

3rd row seats space a bit cramp (I'm 1.63m) though tilting the seats backwards will help .

see through gap near the front of the engine bay (there is a gap and you can clearly see through to the ground)

handbrake a bit too low.

hard plastic interior and car has a plastic smell (maybe new)

difficult to adjust tilting position for middle and 3rd row after seated down.

Personally, would recommend for the aircon and the space but engine roar during every acceleration when car is at low gear puts me off. However at the last min, my financial commitment shifted to our future home so the plan to change a car is temporary shelved. [smallcry]

The space in 2nd row seems a little too much. if there was a sliding mechanism.

that extra space could be shared with the now cramp 3rd row.

read somewhere that the sliding mechanism creates extra weight

so was not included. [furious]

Neutral Newbie

Yes according to 1 article, the proton engineer when ask why no sliding mechanism. He said it add extra 20kg to the weight. [sweatdrop] Let me see if I can find and post the link.

The space in 2nd row seems a little too much. if there was a sliding mechanism.

that extra space could be shared with the now cramp 3rd row.

read somewhere that the sliding mechanism creates extra weight

so was not included. [furious]

I totally agree with your opinion.

As far as I know, many other cars that 2nd row can tumble forward, can also slide as well, so not exactly something difficult or heavy, more probable is an oversight by the proton designers. Even if it adds 20kg of weight, I'll happily take that 20kg anytime. Now the 3rd row space is so limited, want to put children in 2nd row and adults in 3rd row also cannot.

Edited by Sgnick

Neutral Newbie

Oh I need to add 1 more pro to my review is that all the doors auto lock after moving off for a while.

Another thing to take note is that the signal stick is on the left like a conti. Probably our version will also sell in European market in the future.

Oh I need to add 1 more pro to my review is that all the doors auto lock after moving off for a while.

Another thing to take note is that the signal stick is on the left like a conti. Probably our version will also sell in European market in the future.

There's BCM(Body control module) even for M-Line.Features include auto lock at speed of 20km/h,Wiper setting auto wipe when raining.From Waja till Exora all signal is at the left.Even my Saga signal stick is on the left.

Neutral Newbie

booked exora black at 57999. coe $13K +. delivery december. SE Richard

On paper, if you drive at 90km/h constant, you may get 13.8km/l

Anyway, need to test to prove it

look at the body kit....http://protonexora.com.my/forum/index.php?topic=413.60

Edited by Funnyson
↡ Advertisement