Correct tyre pressure??

Stash

hi is there any site i can check the best tyre pressure for my tyre?

my current specs are 195/ 55 R 15

↡ Advertisement

How old is your car?

Have you looked inside your door sill?

Have you looked inside your owners' manual?

If so, it would be extremely unusual that these 2 locations not have tyre pressure info specific to your car.

"BEST" tire pressure?? [laugh]

Best for FC? Best for grip? Best for floating?(Mas used a tire to float across to M'sia)

Pls use e correct technical term, its called a flotation device [laugh]

We r all using flotation devices for our cars. Can go on land, can go on water also! [idea]

Turbocharged
(edited)

optimum is 20% below tire max pressure. buy tire based on the manufacturer recommended load and speed rating. size based on your rims and overall tire size the car can take. highway driving can up the pressure to 15% below max pressure.

Edited by Nolicense

20% below recommended max tyre pressure, sound too low for full load of 4 adult passegers. Continue use at such pressure the tyres will overtime suffer wear along the central surfaces. For low profile tyre, the rolling stress and temp built up on the tyre side walls will be very high and may cause the tyre to burst if it hit any roadsides objects.

Is it wrong or bad to use the pressure recommended by the manual? im driving a 1.3L hatch on 155/65/14 weighing 0.995 tons usually alone or with one pax driven only in sg. Max traveled speed 110km/h (iknowiknow). Recommended is 280psi which is quite high i recon. Priorities- safety, performance, tire wear, fc, road noise. Any advice would be received with a hug!

Turbocharged

20% below recommended max tyre pressure, sound too low for full load of 4 adult passegers. Continue use at such pressure the tyres will overtime suffer wear along the central surfaces. For low profile tyre, the rolling stress and temp built up on the tyre side walls will be very high and may cause the tyre to burst if it hit any roadsides objects.

Sorry, I wrote for highway 15% less than max tyre pressure, but left out for full load also. Thanks to help clarify.

I read it somewhere but cannot find the info now, I reproduce in table for you to see if its too low and for everyone to judge for themselves.

Max Less ~15% Less ~20%

38psi 33psi 30psi

44psi 38psi 36psi

50psi 43psi 40psi

for me i use 44psi max and inflate to 36psi as per my car manual. Since the table corresponds quite well to my car manual, I wonder if it is also a rough guide for other cars. FYI my Load Index correspond to 600kg.

i realised TC service centre pumped my car front tyres at 38 instead of recommended 32 stated on the sticker....no wonder after getting back the car, whenever i brake the car, it feels so abrutly.

You may have get it wrong - it maybe 280Kpa and NOT 280psi. All common air compressors in singapore by safety regulations must be set with max air pressure of not more than 150psi.

Neutral Newbie

hi is there any site i can check the best tyre pressure for my tyre?

my current specs are 195/ 55 R 15

A good way is to take your max load rating on your tire's sidewall and minus about 20%, which was what some post-ers has already mentioned.

Also, to penguin, it's impossible to be 280psi. No road legal car tire I know can take that kind of pressure.

A good way is to take your max load rating on your tire's sidewall and minus about 20%, which was what some post-ers has already mentioned.

Also, to penguin, it's impossible to be 280psi. No road legal car tire I know can take that kind of pressure.

oh crap. [blush] pai say sia.

280Kpa. If i really pump 280psi i think you'll see me in the news- "penguin killed by flying rim and tire fragments"

280Kpa/40psi (i got it right this time, i think) 155/65/14 on a 0.995ton hatchback for singapore roads. is it ok or good or bad to inflate to that pressure?

well my original tire size is 185, 55 r15

now its 195 55 r15.

its there any site i can confirm.

how do we know we pump the correct pressure???

eh.. mines 83W on the side

-20% gives me 66.4. what does that mean? 66.4kpa? cannot be right. [confused]

83 supposed to be 1074pounds or 487kg. either way the numbers are too big.