• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
53 replies to this topic | 81 praises

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    Banned

Who drives these cars? are they cars given from our govt to bigshots?

why are they entitled to such benefits?

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

Andrefoo
  • Andrefoo
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

these vehicles belong to the various embassies in singapore. they enjoy a whole host of benefits
Ford Focus ST 225

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

Twofouronenite
  • Twofouronenite
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I saw bike with that S and CD plate.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

Cap830
  • Cap830
    Clutched
    Author Image

CD cars are diplomatic vehicles.

I believe they are 'immune' to traffic offences and have certain benefits with regard road tax etc.

Some of them are left hand drive as the embassy use their 'national; cars.

SXX01CD is the one designated as highest rank in the embassy ie Ambassador.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

Orac
  • Orac
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Think these vehicles are also exempted COE or OMV

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

CD cars are diplomatic vehicles.

I believe they are 'immune' to traffic offences and have certain benefits with regard road tax etc.

Some of them are left hand drive as the embassy use their 'national; cars.

SXX01CD is the one designated as highest rank in the embassy ie Ambassador.

yes, u r rite, thats y, stay away far far from the CD plates. u dunno who is inside, if suay suay kena kiss by the vehicle and it happens to be the ambassador ride... good luck...

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

Tashi
  • Tashi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

hi bro
You may find 2 different types of plates, CD, and CC. CD belong to the embassies and I think CC belong to consulates. Consulates do not necessarily enjoy full diplomatic immunity, including the honorary consuls (HC) or consulate generals in some. Also, a local resident appointed in his/her home country as a consul general, may not enjoy immunity either. Usually the said immunity apply to a foreigner appointed to a host country, and the host country's head provides the immunity. Something like that, imho.

blessings
+

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:40 PM

Rtth84
  • Premium member
    Rtth84
    5th Gear
    Author Image

they can chiong red light, drive at 200kph, park infront of istana no one can do anything

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Who drives these cars? are they cars given from our govt to bigshots?

why are they entitled to such benefits?

Well looks like everything has been answered except for one question.

Nope, the vehicles are not given. They are exempt from COE etc, however, the cost of the vehicle is borne by the embassy, high commission etc.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I just keep my distance from these type of cars, some of them driving a bit chiu cheng one ...
focus

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

Modykoh
  • Premium member
    Modykoh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

the type and make of the car generally signify the importance of the ranking.

but they are still subjected the rule and regulation, if accident....they are in worst s--t cos many many papaer work...
which mean, they will siamz more then we do...lol

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:41 PM

Doosan
  • Premium member
    Doosan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

oso road tax exempted.........no erp, no need to pay parking ticket, speed trap, many2 more under diplomatic immunities......... gossip.gif

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:44 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well looks like everything has been answered except for one question.

Nope, the vehicles are not given. They are exempt from COE etc, however, the cost of the vehicle is borne by the embassy, high commission etc.

So are these cars immune from traffic offences.... cause i saw 1 along lavender rd there... most likely drink driving, vehicle swerving from left to right and left again etc...
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So are these cars immune from traffic offences.... cause i saw 1 along lavender rd there... most likely drink driving, vehicle swerving from left to right and left again etc...

If there's no state flag up, then they can be stopped. However if the driver has got diplomatic immunity, even TP also LL cannot do anything (except maybe bar the guy from driving if he's drunk).

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:09 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

CD cars are not immune from traffic fines.

i ever saw police place a parking summon on a S CD car before coz the car is parked on double yellow line.

This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:11 PM

Modykoh
  • Premium member
    Modykoh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i ever saw police place a parking summon on a S CD car before coz the car is parked on double yellow line.

no la...the police is guarding it la...

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Like I said. If the driver has got diplomatic immunity, there's nothing much that we can do even if they don't pay.

- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

Mage
  • Mage
    4th Gear
    Author Image

was it a XC90?
=======================================
**If you drink, don't park. Accidents cause people**

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:37 PM

Kyojin
  • Kyojin
    5th Gear
    Author Image

poor cop must have been invited to drink coffee...

S CD cars are best avoided on the road. although they will take precautions not to break local laws, these guys enjoy legal immunity as a trust that they will conduct themselves well in their host country. some embassies require their staff to pay parking fines etc, while others may not.

that said, if they do commit a serious crime (murder, rape, etc) the host country can request the other country to waive the diplomat's immunity and charge him/her to the full extent of local laws.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

nope, the police was issuing summons to all cars along the same road and they didn't hesitant to place one on the S CD car. they just walked off after placing it on the windscreen.

i was standing there, kaypo-ing ard.....

then a while later, one ang mo couple came along, and the guy saw the summon, took it, read it and put into pocket and both went into the S CD car.

so i not sure if the ang mo guy is immune to our traffic law or not.
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: plate, xxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users