Second Hand Car Dealers' Admin Fee

Achtung

Frankly you didn't get chop. Those extras like $300 for additional warranty and STA inspection rae waste of money.

For a car like Honda Fit, you basically pump petrol and run your daily errands. Only normal servicing is required. Since you had a CRV , you should know the reliability of this brand.

The only thing I see is your transacted price is too close to new car price when you factor in the transfee fees plus road tax renewal.

Happy driving.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi the_mark..

I can feel you are speaking in the same tone as me.

I'm very very stressed over my purchase too.

My dealer said the same thing about warranty.

The previous warranty is not transferrable, but they are giving 1 yr warranty by TWM, which, I believe they already factored in the selling price of the car.

I insisted on a STA evaluation. But they refused and refused and refused to pay for it. So I am going to pay for it to play safe.

Just wondering.. based on the results of the STA evaluation, how should I decide whether to take or give up the car?

I would like to know what what I need to look out for during collection of car too......

:D thanks for all of you helpful souls.

Current COE prices is super high, which is why is probably not even a good time to change car, haha...

The CRV actually belongs to my sis, and monthly installments is about $940, and fuel guzzling.

After asking a few PI, a new unit costs ard 61k for a GF model, which is why we were tempted to buy 2nd hand, haha...

In addition, my sis was looking at full settlement, and buying new ones have to pay an additional 1.2k to 2k if not taking loan.

The 2nd hand dealer giving us a 2k extra trade-in with no penalty in full settlement hence looked like a better deal to us.

That aside, there is a common suspicion on the warranty portion.

I agree with Blue850r that the reliability of honda is there, so I will heed your advise and my gut-feeling on this too.

Hope we don't end up with a lemon [laugh]

hi the_mark..

The previous warranty is not transferrable, but they are giving 1 yr warranty by TWM, which, I believe they already factored in the selling price of the car.

I insisted on a STA evaluation. But they refused and refused and refused to pay for it. So I am going to pay for it to play safe.

Just wondering.. based on the results of the STA evaluation, how should I decide whether to take or give up the car?

I would like to know what what I need to look out for during collection of car too......

I think the main problem we share is that we've already committed to the purchase, which I don't think they will entertain us much further. :blink:

My question on the STA is such that, if condition found otherwise, is there anything we can do about it even?

If there's nothing we can do, I think I would just bring it to my car workshop and ask them to check for me if is really accident free as the seller claims

Things to note on car collection is not the car itself as many people would do.

Open your eyes on the paperwork, Take note that the vehicle is transferred to your name, the finance company documents are correct, loan amount, no. of years you loan, repayment amount, interest rate is correct as agreed.

As for the car, you had test driven it, you had inspected it, so no need to pay too much attention. Dealers just want to make money by trading and not by cheating. The car is just a product for them to make money.

the person who buys the car will pay for the transfer fee.

unless in the case whereby the seller agrees to 'absorb' the transfer fee as part of the deal, the trasnfer fee is paid by the buyer.

As for the admin fee, it is variable.Some may charge more, some may charge less.It is quite subjective.

Neutral Newbie

The dealer said that if the STA inspection gives the car a grade lower than B, I can choose not to take the car and they will give me back my 2k deposit.

How does the grading work? is there only A B C grading? or A+ AA AAA A+++?

Is B a reasonable grade for used car?

Brother,don't think you will get back your 2k deposit.Most car at least will get a A grading from STA.My first second hand car got A star rating.Chassis alightment abit off.They say due to wear and tear.Anyway,I don't believe most car in singapore are accident free.Some accident are surface and not structure,therefore STA also can't tell.If there's rust somewhere and STA didnt notice it,you will be in the losing end as rust will spread,and will eventually damage the structure of the car.Lastly,what i heard outside,I must emphasize,what i "heard" is that the dealer and inspector in STA sorta "pa kup" together to rate the car.Just my 2 cents worth.

(edited)

haha... i feel like a fool again.

dont be disheartened.

highlight your concern to the dealer and see what they can do.

Edited by Accordvtec

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

as much as i would like to keep my cool..

cant help being paranoid as it is hard-earned money..

they see i girl.. first timer.. then take out chopper.. and tell lies.. thats really really really inethical.....

i will take note of all the advises u guys provide.. so keep them coming..

thanks everybody!

Edited by Kexandra

[laugh] Lucky I came to this forum. Upon probing further, the agent said that after calling comfortdelgro, there is still a 2 yr warranty left still... heng ah... almost ganna chop 1x jialat jialat, hehe....

even so,

the car 2nd hand car main burgle of them are still run by ah beng and ah seng...

talk about service?

wait long long....

hi the_mark..

No dealer would pay for the inspection when you are the one requesting it. It's only $100 odd. And it's standard protocol for refund of deposit/cancellation of sales agreement if grading gets below B (some do A even).

Any special intructions or requests for the dealer to do up your ride before collection must be written down on the receipt/sales agreement.

Lastly, no rush. Take your own sweet time to scrutinize the whole car in/outside to make sure you're happy with it.

[laugh] Lucky I came to this forum. Upon probing further, the agent said that after calling comfortdelgro, there is still a 2 yr warranty left still... heng ah... almost ganna chop 1x jialat jialat, hehe....

Unless it's a lemon, otherwise the warranty is just a formality. Most issues you will face fall under the wear & tear category, so from own pocket.

Neutral Newbie

I also bought a 2nd hand car from a very decent dealer. I was new to SG and would have perhaps paid whatever he might have asked but this guy didn't charge me a cent !!!

↡ Advertisement