Second Hand Car Dealers' Admin Fee

Achtung

Written to be quoted does not mean die die must get from them right? For my second hand car the dealer quote me but in the end I got it myself, but before that oso paid the b-------t admin fee.

Can anyone help me?

paid the admin fee($500) as the price for the car is quite low itself.

just brought a 2nd hand car, and the dealer told me that the insurance cost around 2k. and written to be quoted.

when I reach home I check online then I notice for my insurance I can get around 1.5k only..

can I still withdraw my deposit if they insist I take the insurance they offer me? [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

$ in their pocket, it won't comes back anymore honestly.. Can nego wit ur salesman to pick ur own insurance.. Prob gotta top up $100 to him to cover him as he don't earns fr ur insurance Liao.. If fren fren, den of course can talk :) Arbo market is $100.. The reason y sometime they gave u high quote is becos the more u paid, the higher his com.. Anyway 2nd hand car is not like new car, can purchase ur own insurance unless agreement states so which is actually pretty unlikely.. But in any circumstances u cancel the sale, ur deposit is good the bye for sure Liao.. Unless ur loan not approve den diff story Liao :) hope it helps..

He earn a $500 admin fee still wan earn me insurance isnt it too much?

That's y u able to get a lower quote urself den them.. thou they have lower one but they choose not to pass to u as they have higher com when u spend higher amt insurance.. That sucks honestly.. But 2nd hand cars usually have no tie down on the insurance wit the dealer.. 1st hand yes.. wit AIG I think as they have the 1 for 1 coverage thing when ur car gets into total lost within the 1st yr I think.. To clarify u gotta do hm work on dis Liao lol..

But for online quote one I think only a few.. Those starts wit letter 'A, letter 'D or 'E one u betta read the t&c properly.. No doubt they are cheaper but have heard fr my dealers frens that when it comes to claim, u or bak kak.. Lol.. Anyway congrats on ur new ride :)

That's y u able to get a lower quote urself den them.. thou they have lower one but they choose not to pass to u as they have higher com when u spend higher amt insurance.. That sucks honestly.. But 2nd hand cars usually have no tie down on the insurance wit the dealer.. 1st hand yes.. wit AIG I think as they have the 1 for 1 coverage thing when ur car gets into total lost within the 1st yr I think.. To clarify u gotta do hm work on dis Liao lol..

But for online quote one I think only a few.. Those starts wit letter 'A, letter 'D or 'E one u betta read the t&c properly.. No doubt they are cheaper but have heard fr my dealers frens that when it comes to claim, u or bak kak.. Lol.. Anyway congrats on ur new ride :)

thx dude.

so I don't really need to take from them the insurance? as in I can go outside take myself as the receipt insurance to be quoted.

my wife just got pregnant so no choice get a cheap car use few year then see how ba..

Twincharged

thx dude.

so I don't really need to take from them the insurance? as in I can go outside take myself as the receipt insurance to be quoted.

my wife just got pregnant so no choice get a cheap car use few year then see how ba..

To me, i only consider the all-in price. These guys already factored in profits left right center. Dun care if the dealer is charging $1k or $0 admin fee, whoever offers the lowest total price gets my business, ceteris paribus

Those insurance companies u mentioned above, the drivers can purchase dircectly fr them, dun need go thru dealers/agents meaning they got no commissions so naturally they wil make up stories mah.... :wacko:

Now the dealer tell me they will help me apply for the insurance which is cheaper but ask me top up $100 comission.. I tell them I not going to pay.. he will get back to me tomorrow. .if they insist I pay how??

Neutral Newbie

I also getting a used car bro. $500 admin fee. but i told dealer i taking insurance on my own.

You try talking to the dealer. The insurance through them is ex, cos they earn commission.

I don't believe in paying this so-called 'Admin fee'.

Consumers should stop falling prey to such tactics.

If tomorrow car dealers decide to bullsh!t you about some other administrative expense which involves them scratching their butts, would you still pay?

Be firm and just stick to the purchase price of the car + insurance + misc charges (LTA transfer fee, road tax).

Now the dealer tell me they will help me apply for the insurance which is cheaper but ask me top up $100 comission.. I tell them I not going to pay.. he will get back to me tomorrow. .if they insist I pay how??

Told u Liao sure ask u top up $100.. U paid any deposit? Loan approve already? If yes den maybe LL lor.. Treat it as a lesson learnt :) if no to both question, den move on to other dealers :) can nego wit the salesman eh.. See he willing to go soft or not.. Unless it agreement states it black n white.. Arbo Mai hiu lan him

Those insurance companies u mentioned above, the drivers can purchase dircectly fr them, dun need go thru dealers/agents meaning they got no commissions so naturally they wil make up stories mah.... :wacko:

Thru Agt or direct purchase maybe have savings difference of couple of hundreds.. Worst case is when kenah accident Liao they deny claim.. That one den headache.. Lol..

Dealer might get cheap quote but try refuse to pass to u.. We also dunno.. Lower premium = lower com

I read through the contract stated behide. I tell them that the insurance price is not stated when I sign, if they insist that I taking insurance from them, I wan to withdraw my deposit.. he LL no choice but to give in.

I read through the contract stated behide. I tell them that the insurance price is not stated when I sign, if they insist that I taking insurance from them, I wan to withdraw my deposit.. he LL no choice but to give in.

Congrats :) but watch out for those online insurance.. T&C beta read properly.. Don't wan in the event sway sway accident liao den kenah deny claim... Lol..

Congrats :) but watch out for those online insurance.. T&C beta read properly.. Don't wan in the event sway sway accident liao den kenah deny claim... Lol..

Once a dealer did a "by the way..." stunt on me after i agreed on his asking price and we were signing the doc.

I stood up, took back my nric and told him "sorry i dun play fotball" n started walking away. Stopped me n said he joking onli. NB. [wave][rifle]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

maybe the dealer factored in all these prices to give you the car at a low price but earn from the loans, insurance, admin etc..deposit paid right? see if can negotiate further a not abt insurance. they earn only abt 10% of your insur premium which is abt 100-200. else just pay up the $100 considering car price alrdy quite low. treat it as lesson learnt bro. buying a new ride should not be so unpleasant!

Edit: oops didnt see that ya got the matter rectified! Yes do check their insurance T&C, companies like aviva/directasia v strict although cheap. change rims also considered modification :wacko:

Edited by Potpourri

Hi guys

Am actually interested in car sold by the dealer mentioned earlier Creative Auto.

How do I protect myself to ensure they don pull any stunt ?

If sales agreement didn't not state any admin fees will they last min demand for admin fee before they hand over car ! How do I protect myself against such scenarios ?

Edited by Wira
  • Praise 2

post-131345-0-26759100-1438599924_thumb.jpg

post-131345-0-21101400-1438599962_thumb.jpg

Just bought a car from this dealer 97907755 raymond.

No admin fee

I bought my own insurance, he never say anything.

Paid full cash and he never complain.

The car is in reasonable got some minor imperfections.

But as promise he send to workshop and repair it.

Overall experience is ok.

Be getting the car tomorrow once i pass him the cash.

Will update you all as i proceed

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1