Second Hand Car Dealers' Admin Fee

Achtung

Yes I had bad experience 3 yrs ago wanting to get a Harrier BN from a dealer there. Bloody con artist. Anyone knows how is dealers at automegamart at ubi

Anyone wanna buy a second hand car can sms me or email me. G'teed my cars 100%acc free with low mil, can give vicom or STA report if you want. 100% no admin, football fee. Only $ you need to pay is your insurance, LTA transfer fee (pay to LTA, not we take), and the first instalment if you are taking loans. NO GST also. Customer satisfaction is my 1st priorty. My hp: 96644264 or email me at [email protected].

Bro,

here cannot do advertising, wait u kena yellow card by mod... [bigcry][bigcry]

Guys, my recent experience is I was told to pay SGD500 for Agreement fee and SGD500 for Admin fee as the salesman (or rather conman) knew that I have spent 17 years oversea,

worse is that I put down a deposit of SGD8,000 and was threathened by the company that if I don't come down to agree paying these "hidden chares", they would forfeit my deposit, I immediately called the bank and stop the cheque (which any person with the right mind would do), they issued me with the lawyer's letter and I have asked my lawyer to deal with them.

Greedy. Cheats and threats are the company's tactics. I wonder if the relevant authority should take actions to punish these kinds of practices taken by the dealer, what the Singapore government has done for the housing agents (to stop the unehical practices) was good, same must be done for the used car dealers

What is the protection of innocent buyers who have put down a deposit (which most dealers would ask)??? where is our right and protection when we are squeezed to pay "god knws what"fees that these people would impose (when our cheques are in their hands as deposit)

I urge LTA (may be the most relevant authority) to take actions to these car dealers.

Guys, my recent experience is I was told to pay SGD500 for Agreement fee and SGD500 for Admin fee as the salesman (or rather conman) knew that I have spent 17 years oversea,

worse is that I put down a deposit of SGD8,000 and was threathened by the company that if I don't come down to agree paying these "hidden chares", they would forfeit my deposit, I immediately called the bank and stop the cheque (which any person with the right mind would do), they issued me with the lawyer's letter and I have asked my lawyer to deal with them.

Greedy. Cheats and threats are the company's tactics. I wonder if the relevant authority should take actions to punish these kinds of practices taken by the dealer, what the Singapore government has done for the housing agents (to stop the unehical practices) was good, same must be done for the used car dealers

What is the protection of innocent buyers who have put down a deposit (which most dealers would ask)??? where is our right and protection when we are squeezed to pay "god knws what"fees that these people would impose (when our cheques are in their hands as deposit)

I urge LTA (may be the most relevant authority) to take actions to these car dealers.

Good call from you by asking the bank to stop the cheque.

I have no qualms about engaging a lawyer on my own if they are to threaten me with a lawyer's letter, especially over a paltry sum of $1k "football" fees compared to the initial deposit fo $8k.

Bloody b-------t from these 2nd hand car dealers nowadays especially with the new car market down in slumps. Most of the a-----es are out to squeeze when they still can... [laugh]

bro, my case was worse, they try to charge me admin fee 500 and agreement fee of the same amount, nad god know what fee that would be coming along

I insisted that the SE writes down in black and white the agreed charges and what has been agreed...

Soory to hear that you got cheated big time...

Actually before u signed...

U should read carefully and understand wad u are signing and paying for....

Cos after u signed.....

U cant just say they cheat u

[:)]

After you saw the car and satisfied with it and before started negotiating, ask them what are the extra charges you have pay if you buy the car. They will list down the Transfer fee, first month advance and so on. If they mention about admin fee, ask them to waive, if they don't do it, ask them how much is the admin fee. Deduct that from the price you have already fixed for the price of the car and then start negotiating. I have used this and so far very successful in negotiating but always miss my ride bcoz i take more than a day to decide, by the time, the car will be sold :) (missed more than 4 cars as of now :)

Don't be shy to hard negotiate, after all, it is our money.

should these unethical practices be stopped once and for all? should the authority punish them? should we publish the names of all these "sharks" and let the potential buyers know?

more importantly, wanna ask where is our protection when our money (cheque) is with them where they can suka suka charge all these "hidden charges"

The problem is no mention about the admin fee and the agreement fee at all, and they thought they could held me hostage as my 8k deposit (in cheaque) was with them, so all the threatening words to forfeit my 8K all came out...

↡ Advertisement